Bedazzled (2000 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Harold Ramis ; written by Larry Gelbart, Harold Ramis and Peter Tolan, based on the 1967 original by Peter Cook.
- See also:
- Elliot Richards: I think you're hot.
- The Devil: Baby, you've got no idea...
- The Devil: You're so nervous, Elliot.
- Elliot Richards: How do you know my name?
- The Devil: I'm psychic. Plus it's on your name tag.
- The Devil: It's [your soul] like your appendix. You'll never even miss it.
- Elliot: Oh, yeah? If it's so useless, how come you want it so much?
- The Devil: Oh, aren't you the clever one?
- The Devil: Paragraph one states that I, the Devil, a not-for-profit cooperation, with offices in Purgatory, Hell, and Los Angeles, will give you seven wishes to use as you see fit.
- Elliot Richards: Seven? Why not eight?
- The Devil: Why not six? I don't know. Seven just sounds right.
- Elliot: I wish to be the most sensitive man in the world. Oh, wait! I wish I were the most emotionally sensitive man in the world.
- The Devil: Damn. I was hoping you wouldn't catch that. I could've had a lot of fun with that one.
- Elliot Richards: Oh, yeah. You've been a really big help so far.
- The Devil: I know. I've been really naughty, haven't I? Maybe a good spanking's in order?
- Elliot Richards: Is that all you ever think about? Do you think everything is about sex?
- The Devil: No, of course not! I mean, there's greed, gluttony, sloth, anger, vanity, envy...
- [the Devil is reading Allison's diary]
- Elliot Richards: You can't read that, that's private stuff!
- The Devil: You're telling me, listen to this. "Last night was the most incredible night of my life. I never did get any of the guys' names, but I brought them back home and all five of them banged me like a Salvation Army drum".
- Elliot Richards: What?
- The Devil: Kidding.
- Inmate: What are you in for, brother?
- Elliot: Eternity.
- Inmate: Oooh. You must've done some really bad shit.
- Elliot: The worst— I sold my soul.
- Inmate: Well, I hope you got something good for it.
- Elliot: Actually, I got nothing for it.
- Inmate: Sounds like a really bad deal, if you ask me.
- Elliot: [glances over] I'm not asking you.
- Inmate: Doesn't matter. You can't sell your soul. It doesn't really belong to you in the first place. No way, no how.
- Elliot: Is that so? Then who does it belong to?
- Inmate: [looks straight at Elliot] It belongs to God: that universal spirit that animates and binds all things in existence. The Devil's gonna try and confuse you, but that's her gig. In the end, you're gonna see clear to who you are and what you're here to do. Now, you're gonna make some mistakes along the way. Everybody does. But if you just open up your heart, and open up your mind, you'll get it.
- Elliot: Who are you?
- Inmate: Just a friend brother. Just a really good friend.
About Bedazzled (2000 film)
- No, and it's actually really rare that you get completely free rein. You know, normally any character you do, you know, it has its own constraints. Your character earns a certain salary, lives in a certain area, you know, maybe has kids, sends them to school, whatever. But, no, with something like the devil, I mean, really you can go completely berserk.¬
- He's a bit of a computer nerd, and he has no friends. He's a pathetic loser, really. But by the end of the film, he actually says, you've been the best friend I've ever had. It's so sad. All I've done is try to ruin his life, but I've been nice and charming.
- Elizabeth Hurley 
- You've got seven wishes. Choose carefully.
- Brendan Fraser - Elliot Richards / Jefe / "Mary" / Abraham Lincoln
- Elizabeth Hurley - The Devil (Satan)
- Frances O'Connor as Alison Gardner / Nicole Delarusso
- Orlando Jones - Daniel / Dan / Danny / Esteban / Beach Jock / Lamar Garrett / Dr. Ngegitigegitibaba
- Paul Adelstein -Bob / Roberto / Beach Jock / Bob Bob
- Toby Huss - Jerry / Alejandro / Beach Jock / Jerry Turner / Lance
- Miriam Shor - Carol / Penthouse Hostess
- Gabriel Casseus - Elliot's Cellmate
- Brian Doyle-Murray - Priest
- Jeff Doucette - Desk Sergeant
- Aaron Lustig - Synedyne Supervisor
- Rudolf Martin - Raoul
- Julian Firth - John Wilkes Booth