Bad Boy Bubby
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bad Boy Bubby is an Australian movie released in 1994, a tragicomedy. It is directed by Rolf De Heer and starred Nicholas Hope.
- Jesus can see everything. He tells me you moved, by Christ, I'll beat you brainless.
- Be still.
Salvation Army Chick
- Lick your tongue, now lick me here.... that prickles...
- I sing this song when I want to be close to my good friend Jesus........
- You still look good, Flo. You always were a good looking broad.
- Hey son, you can call me pop. I'm your pop.
- Yeah yeah alright. Don't go making a big thing of it.
- Hey what's up son, you got a mental condition or something?
- Christ, kid, you're a weirdo!
- Christ Flo, you gotta see the funny side of it, all these years and I never know'd I had a son
- I know you're in there Florence.... I'll be back.....
- Council worker: Oi, piss off out the way mate, I gotta cut this tree down... Hey, you fuckin deaf...You're a queer looking rooster aren't ya? what are ya one of them fuck in' greenies aye, C'mon on, fuck off or I'll cut your prick off.....fuckin idiot...go on, get out of it
- Angel: Here's your bed, and there's your suitcase, and I've put your cat in the freezer, and we can bury that tomorrow, ok?
- How come... cat no gas mask? Don't need one... cats don't breathe.
- You be sexy woman, Flo.
- Come on, cat. Pizza!
- Me be Pop now.
- Be still ya litte cunt! I'll beat ya brainless!
- God be a useless cunt!
- Christ, I beat you brainless.
- You be a sexy woman Flo, I can see right down your dress
- Bubby being left to die... me Pop now!
- Pop get pizza for cat!
- Jesus can see everything I do... and he's going to beat me brainless!
- [upon discovery of dead cat in Bubby's luggage] That be Cat!
- Fuck you, God! Strike me down if you dare! Angel be beautiful. God be a useless cunt!
- Two of those wonderfully fattening chocolate eclairs please, Sam!
- [to traffic cop] Get off of the fuckin' road you greasy bastard! Get off of the fuckin' road you greasy bastard! Get off..." [cop drags Bubby out of car & beats him "I don't like smart cunts!"]
- Bubby is the apprentice Roadie. Band Member: "Yeah Righto. Just don't drop the fucking speaker!"
- "What do you think of your dinner, Mr. Pop?" "Pizza be better than this!"
- Angel: You're rich, you're handsome...... you think it's OK to make fun of people like me...... well, it's just hurtful......"
- You see, no one's going to help you Bubby, because there isn't anybody out there to do it. No one. We're all just complicated arrangements of atoms and subatomic particles — we don't live. But our atoms do move about in such a way as to give us identity and consciousness. We don't die; our atoms just rearrange themselves. There is no God. There can be no God; it's ridiculous to think in terms of a superior being. An inferior being, maybe, because we, we who don't even exist, we arrange our lives with more order and harmony than God ever arranged the earth. We measure; we plot; we create wonderful new things. We are the architects of our own existence. What a lunatic concept to bow down before a God who slaughters millions of innocent children, slowly and agonizingly starves them to death, beats them, tortures them, rejects them. What folly to even think that we should not insult such a God, damn him, think him out of existence. It is our duty to think God out of existence. It is our duty to insult him. Fuck you, God! Strike me down if you dare, you tyrant, you non-existent fraud! It is the duty of all human beings to think God out of existence. Then we have a future. Because then — and only then — do we take full responsibility for who we are. And that's what you must do, Bubby: think God out of existence; take responsibility for who you are.
- Bad Boy Bubby quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- An article on the film from Mondo Digital
- A review of Bad Boy Bubby and the Two Disc Collectors' Edition by DVD Times
- Vertigo Productions - Rolf de Heer's Official Website
- Umbrella Entertainment
- Blue Underground
- Eureka Entertainment
- Bad Boy Bubby Article by James Finlan
- Bad Boy Bubby at the National Film and Sound Archive