Big Fat Liar
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Big Fat Liar is a 2002 American teen comedy film about a boy's school essay that becomes stolen by a Hollywood producer. When he decides to make it into a film, the boy travels to Los Angeles to claim his credit.
Two friends are about to cut one Hollywood big shot down to size.(taglines)
- Yeah, from my backpack, you loser!
- See it? I think I wrote it.
- So you admit you stole my story.
- I think we can confirm here we're dealing with THE MEANEST MAN ALIVE!
- The truth, it's not overrated.
- But you are a liar.
- Grow up Shepherd! This is Hollywood baby. It's a dog-eat-dog town. Worse. We got cats eatin' cats. We got fish munchin' fish. We play by our own rules.
- [After picking up his stuffed monkey while dancing to "Hungry Like the Wolf" by Duran Duran.] Let's dance, Funnybones!
- [After finding out, in his mirror, that his whole body is blue] [screams in horror] OH, MY GO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OD!!!!!!!!
- You can take your personal day in a year or two when you're DEAD!
- You can take it from me, the truth, it's overrated.
- I'm gonna GET YOU, SHEPHERD!
- Hey, where do you think you're going? YOU CANNOT TURN YOUR BACKS ON ME! I'M MARTY WOLF! All right, fine! FINE! YOU'RE ALL FIRED!
- Let's punch a hole in the sky, Grandpa Go, GO, GOOOOH!!! Let's get a tail wind behind this bird, old-timer.
- It's showtime.
Franklin "Frank" Jackson
- I got some R-rated dialogue for you. But I'm a-keep it PG. I'm gonna keep it PG.
- Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Did you just say "Marty Wolf"?
- Know him? I used to drive him. He fired me last year.
- Who's the bad actor now, Wolf?! Those tears were real!
- Tow truck guy: They told me to pick up a little blue car. They didn't say anything about a little blue man!
- The Masher: [repeated line] OH MY GOD!
- Dusty: I told you, Wolf. The only way to make this picture is to have twelve different camera angles with birds flying around. Oh, and by the by, Confucius says, uh...KA-STANG! You're busted!
- Jaleel White: [on the set of Whitaker and Fowl, talking to his co-star, a chicken] Listen, Whitaker, I'm not your sister, I'm not your girlfriend and I'm not your priest. So, if you wanna remain my partner, I got two words for you, shut the heck up! You talk way too much! OK, can we cut? Can we... cause this, this ain't workin' for me at all. What are you, doing, are you fumigating me or something!
- Marty Wolf: Move! Why did you call "cut"? I did not tell you to stop acting, Urkel!
- Jaleel White: Wolf, how many times have I told you NOT to call me Urkel?!! My name is Jaleel White, OK? Urkel was a character I played when I was a child!
- Marty Wolf: Okay, "Jaleel"! What's the problem, huh?
- Jaleel White: You want to know the problem? You wanna know the problem? I'm getting nothing from the chicken, that's the problem. He just sits there with his head all slumped over. I have absolutely no idea what my motivation is!
- Marty Wolf: Okay, well you're a police officer named Fowl.
- Jaleel White: Mmm-hmmm.
- Marty Wolf: Your new partner is a crime fighting chicken named Whitaker. And your motivation is a nice fat pay check that's keeping you from working at the drive-thru window at McDonalds!
- Jaleel White: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa! Watch yourself, Wolf, watch yourself!
- Marty Wolf: No, you watch yourself, pal! You're just lucky I'm not making you wear the freaky glasses and suspenders.
- Kaylee: What's with the Cokes?
- Jason Shepherd: The machine! It's rigged! They're free! Haha, they're free!
- Jason Shepherd: As much as I wanted to write my paper, I mean I really really wanted to write my paper I couldn't and it's because I spent all last night in Greenbury General Emergancy room. See, my mom made Swedish meatballs for dinner. It'd my dad's favorite and he was so excited he accidently swallowed one whole. It was awful. He started choking, his face turned purple.The meatball was litterly bulging out of his neck. We rushed to the ER. I kept trying to write my paper in the waiting room but it was too hard. I needed to be by my father's side. After all he's the only dad I got.
- Mrs. Phyllis Caldwell: You are lying through your teeth, you little demon.
- Kaylee: I want to see a broken man people. I mean broken as in 'I hit a baseball through the window' broken. I want you to turn him into mince meat, and I don't even know what mince meat is! I want him to cry for his mommy! Wah!, Wah! mommy, mommy, mommy! Do you read me 'cause I don't think you read me?
- Jason Shepherd: I think they read you.
- Kaylee: Fair enough.
- Marty Wolf: Let go of the monkey.
- Jason Shepherd: Call my Dad.
- Marty Wolf: Never.
- Jason Shepherd: Yes.
- Marty Wolf: NOOO!!! Ah! That's it, kid! It's over! You lose, and I win!
- Jason Shepherd: I don't think so, Wolf.
- Marty Wolf: Oh, you don't think so? Come on, Jason. You're smarter than that. You write a story, I steal it, and now I'm about to start shooting the greatest movie of my career.
- Jason Shepherd: So you admit you stole my story?
- Marty Wolf: We've been over this. It's ancient history. Yeah, I stole your story, whoop-de-doodle-do! You happy now? I STOLE JASON SHEPHERD'S PAPER AND TURNED IT INTO BIG FAT LIAR! You know who's listening, pal, hmm? No one. And they never will. So for the last time, give it up, because I will never, ever, ever, like never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, infinity, tell the truth. [blows raspberry]
- Jason Shepherd: Because the truth's overrated, right?
- Marty Wolf: That's right!
- Director: And cut!
- The truth is never overrated.
- Big Fat Liar is an extremely funny comedy, filled with nonstop action and hilarious pranks.
- Two friends are about to cut one Hollywood big shot down to size.
- Frankie Muniz as Jason Shepherd
- Paul Giamatti as Marty Wolf
- Amanda Bynes as Kaylee
- Donald Faison as Frank Jackson
- Russell Hornsby as Marcus "Marc" Duncan
- Amanda Detmer as Monty Kirkham
- Michael Bryan French and Christine Tucci as Harry and Carol Shepherd
- Sandra Oh as Ms. Phyllis Caldwell
- Alex Breckenridge as Janie Shepherd
- Rebecca Corry as Astrid Barker
- Jaleel White as Himself
- Lee Majors as Vince
- Sean O'Bryan as Leo
- Amy Hill as Jocelyn Davis
- John Cho as Dusty Wong
- Taran Killam as Bret Callaway
- Jake Minor as Aaron
- Kyle Swann as Brett
- Sparkle as Grandma Pearl
- Chris Ott as Shandra Duncan
- Kenan Thompson, Dustin Diamond, Shawn Levy, Corinne Reilly, and Bart Myer as Wolf party guests
- Brian Turk as The Masher
- John Gatins as George
- Don Yesso as Rocko Malone