Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To have ego means to believe in your own strength. And to also be open to other people's views. It is to be open, not closed. So, yes, my ego is big, but it's also very small in some areas. My ego is responsible for my doing what I do — bad or good.
- Playboy interview (1977), as quoted in No Glass Slipper : Surviving and Conquering Painful Life Experiences (2006), p. 32
- A person who's a bitch would seem to be mean for no reason. I'm not a mean person. Maybe I'm rude without being aware of it — that's possible.
- Playboy interview (1977), as quoted in The Hollywood Book of Extravagance (2007), p. 53
- Why the fuck don't you shut up and just sing?
- Jeremy Lubbock, circa 1985, a few minutes into his first-ever encounter with an exceedingly talkative Streisand, in preparation for The Broadway Album; as quoted in "Jeremy Lubbock: Composer and arranger for stars such as Michael Jackson who had the audacity to tell Barbra Streisand to 'shut up and just sing'," The Times (February 17, 2021), p. 37