Bambi II is a 2006 comedy film and the direct-to-video midquel to the animated feature Bambi, the story taking place in the middle of the original film, with the Great Prince of the Forest dealing with the now motherless Bambi.
- Directed by Brian Pimental. Written by Alicia Kirk and Ben Gluck. Based on a story by Brian Pimental.
- If we didn't have cowards, we couldn't tell who the brave ones are.
- I wasn't finished talking about me!
- You callin' me a liar?
- What's the big deal? Anyone can make that jump.
- Where's everybody goin'? Forest on fire?
- AAHH! MOM! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!!!
- You wanna spar, do ya?
- There I was, out in the meadow. Suddenly, I heard this voice luring me in. "I'm here, I'm here." See? Man's got this stick that can make his voice sound like one of us. But, I'm way too smart for that. So, I crept up on him real quiet. Then, bam! I knocked him out with my trusty antlers.
- I think it's best to leave the past in the past. A Prince does not look back. Only ahead.
- Everything must get rest, Bambi. [yawning] Some at night, some during the day. [grumbling slightly] Some not at all.
- [yawning & grumbles to Bambi's annoying yack] Remind me to never let you eat blossoms before bedtime.
- [Bambi has a dream in which he meets his mother]
- Bambi: I miss you so much.
- Bambi's Mother: Shh. There now. It's going to be all right. You'll see.
- Bambi: Why'd you have to go?
- Bambi's Mother: Everything in the forest has its season. Where one thing falls, another grows. Maybe not what was there before, but something new and wonderful all the same.
- Bambi: But I feel so alone.
- Bambi's Mother: I'm always with you. Even when you can't see me, I'm here.
- Thumper: I'm a mountain lion! Raarrgh!
- Bambi: Oh! I'm a - a bear! [bleats]
- Flower: I'm a wolf! Rrrrggh! [Bambi and Thumper look at him oddly] What? Wolves are soooo scary.
- Porcupine: That's the problem with these kids today. No respect. No respect at all. [to The Great Prince] What are you looking at, you big moose?
- Thumper: [after Bambi leaves to spend time with the Great Prince] Aww, Bambi. You never have time for us anymore.
- Faline: Yeah. Isn't it wonderful?
[Bambi gets into an argument with his dad]
- Great Prince: Bambi, a prince does not.
- Bambi: That's all you care about, not about me!
- Great Prince: Don't you talk to me--
- Bambi: I WISH MOM WAS HERE INSTEAD OF YOU!!! [runs off, upset]
- [Last lines]
- [The Great Prince was showing Bambi a beautiful area of the forest]
- Great Prince: This was... This was where I first met your mother.
- Bambi: Really?
- Great Prince: Yes. I was just your age.
- Bambi: What were you like [when you were my age]?
- Great Prince: Me? Well, let me think. Actually, I was a lot like you.
- Flower: Gosh, I hope the groundhog sees his shadow... [yawns] so I can get back to hibernating.
- Bambi: When will I get my antlers?
- Great Prince Won't be long now.
- Thumper: [sing song tone] You're too afraid! You cannot jump! Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah...
- Thumper: Nah, nah, nah-- [looks up] AAAH!
- Bambi: Did I make it?
- Thumper: [muffled] Yep. You did it.
- Thumper's sisters: Big brother!
- Thumper: Oh, for crying out loud!
- Alexander Gould - Bambi
- Patrick Stewart - The Great Prince of the Forest
- Brendon Baerg - Thumper
- Nicky Jones - Flower
- Andrea Bowen - Faline
- Anthony Ghannam - Ronno
- Cree Summer - Mena
- Keith Ferguson - Friend Owl
- Makenna Cowgill, Emma Rose Lima, and Ariel Winter - Thumper's sisters
- Brian Pimental - The Groundhog and Porcupine
- Carolyn Hennesy - Bambi's Mother