Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Let him leave his home town and try to invade the United States and beat Bernard Hopkins, a great champion, a legend.
- I've never ducked anyone. Bernard Hopkins has beaten people that nobody else wanted to fight — Winky Wright, Antonio Tarver. I knocked out Felix Trinidad easily, Oscar de la Hoya with a body shot, I had world title 20 defences.
- As quoted in "Hopkins turns up heat on Calzaghe"at BBC News (14 November 2007)
- I am an old man, I just happen to be an old man that can fight.
- I feel in an executioner mood, I am going to punish him and punish him slowly.
- On a scheduled fight with Joe Calzaghe, as quoted in "Hopkins issues chilling warning" (19 February 2008)