Benny & Joon
Benny & Joon is a 1993 romantic comedy about how two misfits, Sam (Johnny Depp) and Juniper/Joon (Mary Stuart Masterson), find each other and fall in love.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- You know, it seems to me that, I mean, except for being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.
- Oh, oh Benny, hey Benny, thanks for the couch... um Mike made me sleep under the sink.
- Ruthie, do you got any avocados?
- Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese.
- Don't underestimate the mentally ill. We know how to count.
- Having a Boo Radley moment, are we?
- I am serious. I'm always serious. I'm too serious.
- You can't bet a human being!
- Sam: You don't like raisins?
- Joon: Not really.
- Sam: Why?
- Joon: They used to be fat and juicy and now they're twisted. They had their lives stolen. Well, they taste sweet, but really they're just humiliated grapes. I can't say I am a big supporter of the raisin council.
- Sam: Did you see those, those raisins on TV? The ones that sing and dance and stuff?
- Joon: They scare me.
- Sam: Yeah me too
- Joon: It's sick. The commercial people they make them sing and dance so people will eat them.
- Sam: It's a shame about raisins.
- Joon: You're out of your tree.
- Sam: It's not my tree.
- Joon: We have to tell him.
- Benny: What? Tell me what?
- Sam: Uh, Benny, Joon and uh and I are uh... you know.
- Benny: Hi, I'm Benny
- Sam: With an N?
- Benny: Yeah. Two of them. And this is Joon.
- Sam: With an N?
- Joon: One.
- Johnny Depp- Sam
- Mary Stuart Masterson - Juniper 'Joon' Pearl
- Aidan Quinn - Benjamin 'Benny' Pearl
- William H. Macy - Randy Burch
- Julianne Moore - Ruthie
- Oliver Platt - Eric
- CCH Pounder - Dr. Garvey (as C.C.H. Pounder)
- Dan Hedaya - Thomas
- Joe Grifasi - Mike