Bai Chongxi (白崇禧) (18 March 1893 – 1 December 1966), a Hui, was born in Guilin, Guangxi, China. He became a General in the w:National Revolutionary Army, Chairman of the Chinese Muslim Association, and the Defence Minister of the Republic of China.
|This article about a military figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
|This Taiwan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We must take advantage of the victory in the anti-Japanese War to win our war against the Communist bandits, once for all.
- As quoted in Image, perception, and the making of U.S.-China relations (1998) by Hongshan Li and Zhaohui Hong, p. 268 ISBN 0761811583
- This is because all my time is taken up by the war. You should keep in mind that there are times when the rifle is more important than the pen.
- Bai Chongxi cited in "China’s Muslim General" on Shanghai 1937, 26 February 2013
Quotes about Bai Chongxi
- The tomb of late general Bai Chongxi will form the basis for a Muslim cultural area and Taiwan historical park.
- Hau Lung-pin (2013) cited in "Pai Chung-hsi's tomb to center Taipei cultural park" on Taiwan Today, 8 March 2013.