- Nick: Just hope they got a Nip in this building who speaks fucking English.
- Matsumoto: [overhearing] Assistant Inspector Matsumoto Masahiro, Criminal Investigation section, Osaka Perfecture police. And I do speak fucking English.
- Matsumoto: "Perhaps you should think less of yourself and more of your group. Try to work like in Japanese. I grew up with your soldiers; you were wise then. Now - music and movies are all America is good for. We make the machines, we build the future, we won the peace.
- Nick: "And if there was ONE of you guys who had an original idea, you'd be so tight that you couldn't even pull it out of your ass!"
- Nick: Sometimes, you just got to go for it.
- Nick: If you pull it, you better use it.
- Nick: A couple of guys I used to work with in the department took some money from some drug dealers. No big deal.
- Matsumoto: They stole?
- Nick: They liberated funds.
- Matsumoto: Theft is theft. There is no gray area.
- Nick: Hey, Matsu. New York is one big gray area.
- Nick: I usually get kissed before I get fucked.
- Nick: One good hand job deserves another.
- Nick: Now, you got a counterfeiting ring going on and you should talk to your partner before you go to the suits. So fuck you very much!
- Sugai: I was 10 when the B-29 came. My family lived underground for three days. We when came up, they city was gone. Then the heat brought rain. Black rain. You made the rain black, and shoved your values down our throats. We forgot who we were. You created Sato and thousands like him. I'm paying you back.
- Joyce: Because you could get me killed. You see, there's a war going on here, and they don't take prisoners.
- Nick: What are you talking about?
- Joyce: It's between Sato and an old crime boss named Sugai.
- Nick: Who else knows about this war?
- Joyce: Counting you and me?
- Joyce: Eleven million.