Blind Date (1987 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Do you recognize me? I used to be a respectable citizen. I had a good job and a promising future. I made only one mistake - I went on a blind date. ...Anyone got $10,000 for bail?" taglines
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I just have this chemical imbalance almost like an allergy to alcohol. It just makes me crazy!
- Nadia Gates: [inspects painting] Oh! This looks Japanese. "Master and Concubines"?
- Walter Davis: It's Yakamoto!
- Nadia Gates: What is?
- Walter Davis: No, no, the reason for this big business dinner tonight is this Japanese industrialist new client of ours. He's old world Japanese and he's got a wife that's more like a slave and he keeps concubines!
- Nadia Gates: You gotta be kidding me.
- Walter Davis: No, no, his wife knows all about it. It's "traditional" or something.
- Nadia Gates: Tell me something, Walter: Are you into those kind of "traditions"? [chuckles]
- Walter Davis: No, I'm actually a one-concubine kind of guy.
- Harry Gruen: Do I have to say the words, Walter?
- Walter Davis: I am fired?
- Harry Gruen: I only wish this was the army. So that I could have you shot... Twice!
- Nadia Gates: Walter if you will just drop me off at a hotel...
- Walter Davis: [cuts off Nadia] What? and bring an end to this glorious evening?
- Nadia Gates: [about David's marriage proposal] I don't like you. I certainly do not love you. Do we have to have sex?
- David Bedford: Oh yes...
- Nadia Gates: Okay but no kissing.
- David Bedford: I swear on my mother's grave.
- Judge Harold Bedford: Your mother is playing the back 9 at Bellaire.
- David Bedford: I was speaking in the future tense.
- Judge Harold Bedford: I heard you were represented by counsel.
- Lawyer: Sorry I'm late
- Judge Bedford: Uh Mr. Davis would you mind explaining this?
- Lawyer: I would not mind explaining this For Mr. Davis Your honor.
- Judge Bedford: I was speaking to Mr. Davis.
- Walter: Please don't let this man help me.
- Judge Bedford: Order in the court. [accidentally breaks his Gavel which ends up in the stenographer's space]
- Stenographer: Uh?
- Judge Bedford: Mr. Davis one more outburst and I'll hold you in contempt.
- Stenographer: I'm alright.
- Judge Bedford: Stop!
- Judge Bedford: Twenty minute recess [clears the courtroom]
- "Do you recognize me? I used to be a respectable citizen. I had a good job and a promising future. I made only one mistake - I went on a blind date. ...Anyone got $10,000 for bail?"
- A date with her is every man's dream come true. And with dreams like her - who needs nightmares?
- Bruce Willis - Walter Davis
- Kim Basinger - Nadia Gates
- John Larroquette - David Bedford
- William Daniels - Judge Harold Bedford
- George Coe - Harry Gruen
- Mark Blum - Denny Gordon
- Phil Hartman - Ted Davis
- Stephanie Faracy - Susie Davis
- Alice Hirson - Muriel Bedford
- Stanley Jordan - himself
- Graham Stark - Jordan the Butler
- Joyce Van Patten - Nadia's Mother
- Barry Sobel - Gas Station Attendant
- Armin Shimerman - French Waiter
- Brian George - Maitre d'
- Dick Durock - Bouncer
- Sab Shimono - Mr. Yakamoto
- Momo Yashima - Mrs. Yakamoto
- Herb Tanney - Minister
- Nicholas Rue - Background Creep