Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is a 2022 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character, Black Panther. It is the sequel to 2018's Black Panther and the 30th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). In the film, the leaders of Wakanda fight to protect their nation in the wake of King T'Challa's death.
- [at her lab, to Queen Ramonda] I wasn't trying to save the mantle with the herb. I was trying to save my brother.
- Vengeance has consumed us. We cannot let it consume our people.
- A Spanish man of faith cursed me as he died by my hand. He called me, el niño sin amor. The child without love. And I took my name from there. Namor. Because I have no love for the surface world.
- My ancestors would often say only the most broken people can be great leaders.
- [after striking Ramonda and Riri with Hydrobombs] She did this! In one week's time, I will return with my entire army, and you will join us against the surface world, or I will wash Wakanda from the face of the Earth!
- Bury your dead. Mourn your losses. [points at Shuri] You are queen now.
Riri Williams / Ironheart
- To be young, gifted, and black though, right? They probably don't say that in Wakanda.
Queen Mother Ramonda
- [after revealing France was responsible for an attack on a Wakandan Outreach Center] Let our gracious response to this incursion be an olive branch. Further attempts on our resources will be considered an act of aggression and met with a much steeper response. We mourn the loss of our king. But do not think for a second that Wakanda has lost her ability to protect our resources. We are aware of the ongoing efforts by some to find vibranium outside of Wakanda and wish you the best of luck.
- [to Nakia in Haiti] You were missed at T'Challa's funeral.
- Now is our time to strike. Show them who we are.
- [A group of mercenaries attack a Wakanda Outreach Center in Mali, but are neutralized by the Dora Milaje, who have been waiting for them]
- Okoye: [after seeing Aneka use daggers] Where is your spear?
- Aneka: Shuri gave me these to try. You know, I like them better.
- Okoye: Our foremothers gave us a spear because it is precise, elegant and deadly. It will not change under my watch.
- Aneka: Yes, General.
- Ayo: [to Aneka] I told you not to bring them.
[at the coast of Wakanda, Shuri and Queen Mother Ramonda try to burn their funeral dresses and remember T'Challa, but notice a man rise out of the water]
- Queen Mother Ramonda: Who are you? And how did you get in here?
- Man: This place is amazing. The air is pristine, and the water... My mother told me stories about a place like this, a protected land with people who never have to leave, who never have to change who they were. What reason do you have to reveal your secret to the world?
- Ramonda: I am not a woman who enjoys repeating herself! Who are you?
- Man: My people call me "K'uk'ulkan." But my enemies call me Namor.
- M'Baku: If my soldiers were present, this fish man would be bound before us as we speak…
- Okoye: If your muscle brains were present, they would still be there choking on their fuzzy adornments.
- [Okoya and Shuri have cornered Riri at her MIT dorm]
- Okoye: You have two choices. You can come to Wakanda conscious or unconscious.
- Riri Williams: You need to be conscious of the way that you look. Walking around all in here with that ash on your head.
- [Queen Mother Ramonda and the Wakanda Elders are taking Okoye to task over the mission to get Riri Williams, but has resulted in Namor's troops kidnapping Shuri and Riri.]
- Okoye: They wear blue, and they had superhuman strength. And they came from the water on the back of whales. I struck down three of them with blows that should've killed them, but they rose again. I wish to leave immediately to retrieve our princess.
- Queen Mother Ramonda: Okoye, you will be stripped of your rank as general of Wakanda's armies and your status as Dora Milaje.
- Okoye: [in Xhosa] Permission to speak, my queen?
- Ramonda: You may.
- Okoye: [in Xhosa] I beg of you. [in English, teary-eyed] I have given everything. Let me die serving my country and that throne. [kneels, in Xhosa] I'm asking you, mother. [in English] Allow me to make this right!
- Ramonda: Make it right? I don't know if my daughter is alive or dead.
- Border Tribe Elder: Perhaps we are being too hasty. She raised a spear against her own husband for Wakanda.
- Ramonda: Where is her treacherous husband now but in a place where she can visit if she wished? Mine is with the ancestors. I am Queen of the most powerful nation in the world, and my entire family is gone! Have I not given everything?! On your feet, General. [Okoye stands] I stood by you after Killmonger took the throne and you and the Elders in this room stood by him, while I ran begging to the Jabari for protection. And I warned you about taking my daughter on this mission and you lost her. So today, I am done. [Okoye thrusts down her spear and leaves the throne room]
- Erik Killmonger: How many people like your scientist did Wakanda protect before I took the throne? Cowards. That was the Panthers that came before me. And before T'Challa.
- Shuri: Don't mention my brother. You're the reason why he's dead. You burnt the Herb, left us with no protector. Then Namor struck and killed my mother. Their blood is on your hands.
- Erik Killmonger: That ain't on me. And don't you dare take that away from your mother. She sacrificed her life to protect a young girl from the lost tribe. Your father? He was a hypocrite. He would've killed that girl. Shit, he killed his own brother. T'Challa was too noble. He let the man who murdered your father live. And here you stand. Are you gonna be noble like your brother or take care of business like me?
- M'Baku: If Namor is indeed a god to his people, killing him will risk eternal war.
- Shuri: Was my mother's life not worth eternal war?
- M'Baku: Of course it was. Of course she was. But it is not what she would have wanted for you. And it is not what I want for my people.
- Shuri: You speak of my mother as if she's still here. Of what she would've wanted for me. Her hopes and her dreams. But she's dead. She's gone! Namor drowned her, right in front of me! So, her dreams, her goals, her hopes for me, it doesn't exist. It doesn't matter anymore. What matters is what I want and what I want is Namor dead! And you're going to help me get it.
- Letitia Wright — Shuri / Black Panther
- Lupita Nyong'o — Nakia
- Danai Gurira — Okoye / Midnight Angel
- Winston Duke — M'Baku
- Dominique Thorne — Riri Williams / Ironheart
- Florence Kasumba — Ayo
- Michaela Coel — Aneka / Midnight Angel
- Tenoch Huerta Mejía — Namor
- Martin Freeman — Everett K. Ross
- Angela Bassett — Ramonda