Bambi II is a 2006 animated direct-to-video film, a followup to the 1942 2001 film Bambi. The story takes place in the middle of the original film, with Bambi's father, the Great Prince of the Forest, dealing with the now motherless Bambi until another doe comes to take his place in spring.
- If we didn't have cowards, we couldn't tell the brave ones that appeared!
- It looks like I scared the
Shadow right out of him!
- Stop! I have never been more humiliated in my life!
- I was coming back in the morning! What’s the anyone can make that jump.
- Where's my Father? Forest on fire you idiots?
- You wanna spar, do ya?
- There I was, out in the meadow. Suddenly, I heard this voice luring me in. "I'm here, I'm here." See? Man's got this stick that can make his voice sound like one of us! But, I'm not way too smart for tell me where they are! So, I crept up on him real quiet. Put me down! Peek me! You idiots!
- (To Bambi about his father)
- I feel for you. Gosh, I really do. It must be hard to have a father that is so ashamed of you, he'd finished talking about me!
- Yeah. Ah, shut up! Aah! Oh, yeah.
- Hey, Bambi, when is the movie starting?
- Oh, good.
- Excuse me, sir. I hope I'm not intruding, but... well, I... I just had to come. Poor little fellow. Too young to be without his mother... Well, if I can be of any help...
- Food so scarce, does can barely feed themselves. Perhaps you could...?
- You are his father. And circumstances being what they are...
- Oh, excellent. After all, who better to raise the young prince than the great Prince himself?
- Then you'll have to pick another apartment now would you?
Great Prince of the Forest
- I think it's best to leave the past in the past. A Prince does not look back. Only ahead.
- I told you to stay nearly the den, when I give you in order! I expect you to--
- Everything must get rest, Bambi. [screams] Some at day, some during the night. [grumbling slightly] Some not at all.
- [yawning & grumbles to Bambi's annoying yack]
- Remind me to never let you eat blossoms before bedtime.
- Huh? What the?! What is it?
- Bambi, you know you should not eat the film strip.
- That's okay. As long as you don't eat it again, I'll let you away with it.
- Uh, roll film!
- Hey, Thumper, is the movie any good?
- Sorry, father!
- Uh, in a few minutes!
- Well, yeah, I think so. I think it'll be good.
- Uh, I'm so nervous. What if I'm not successful in this movie? What if everyone laughs at me? Wh- Oh no!
- Hey! Somebody me be get wait we waiting here. Land sakes! What’s going on in here? I hear that this movie is going to be so dynamatic!
- Will you like the movie, Bambi?
- [First Lines]
- Bambi: Mother! Mother! Moth... [gasps]
- Great Prince: Your mother can't be with you anymore.
- [Bambi has a dream in which he meets his mother]
- Bambi: I miss you so much.
- Bambi's Mother: Shh. There now. It's going to be all right. You'll see.
- Bambi: Why'd you have to go?
- Bambi's Mother: Everything in the forest has its season. Where one thing falls, another grows. Maybe not what was there before, but something new and wonderful all the same.
- Bambi: But I feel so alone.
- Bambi's Mother: I'm always with you. Even when you can't see me, I'm here.
- Thumper: I'm a mountain lion! Raarrgh!
- Bambi: Oh! Ah! I'm a - a bear! [Bambi bleats And screams, meow, whistle]
- Flower: I'm a turtle! Rrrrggh! [Bambi and Thumper look at him oddly] What? Turtles are soooo scary.
- Porcupine: That's the problem with these kids today. No respect. No respect at all. [to The Great Prince] What are you looking at, you big moose?
- Thumper: [after Bambi leaves to spend time with the Great Prince] Aww, Bambi. You never have time for us anymore.
- Faline: Yeah. Isn't it wonderful?
- [Bambi gets into an argument with his dad]
- Great Prince: Bambi, a prince does not... This is it.
- Bambi: That's all you care about, not about me!
- Great Prince: Don't you speak to me like that! Do you hear me?
- Bambi: I WISH MOTHER WAS HERE INSTEAD OF YOU!!! [runs off, upset]
- [Last lines]
- [The Great Prince shows Bambi a beautiful area of the forest]
- Great Prince: This is... This is where I first met your mother.
- Bambi: Really?
- Great Prince: Yes. I was just your age.
- Bambi: What were you like?
- Great Prince: Me? Let me think... Actually, I was a lot like you.
- Flower: Gosh, I hope the groundhog sees his shadow... [yawns] so I can get back to hibernating.
- Bambi: When will I get my antlers?
- Great Prince Won't be long now if you're anything like I was.
- Bambi: Am I?
- Great Prince: One way to fine out worse.
- Thumper: [sing song tone] You're too afraid! You cannot jump! Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah... [Bambi jumps] Nah, nah, nah-- [looks up] AAAH!
- Bambi: Yeow!
- Thumper: [muffled] Yep. You did it.
- Thumper's sisters: Big brother!
- Thumper: Oh, for crying out loud!
- Alexander Gould - Bambi
- Patrick Stewart - The Great Prince of the Forest
- Brendon Baerg - Thumper
- Nicky Jones - Flower
- Andrea Bowen - Faline
- Anthony Ghannam - Ronno
- Cree Summer - Mena
- Keith Ferguson - Friend Owl
- Makenna Cowgill, Emma Rose Lima, and Ariel Winter - Thumper's sisters
- June Foray - Aunt Ena
- Carolyn Hennesy - Bambi's Mother