Big House Bunny
Big House Bunny is a 1950 Looney Tunes Bugs Bunny cartoon, released in 1950 and directed by Friz Freleng. In the short, Sing Song guard (Yosemite) Sam Shultz mistakes Bugs for a prisoner when he tunnels up inside the jail.
This cartoon was featured in the Bugs Bunny Mystery Special.
- Bugs Bunny: [after being beaten up by Sam] Eh, what's up, Doc?
- Yosemite Sam Schultz: Trying to pull a escape, 777174, eh?
- Bugs Bunny: Oh, you're mistaken, Mac. You see, I'm not 777174. I'm only three and a half.
- Yosemite Sam Schultz: Three and a half? Okay, so you're three and a half.
- [The scene cut to Bugs, cracking rocks and wearing a prisoner uniform with the number 3½]
- Bugs Bunny: Eh, my mother told me there'd be days like this.
- Yosemite Sam Schultz: [laughs sadistically] You'll do 50 years, or my name ain't Sam Schultz!
- Warden: SCHULTZ!! Just what is the meaning of this?! [next scene, off-screen] I won't stand for anymore of your nonsense! Now, get out! Out! [Sam leaves]
- Yosemite Sam Schultz: [mutters] I hate him!
- [Next scene, Bugs is walking around with a carrot before Yosemite Sam chases him around the prison. Bugs goes up the stairs and presses the switch on the elevator and goes down while being followed by Sam]
- Yosemite Sam Schultz: Come back here, you muley-headed maverick! [presses the switch, but ends up getting hanged by a rope. He rants about this failure]
- Warden: [through intercom] Schultz! OFFICE!!
- Warden: Yes? [Sam bonks him in the head with a bat, a lump comes up and Sam bats it back down.] [next scene, off-screen] I've had all the tomfoolery I'm gonna take from you! Quiet! One more slip, you strudel-brained bonehead, and you'll be looking for another job! Now, get out! OUT! [Sam leaves with purple eyes, having had enough]
- Yosemite Sam Schultz: He's gone! He's gone! I'm rid of 'im! [celebrates until...]
- Warden: [enraged through intercom] SCHULTZ!!! OFFICE!!!!!
- Yosemite Sam Schultz: Oh, no...
- [Sometime later, Sam wears a prisoner uniform.]
- Yosemite Sam Schultz: I'd like to know what dirty stool pigeon squealed on me.
- [Bugs, standing on a stool nearby, twitches his eyebrows at the audience and makes pigeon sounds.]