Bear in the Big Blue House
Bear in the Big Blue House is an American children's television series created by Mitchell Kriegman and produced by Jim Henson Television for Disney Channel's Playhouse Disney preschool television block. Debuting on October 20, 1997, it aired its last episode on April 28, 2006.
- [repeated opening line] It's you!
- What's that Smell, [gasps] It's You.
- Sometimes, it's kind of hard to stop having fun and take the time to go to the bathroom and use the potty. Yep. The potty. Everybody and every creature has to poop sometime. Birds, bunnies, bugs, even fish too!
- A bear's 3 favorite words are breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Anyway, before you got here, Ojo and I were playing with some water. See? Water. Mm-hmm. I'm so curious. Why is it so wet? And why does everybody drink it? And how come you can see right through it?
- And do you know what I like to do on my birthday? I like to have a nice quiet day relaxing with my friends doing nothing at all.
- Don't ask me why. It's a bear thing.
- You know, I love to do the cha-cha-cha!
- You know, you can look at it if you want.
- Good morning? What's so good about a morning where everyone's talking so loud?
- So what are you saying? Um, you're not going to have time to play anymore?
- But, Bear, what do you do when you're not at home and, um, you have to go to the bathroom. I mean, like, um, when you're in a strange place. How do you let someone know you have to go?
- Oh yeah. Like-like you care.
- Welcome to the Blue House, hello from the small mouse. Things to do, fun for you.
- Howdy from the Big Bear. Want some fun? Here's where.
- Just for you. All is new.
- In our house of blue.
- Lot's of room in our house.
- Catch the moon at our house.
- Kitchen's here. Bathroom's here.
- Attic full of stuff here.
- Pillows full of fluff here. (Whoop-de-doo) Just for you
- In our house of blue
- Together: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to the Big Blue House (x2) Door is open. Come on in. Now you're here, so lets....begin.
- Tutter: Oh, and Bear...
- Bear: Hmm?
- Tutter: Would you mind - awfully, if it's not too much trouble, if you wouldn't mind, Bear... would you please close the door? You know why?
- Bear: Why?
- Tutter: [yelling] IT'S FREEZING!
- Bear: Sorry.
- Tutter: [still yelling] Oh, sorry, sorry sorry. [starts grumbling to himself] A bear for a roommate. Uncle Splutter tried to warn me, but noooo..
- Ojo: How are we going to have Thanksgiving without all the good food?
- Bear: Well, Ojo, I think this might still be the best Thanksgiving ever.
- Ojo: But how, Bear?
- Bear: Because, Ojo, we're all together.
- Bear: Okay then, nighty-night.
- Kids: Huh?
- Tutter: What?
- Ojo: You don't actually think he's just gonna sit there and read, do you?
Doc Hogg: All right, Tutter, let's check it out.
- Doc Hogg: Yeah. There's nothin' more enjoyable than makin' a Big Blue Housecall
- Bear: Thanks a lot, Doc...
- Doc Hogg: I gotta get out to see Little Miss Petunia Skunk.
- Bear: Oh.
- Doc Hogg: Seems she's having a problem with her little stinker. So they "scent" for me. Hee hee. Get it? Skunk. Stink. Scent.
- Bear: Yeah, I get it, Doc.
- Bear: Now look at this. This is the kitchen table. It's the best part of the kitchen.
- Tutter: [talking over as Bear continues] Oh, no, no, no.
- Bear: With this table, you sit an' you can have a whole mess of cooked and buttered string beans.
- Tutter: All wrong, Bear. All wrong.