Betsy's Wedding is a 1990 American comedy film about a financially-strapped man trying to throw a wedding for one of his daughters and must deal with all manner of advice from friends and family. The plot was inspired by the marriage of Alda's youngest daughter.
- Directed and written by Alan Alda.
- [to Stevie Dee] I'm a cop, and you're... not.
- [romantically] Oh, Oscar... go fuck yourself!
- I could be whatever you need. I could do anything for the woman I love. I believe in saying what you feel. You are the blood in my veins, I would walk through fire for you. I will always be available, I belong to you.
- I'm gonna give you a little advice about life. You follow this and you won't be sorry. "Don't screw with your brains, don't think with your dick." That's from the heart.
- You pushed me through the tent? Through the tent you pushed me?
- Oscar Henner: How could you do that to your husband? I'm your family!
- Gloria Henner: Oh, you're quite the family man. You were cheating on your wife. You're cheating on your brother-in-law. You're probably cheating on this poor secretary underpaid and overscrewed.
- Oscar Henner: I don't wanna hear this. This is ridiculous. I don't have to sit around and listen to that kind of talk.
- Gloria Henner: You're a rat, Oscar. You don't belong in a family, you belong in a pack!
- The wedding picture doesn't always tell the whole story.
- Alan Alda - Eddie Hopper
- Madeline Kahn - Lola Hopper
- Molly Ringwald - Betsy
- Ally Sheedy - Connie
- Joe Pesci - Oscar
- Anthony LaPaglia - Stevie Dee
- Catherine O'Hara - Gloria
- Burt Young - Georgie
- Joey Bishop - Eddie's father
- Dylan Walsh - Jake Lovell
- Larry Block - Barber