- It is necessary that I am viewed as a product. I am a product.
- I don't have dreams. How can I say it? I myself am a dream.
- I don't set goals. Like, that's what I want to be doing however many years from now. I do what I love to do at the moment.
- I thought Mommy's life was strange, not mine.
- My job is simply to be myself, to be Ayumi Hamasaki.
- [...]Everyone has a secret. Right? Of course I have a secret. I think maybe you too?
- I don't want to become adult!
- If people will listen, I will go anywhere in the world!
- Music is my life, if I am without music or if I can't sing any more, I die, I'm nothing...because music is everything.
- [...] I don't know my future. I don't know about tomorrow. I can just control for today or present, right now. [...] I don't want to think about future too much, because present is most important for me.
- Interview with TalkAsia, November 2007
- …I guess the very first thing is to own your true self, and that includes achieving the point of not lying to others; the first step should be not lying to yourself.
- Interview with Cawaii, December 2007
- By your faith in people, you will someday be betrayed.
I thought it was the same as being rejected.
At the time I didn't have that kind of strength.
Certainly, I knew too much.
It was said that I was a strong child.
I was praised, saying "you must have strength not to cry"
The more things like that were said,
the more even laughing was painful.
- A Song for XX
- The lovers, appearing happy,
walk, holding hands.
Though it appears everything is perfect,
only they know the truth.
- Who taught me true strength?
Who taught me kindness?
Whom do I walk for?
Who did I want to stroke my hair?
Who didn't give up for me?
I'll never forget.
- When I lost my way, and
When the road was too long,
I was muttering to myself.
Life is just that way...
- Today's happy face, today's sad face.
Yesterday, a weak self, tomorrow, a strong self.
If it's you, who are you showing it to?
If it's I, whom should I show it to?
- Everyone, including I, is certain
that "that thing" they're searching for
is in the future.
But how many people have realized
that "that" is actually in the past?
I can't even guess.
- I saw the end of an age
with these, my eyes.
But I didn't want to know
that it's my turn next.
- Choosing only the things you like
If you can't find anything you like
then why take the responsibility?
I take only the possibilities that I'm ready to accept.
- If you don't need it, then
it is useless to be compassionate.
If it's important then
it will probably be followed with pain.
Loneliness that you feel with someone is worse
than one you feel
- This year, once again, the seasons have passed.
Memories have faded.
The border between my blurry dream and
reality has become blurred.
Even so, the dream I once told you of
did not have a single lie.
- Today was very sad,
and even if tomorrow, I cry,
someday I will be able to laugh
and remember our time together.
How many seasons must pass,
in this, our finite existence?
If we live in the "now",
what will we find?
- You once said long ago
while stroking my hair,
"When you wake up, there'll be
a nice present
by your pillow."
- Teddy Bear
- Your back always
looked small and weak
but we could laugh together
at funny stories.
But if people keep making
the same mistakes over and over
can they really regret them?
- Teddy Bear
- When I woke up, I found
by my pillow a teddy bear
instead of you.
- Teddy Bear
- Isn't it? It's as if we have just entered a new age
It's a miracle;
we will never experience it again
Let's remember it once more
- No matter how far apart we are,
don't forget that we're
still under the same sky,
both traveling to the place
we once dreamed of.
- Today, in this city
two people will meet and lock eyes;
the curtains are then turbulently thrown open.
[...] Today, in this city
two people will separate their paths;
the curtains are then silently lowered.
- But, for everything,
there is an end, someday, inevitably.
- "Maria" There is someone I should love.
At times I sustain deep, deep wounds.
But, by the person I should love,
they are all healed.
"Maria" Everyone is crying.
"Maria" But I want to believe.
"Maria" So I'm praying now
that this is my final love.
Beginnings come at random,
but endings always have a reason.
- But in such a place as this, I can only tell you
by singing this song.
- If you'd listen, even for a little while
I'd be pleased
Remember, once more
we were born into this world crying.
Your dreams and hopes for tomorrow
are all in this world.
- A Song Is Born
- Remember, once more
how our world should be.
And please, don't forget,
please, please don't forget.
- A Song Is Born
- Surely, no one hoped for so many things.
Hold the flowers close to your heart;
they may someday bloom.
- A Song Is Born
- If you were alone
and suddenly became blind,
and even so
you keep walking forward.
- A woman could be having fun
A woman could be like a nun
In order to survive
We cannot be kind
Until we are hurt
- Real Me
- In a city [world] as dirty as this,
You gather up, save, and show me
Purely beautiful things.
- I don't want a weak heart that can't cry
or the strength not to cry.
I'll search for a shooting
Star to cast my wishes on, but
Daybreak will come too soon
And I won't be able to find one.
