Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Backstreet Boys are a Grammy-nominated pop group that enjoyed enormous success in the mid-late 1990s and 2000s. The band consists of A. J. McLean, Howie Dorough, Brian Littrell, Nick Carter and Kevin Richardson.
Backstreet Boys (1996)
- Jam on cause Backstreet's got it
Come on now everybody
We've got it goin' on for years.
- I'll never break your heart, I'll never make you cry
I'd rather die than live without you
I'll give you all of me, honey, that's no lie.
- Get down, get down, and move it all around.
- Quit playin' games with my heart, before you tear us apart.
- I'd go anywhere for you, anywhere you ask me to
I'd do anything for you, anything you want me to.
Backstreet's Back (1997)
- Everybody, yeah. Rock your body, yeah.
Everybody, yeah, rock your body right.
Backstreet's back, alright!
- I don't care who you are
Where you're from
What you did
As long as you love me.
- But my love is all I have to give
Without you I don't think I can live
I wish I could give the world to you
But love is all I have to give.
- Now I see you're just somebody
Who waste all my time and money
What a lie, you and I
What about your, your 10,000 promises that you gave to me.
- 10,000 Promises
- I hope you understand that there's a broken heart that lies within your hands.
If you take away the loving arms that surround me,
Then I might break down and cry just like a child.
- Like a Child
- There are people that say what you wanna hear.
Even on a rainy day they'll tell you the sky is clear.
And there are people that say what they really mean.
Tell me why, or do you know how stars can fall from above?
- That's What She Said
- You are my fire the one desire<brb>Believe when I say I want it that way
- All you people, can't you see, can't you see<brb>How your love's affecting our reality
Every time we're down, you can make it right
And that makes you larger than life.
- Show me the meaning of being lonely<brb>Is this the feeling I need to walk with?
Tell me why I can't be there where you are?
There's something missing in my heart
- There you are, wild and free
Reachin' out like you needed me
A helping hand to make it right
I am holding you all through the night
I'll be the one (I'll be the one)
Who will make all your sorrows undone
I'll be the light (I'll be the light)
When you feel like there's nowhere to run
I'll be the one
- You hit me faster than a shark attack
You saw my picture on the Backstreet's Back, alright
- Don't Want You Back
- I never thought that I would lose my mind
That I could control this
Never thought that I'd be left behind
That I was stronger than you.
- Don't Wanna Lose You Now
- It's not that I can't live without you, it's just that I don't even want to try.
- Back to Your Heart
- You showed me, when I was young just how to grow
You showed me, everything that I should know
You showed me, just how to walk without your hands
'Cause Mom you always were the perfect fan
- The Perfect Fan
Black & Blue (2000)
- Looking back on the things I've done
I was trying to be someone
I played my part and kept you in the dark
Now let me show you the shape of my heart.
- Let me tell you the story about the call that changed my destiny.
- I will love you more than that
I won't say the words then take them back.
Don't give loneliness a chance
Baby, listen to me when I say
I will love you more than that.
- Show me your reason, give me a sign
Tell me the way we fall outta line
Is it today or is it tonight?
We'll find the answer to our life.
So tell me why we have to cry and not try
With there's so many things we can do
To help this troubled world start anew.
- The Answer to Our Life
- We've been through days of thunder
Some people said, "They don't belong."
They tried to pull us under
But here we stand together and we're millions strong.
- Time, look where we are and what we've been through.
- Yes, I will take your hand and walk with you
Yes, I will, it's these three words that promise to
Yes, I will give you everything you need and someday start a family with you.
- Yes I Will
- What makes you different, makes you beautiful
What's there inside you shines through to me
- What Makes You Different (Makes You Beautiful)
- Remember when we never needed each other
The best of friends like sister and brother.
Those days are gone, now I want you so much.
Don't know what to say, never meant to feel this way.
Falling so hard, so fast, this time.
- How Did I Fall in Love with You
Never Gone (2005)
- I've tried to go on like I never knew you
I'm awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I'm going to be is incomplete.
- All the doors are closing, I'm tryin' to move ahead
And deep inside I wish it's me instead
My dreams are empty from the day, the day you slipped away
I just want you to know that I've been fighting to let you go.
- Who are you now?
Are you still the same or did you change somehow?
What do you do at this very moment when I think of you?
And when I'm looking back, how we were young and stupid
Do you remember that?
I still need you, I still care about you
Though everything's been said and done.
- It seems like yesterday when I said, "I do"
And after all this time my heart still burns for you.
Can you see me, here I am
Standing here where I've always been
And when words are not enough
I climb inside your heart and still find
You're my safest place to hide.
