Blue Bloods (2010–) is an American television show, airing on CBS, about a New York City Police Commissioner's family and the situations that they face on a regular basis.
- Sgt. Renzulli: Hey, college boy, tell your brother the first rule of riding in my car.
- Danny: Jamie, tell your boss I know Brooklyn better than a Manhattan cop.
- Jamie: This is me keeping my mouth shut.
- Erin: If anyone's going to punch my ex out it's going to be me.
- Frank: I wouldn't mind being there to see that.
- Renzulli: Lots of cops burn themselves out running down every half assed lead like it's the French Connection but never learning the secret to being a good cop.
- Jamie: What's that, extra mayo?
- Renzulli: I make the jokes around here, rookie.
- Jamie: All right.
- Renzulli: I'm talking about the art of doing nothing.
- Jamie: Amazing you don't have your own command by now.
- Renzulli: I'm serious. NYPD have spent millions of dollars of hours and manpower setting up stings and takedowns, but if they just taught more cops the art of observing
- Jamie: For what, nannies and skateboarders?
- Renzulli: Well, for instance, that yupster over there. The Mandles, 11 o'clock. What do you think he's doing?
- Jamie: He's reading the newspaper.
- Renzulli: No. That's what he wants his wife to think. What he's really doing is checking out those blondes doing tai chi.
- Jamie: We can arrest him for having impure thoughts.
- Renzulli: Okay, wise ass. See that?
- Jamie: What?
- Renzulli: The guy in the suit. Look at him. See him touching his hip like he's looking for something?
- Jamie: Checking his wallet.
- Renzulli: You wear your wallet on your hip? Huh? Guy's got a gun, Reagan.
- Jamie: He does? Well, let's go toss him.
- Renzulli: No.
- Jamie: Why not? What, a gun collar? You crazy? Why not?
- Renzulli: Because he's a cop, Reagan. Mike Respoli, works out of the 2-5. Plays on my softball team, center field. Okay, so I knew, but you didn't.
- Danny: Where you going? Come here.
- Vincent: Are you arresting me? What did I do?
- Danny: Shut up. Hands in front.
- Vincent: I didn't do anything.
- Danny: That why you jumped out a window? Your car was at the scene of a rape last night.
- Vincent: Rape? I didn't rape anybody. I was at the Yankee game.
- Danny: Good, we'll get Jeter on the horn and find out.
- Danny: I'm really liking the diplomat's kid for this.
- Gormley: Well, right now your case is weaker than the Mets bullpen.
- Danny: What do you mean?
- Gormley: You got a parking sticker on a car, you got a rough sketch and you got a suspect with diplomatic immunity, which, as you know, is absolute.
- Danny: It's not my fault I can't talk to the kid.
- Gormley: Gotta take it up with 1 PP. They just called down. The commissioner has this.
- Danny: Look, if I can get in this kid's apartment.
- Gormley: The commissioner has this.
Officer Down [1.04]
- Frank: I think you're stuck with the role of bad cop.
- Erin: Which is ironic since I'm the only one in the family who isn't.
What You See [1.05]
- Jack: Can we have cotton candy?
- Linda: We'll see
- Jack: We'll see like yes or we'll see like no?
- Linda: We'll see like we'll see.
Smack Attack [1.06]
- Danny: [walks into Allison's hospital room, sees her crying] What's going on here?
- Jamie: She was asking what happened to her boyfriend, I didn't know what to tell her.
- Danny: So you told her?
- Jamie: I didn't know what to say...
- Danny: [Annoyed] Wait outside.
- Danny: [walks out of Allison's hospital room] Nice work kid, our only witness and you gotta turn on the waterworks?
- Jamie: [ashamed] I'm sorry Danny.
- Danny: [glares at him for a second, then loosens up] It's fine. She would have found out eventually anyway. Sometimes you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. I heard about what you did, saving her life. Good job kid.
- Danny: Glad you stopped by. I've been meaning to give you these since I heard you got assigned the the twelfth.
- Jamie: What is it?
- Danny: Hold on. I'm going to show you. [goes to locker] You can always use an extra pair of collar brass.
- Jamie: Thanks Danny.
- Danny: On the other hand, you wanna carry something useful? You ever seen a slapper before? Nothing better in close quarters, take it.
