Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article about a sports figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I don't think there's anything guaranteed 100% in life. I want to have discussions for sure and there's lots of talking to be done. I'm not saying I don't want to be Derby manager, I'm saying that I don't think in life anything is 100% guaranteed. Now we'll sit down, have a chat and see what happens. I'm not prepared to discuss it at the moment and I'm not prepared to go into specifics. I've never said I'm leaving but it was always my intention to get to the end of the season and have a discussion.
- May 2007, http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/north-east-football/2007/05/29/derby-county-1-west-brom-0-79310-19213006/
- Billy made these remarks shortly after gaining promotion to the Premiership with Derby County
- But I am very confident that David Pleat, the director of football or whatever his title is now days – I am very confident that he, with all his media commitments around the world, knows the market place.
- Feb 2009, http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Davies-Forest-sign-players/article-715858-detail/article.html
- This quote is almost certainly tongue-in-cheek, since Davies does not have a good relationship with Pleat.
- The situation is clear. I trust in my ability, I trust in what I do and, if people put their trust in me, I will deliver for them.
- If he's happy to sit on an electric chair and tell a truth or a lie then I'm happy to sit on an electric chair and we'll see what the outcome is, because I've got no doubt in my mind what happened.
- Jan 2010, http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/31/nigel-clough-billy-davies-assault-allegation
- Billy seems to be using the expression "electric chair" when he means a lie detector.
- Under no circumstances will any supporter try to tell me what I should do. That is why I have the track record that I have got.
- Feb 2010, http://www.thisisnottinghamforest.co.uk/news/Forest-boss-Davies-stand-record/article-1832938-detail/article.html
- A response to Forest supporters who booed when he made a substitution at Doncaster Rovers
- We have to bring in quality, to give us the quantity we need.
- BD looks to the loan market after Earnshaw's injury and a winless start to the season.