- In times when I encounter sad things
I have a habit of saying "I'm all right".
On that day, something had stopped for me
And no matter
how much I pray,
I can't find a single star.
- How many times have I lost my way?
Every time, the one who gave me a hand
- We go on this voyage to find happiness.
You see? A smile really suits you.
- If time is a fading dream
Then it would be like a flower
Even if destined to fall
It would be all the more valuable in its transience.
- Really, we are
Not only dots
But are the whole
- If one day
They are connected
And form lines
- Certainly everyone, in order to protect love,
Certainly wishes to believe in something
- Even in my age now, I'm the same as before
and just as fearful
I only learn how to pretend to be strong
- Though my heart is filled with feelings I want to convey
You see, I can't express them in words
If I had not met you
I wouldn't even have such an embarrassing pain
- No Way To Say
- Slowly, I've come to realize
That I cannot heal my past
And that fearing the unavoidable future
- No Way To Say
- Goodbye. You have gone to the place where we can never meet again
I can't accept the coldness of an eternal parting
I wish I could have heard you say
That surely, you had loved me
Only once, even if it were a lie
- Memorial Address ~Take 2 Version~
- You see? The times have changed
But why do I still hear people say
"Tears are woman's weapons"?
We don't cry easily
We are not always flirty
We are not dolls
Who are only dressed to the nines.
- My Name's Women
- An interested stranger asked me
How do I see the scenery from here?
It's how you think it would be.
It's useless to explain
Everybody GO! Everybody JUMP!
- Humming 7/4
- My lips told a lie
For a trivial reason
It wasn't for anyone else
But only to protect myself
And I didn't think about anyone else
- Walking Proud
- But I escaped from reality
Escaped from the pain
I said to myself
"Some day, I'll be as I should be
Though I'm far from there now"
After such excuses, my eyes were opened
All I could do was to live in the present time.
- Walking Proud
- Yayayaya Gagagaga Dadadada Wowowowo
Yayayaya Gagagaga Dadadada Wowowowo
Even if you think you are too bold
It's all fine
In all honesty, I'm hesitant
To be prudent and reserved
OK, together now, "Bold & Delicious!"
Don't watch me quietly, stand up please, "Bold & Delicious!"
- I feel most miserable
When I can't step "step up to the plate"
You know? People often say
Regret from doing it is better than regret for not doing it
- Bold & Delicious
- This is a common case,
It looks like a fight with him
But she's really fighting with herself.
- Ladies Night
- If you are afraid of changes
Watch from a distance
Whether or not I might do something
If you're going to talk about me behind my back
It is what it is.
- It is sad
To lose sight of myself for the sake of myself
I believe in scenery no one has ever seen,
And next to you, I wish to stay in that place that doesn't exist
- Daybreak comes quickly nowadays
The scent of wind has changed
It seems familiar yet unfamiliar
It makes my heartbeat quicker
It's sweet and sad
We ran along the road to the sea
Screaming with laughter innocently
In the far-away summer days
- It was not coincidental that we chose what's left
If the universe has a will
I think we are part of it
Tender and precious
How many times have I searched for something
Found and lost it
- Why are you ashamed of yourself?
What happens after that?
But I really like your way of walking
In which you head straight and always hit a wall.
- I feel that
these glass shoes are too fragile
for running through this era.
- Just because this age is full of information and temptations
We should decide on our own
That creation comes after destruction
- Reality will always deceive us
But in that, you see, only your answer is hidden
If you feel you have not seen it
It is something you brought about with your own hands.
- This summer, our new journey begins
I sense a slight discomfort in the distance
We saw that place in our dreams
Today, let's find the road there again.
- Where does this road lead?
And where does it go from there?
Even if I imagine [the possibilities]
Of course, I have no clue.
I feel the more I wish to be strong
The weaker my heart becomes
In inverse proportion
- We notice it the moment our eyes meet someone else's
We feel it when coming into contact with him [or her]
But then once
We feel weak in the knees
The wind strokes my cheeks and makes it feel real
And whispering quietly
That this is not an illusion at all
- On that day, you decided
That you would walk by yourself
On the endless road
that crosses the clouds [and leads] to the sky
Leaving so much here
I want to tell you and talk about.
- Untitled ~For Her~
- What if everyone goes on the endless road
Sooner or later
Over the clouds to the sky
Be sure to wait for me.
And then, we will talk away
About our countless memories.
- Untitled ~For Her
- I was forgiven by forgiving many things
Including my long-ago childhood
I was healed, but I intended [to] heal
I've just noticed, the way
I was saved by love
Though I tried to keep love away.
- Because we want the same happiness
We keep carving the same wounds onto our hearts.
So I won't forget you
I call you over and over again
Please don't cry any more
I won't leave you alone.