- Safest Place to Hide
- Then my heart did time in Siberia
Was waiting for the lie to come true
'Cause it's all so dark and mysterious
When the one you want doesn't want you too
- This is the song for the unloved
This is the music for one last cry
This is the prayer that tomorrow will help me leave the past behind
It's a song for the unloved
- Song for the Unloved
- There no more blindness 'cause when I cry I'm smilin'
You cured me from dyin' and I know with you I'll keep on livin'
You're rushing through me (like water from Heaven)
I feel you movin' through me (like sand in the sea)
And now I feel so alive (I know that there must be something here)
So alive ('cause you're all the air in my atmosphere)
Finally I feel complete 'cause you are rushed over me
- Rush Over Me
- Only one life to live in
We're trying our best to make it through
There's no mistakes just lessons
It's all about what they mean to you
- Movin' On
- Never gone, never far
In my heart is where you are
Always close, everyday
Every step along the way
Even though for now we've got to say goodbye
I know you will be forever in my life
- Never Gone
- I closed the door like so many times, so many times before
Felt like a scene on the cutting room floor
When I let you walk away tonight without a word
I tried to sleep but the clock is stuck on thoughts of you and me
A thousand more regrets unraveling
If you were here right now, I swear I'd tell you this
- I'm a house of cards in a hurricane
A reckless fire in a pouring rain
- Here we are, seven days
And seven nights of empty tries
It's rituals, habitual
But it's never gonna work this time
We're to the point of no return
And along the way the only thing we've learned
Is how to hurt each other
- Something That I Already Know
- When the snow hits your skin
The cold don't last forever
But you'll live it again
If you don't let seasons change
- How fool was I into thinking
I was gonna be alright, okay, fine
So every day I try a little harder to forget her
Lie here convince myself tomorrow will be better
- Trouble Is
- Last night I saw the fireworks
The kind of pain that never hurts
The one you hate to love that's made for you
Another unsuspecting Sunday afternoon.
- Unsuspecting Sunday Afternoon
- There's us, going on about a band
Working out how we play our hands
I lay there dreaming, later all alone in my bed
If I were stupid, maybe careless, so were you
- There's Us
This Is Us (2009)
- In the heart of the night, when it's dark in the lights
I heard the loudest noise, a gunshot on the floor
I looked down and my shirt's turning red
I'm spinning around
- It's known that I'm a liar, often they're blacker than white
Add on my uncandid ego, no one's less humbled than I
But you don't care, you keep sticking around
While I'm acting a clown, you're bigger
- Life should be like a game of cards
You make a mistake, shuffle the deck and start over
It should be just like driving in your car
Get lost and your navigation system gets you closer
- If I Knew Then
- I could be the one, give you all the love
Forget what he has done to you, I'm here now
Open up to me, love will set you free
If ever you believe it, please believe in me
This is us, this is us
This is us, this is us
This is love, this is love
Let the world know, baby, this is us
- This Is Us
- I didn't wanna live without you, I didn't wanna love without you
I used to think I'd die without you, now it's killing me
That we could be undone
You're talking now
And I'm hearin' everything that you say
And I'm holding on is a real phrase
And it's dragging me along to my grave
- Maybe it's all in my head. feel like leaving but I don't really want to
But I feel so misled, a kiss through the phone just won't do, no
'Cause from my point of view, I gotta say
Something 'bout you, so tell me, baby
Somewhere down the road I think you lost it all
Now it's all in my head
- All In My Head
- I'm not a player, I'm not a clown
I won't be a puppet, just hanging around
You need another man to put diamonds on your hands and let you take his car
I found out who you are, I finally figured you out
- Figured You Out
- Let me introduce you to the coolest guy I know (that's me, baby)
You'll go, "Hello, hello." I'm unstoppable, so damn lovable
Even if you think you'll find someone he'll never be just like me
Hello, hello, I am Mr. A
- Mr. A
- The truth is stranger than fiction
When you're a walking contradiction
Look how I go, impeccable flow
Wind in my face, it hardly ever rains
Always on top, I'm comin' up
I'm everything and I am everything
I know it all, don't know a thing
I am changing, still the same
I'm every color, I am evergreen
- Brothers fighting brothers, lovers fighting lovers
People barely caring anymore
Nations hated nations, love is lost in the equation
One world and there's still so many wars
We could use some divine intervention
God, if You're listening
Won't You help us find a solution to all this confusion
- Divine Intervention
- Opposites attract, chemicals react
When I look at you
Deserts need the rain, fires feed the flame
- Forces of Nature
- I wish it was the same, I guess no one's to blame
But I'd do it all again
- I'd Do It All Again
- We can move mountains as five together.
- On why being a solo artist is not his top priority at a soundcheck in Melbourne, Australia. (19 May 2012)
- I think for us to maximize the ability that we have as five to move forward, it wouldn’t be with another group, it would just be on our own. So here we are. It’s the right time.
- On why they postponed Kevin Richardson's return until after NKOTBSB. (19 May 2012) 
- Unfortunately for a lot of people out there, there is a future for the Backstreet Boys, and fortunately for a lot of fans that we have. We have another 17 years in us. There's more music to be made, there's more history, there's more events, there's more moments that we can share with our fans in the future.
- On the Backstreet Boys' future. (June 2010)
- Live life to the fullest for the future is scarce.
- On Millennium liner note. (1999)
- I try to make myself look as normal as possible because I like people to relate to me.
- Teen People, Summer 2000
- Life is full of disappointments, and you got to pick yourself back up, and you got to keep going, and you got to keep believing in yourself.
- "Popstars: Girls Forever" Episode 11. Germany. (October 28, 2010)