Back to the Future Part II
Back to the Future Part II is a 1989 sequel to Back to the Future. After visiting 2015, Marty McFly must repeat his visit to 1955 to prevent disastrous changes to 1985... without interfering with his first trip.
- The time-traveling is just too dangerous. Better that I devote myself to study the other great mystery of the universe: women!
- Marty! What in the name of Sir Isaac H. Newton happened here?
- The skyway's jammed. It's gonna take us forever to get there. [about to throw out the almanac] And this stays here. I didn't invent the time machine to win at gambling. I invented the time machine to travel through time!
- Doc: They're taking her home, to your future home! We'll arrive shortly thereafter, get her out of there and go back to 1985.
- Marty: You mean, I'm going to see where I live? I'm gonna see myself as an old man?
- Doc: No, no, no Marty, that could result in a... [gasps] Great Scott! Jennifer could conceivably encounter her future self! The consequences of that could be disastrous!
- Marty: Doc, what do you mean?
- Doc: I foresee two possibilities. One: coming face to face with herself thirty years older would put her into shock and she'd simply pass out. Or two: the encounter could create a time paradox, the result of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worst-case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.
- Marty: Well, that's a relief.
- Old Biff: [about the copy of "Grey's Sports Almanac" from the future] The information in here is worth millions. And I'm giving it to you.
- Young Biff: [sarcastically] That's very nice, thank you very much. Now why don't you make like a tree and get outta here?
- Old Biff: [smacks him] It's "leave", you idiot! "Make like a tree, and leave!" You sound like a damn fool when you say it wrong!
- Young Biff: All right, then, LEAVE! And take your book with you!
- Marty: [about Biff] How can he be your husband? How could you leave Dad for him?
- Lorraine: Leave Dad? Marty, are you feeling all right?
- Marty: No! No, I'm not feeling all right! I don't understand one damn thing that's going on around here, and why no one can give me a simple straight answer!
- Lorraine: Oh, they must have hit you over the head hard this time.
- Marty: Mom, I just want to know one thing. Where's my father? Where's George McFly?
- Lorraine: Marty... George, your father, is in the same place he's been for the past 12 years. Oak Park Cemetery.
- Marty: So we go back to the future, and we stop Biff from stealing the time machine.
- Doc: We can't, because if we travel into the future from this point in time, it will be the future of this reality, [indicates in chalk the alternate reality, 1985A] in which Biff is corrupt, powerful, and married to your mother, and in which this has happened to me! [holds up a newspaper reading "EMMETT BROWN COMMITTED"] No, our only chance to repair the present is in the past, at the point where the time line skewed into this tangent. In order to put the universe back as we remember it and get back to our reality, we have to find out the exact date and specific circumstances of how, when, and where young Biff got his hands on that sports almanac.
- Marty: I'll ask him.
- 1955 Doc: It was nice talking to you. Maybe again we'll bump into each other sometime in the future.
- 1985 Doc: Or the past.
- [After Marty has gone back to 1985, the Marty that came from the alternate 1985 suddenly shows up from down the street and runs to the unsuspecting 1955 Doc]
- Marty: Doc, Doc! [grabs Doc]
- [Doc shouts in shock]
- Marty: Okay. Okay! Relax, Doc! It's me! It's Marty!
- Doc: No! It can't be! I just sent you back to the future.
- Marty: I know. You did send me back to the future, but I'm back. I'm back from the future.
- Doc: Great Scott! [faints]
- Getting back was only the beginning.
- Synchronize your watches. The future's coming back...
- Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!
- Michael J. Fox — Marty McFly/Marty McFly Jr./Marlene McFly
- Christopher Lloyd — Dr. Emmett Brown
- Thomas F. Wilson — Biff Tannen/Griff Tannen
- Lea Thompson — Lorraine Baines-McFly-Tannen
- Jeffrey Weissman - George McFly
- James Tolkan - Mr. Strickland
- Elisabeth Shue - Jennifer Parker-McFly
- Billy Zane - Match
- Charles Fleischer - Terry