- Jamie: Where did you even get a thing like that?
- Danny: See right there [points to initials]
- Jamie: Are those grandpa's?
- Danny: You didn't think all those things were mine, did you?
- Jamie: Thanks, but no thanks. [hands Danny the item back]
- Danny: Suit yourself. Just keep in mind Bambi, you're not in Cambridge anymore.
- Danny: [Family dinner] Thank you for the blackjack grandpa, and thank you for not using it little brother. It came in very handy.
- Jamie: I just hope it doesn't get you another IA investigation.
- Danny: What did you say?
- Jamie: You heard me.
- Danny: No I didn't hear you, say it again.
- Sydney: Jamie, he's just trying to get a rise out of you.
- Jamie: Yeah well, he got one.
- Danny: Yeah listen to your girlfriend, Jamie. Take it easy.
- Jamie: Well, I will Danny, when you get off my back, okay?
- Danny: Hey, I'm not on your back.
- Jamie: You've been riding me ever since I got out of the academy.
- Danny: You know, when I start riding you, you'll know about it.
- Linda: Easy, kids.
- Danny: [Jamie gets up] Where you going? Hey, sit down.
- Jamie: If you want to talk to me, I'm going outside, okay?
- Danny: Where you going? Sit down.
- Jamie: If you wanna talk about it...
- Danny: Sit down, Harvard.
- [Jamie leaves]
- Danny: [sighs] I'll go talk to him.
- Frank: No, I'll talk to him.
- Danny: Hey, you okay?
- Jamie: Yeah, I'm fine.
- Danny: Have you given your statement to anybody?
- Jamie: Yeah, I talked to uh I talked to this guy. [Points at another detective]
- Danny: Jack, he says he gave his statement to this guy over here. [Points her in the other detective's direction, then turns to Jamie] What happened?
- Jamie: Well, you know the uh, the triad, they kidnap illegal immigrants to try and squeeze money out of their families in China right?
- Danny: Yeah yeah it's one of their many upstanding activities, why, what happened?
- Jamie: I think that's what I saw. Two suspects had guns, but when I searched the guy, he didn't have it.
- Danny: Are you sure they had guns?
- Jamie: Yeah yeah he had it, he must have tossed it.
- Danny: A gun's not going to last long on the streets of Chinatown, kid, what else?
- Jamie: There was one other woman, a Chinese woman, she saw the whole thing, perp pushed her up against the wall, she might have had lacerations on her forehead.
- Danny: I've gotta find two Asian women in Chinatown? Now what were you doing down here anyway, you're off duty?
- Jamie: Just walking around, blowing off some steam after my tour.
- Danny: Look, Internal Affairs is going to be up all over you, they're going to want to speak to witnesses, going to know who you were talking to, what you were doing.
- Jamie: I got it, I got it.
- Danny: Right, get your story straight.
- Jamie: All right.
- Danny: [Nods] I'm glad you're all right. [pats Jamie on the cheek]
- Jackie: What's this LuckyStabyKnife.com?
- Hugh: It's my website. It's not a crime. It's ironic.
- Jackie: Or moronic.
- Renzuli: That's not bad, Harvard. A real Dr. Phil moment.
After Hours [1.10]
- Jackie: You enjoying yourself, Reagan?
- Danny: How could I not be? Come on. We just took a statement from a six-four transsexual escort who thinks her Labradoodle was dognapped by her shrink. How can I not be having fun right now?
- Danny: This is the New York that I love. The one you never see on a postcard.
- Jackie: Now there's an untapped market: tranny hooker postcards.
- Nicky: [reading from a fortune cookie] "A mysterious stranger is on his way."
- Erin: No, he's not.
- Nicky: Yes, he is.
- Frank: Your grandpa has 36,000 armed men at his disposal, he's not.
Little Fish [1.11]
- Jackie: Well, listen, here's what we're gonna do; We're gonna figure out who did this, and we're gonna string him up by his family jewels. It's not gonna bring her back, but it's gonna make you feel better.
- Frank: Nothing undermines our way of life more than the taking of it.
- Frank: If it moves you duct-tape it. If it squeaks you WD40 it. If it's stuck you hit it with a hammer.
- Henry: It's the losses that keep you up at night.
Family Ties [1.12]
- Frank: (speaking to Danny and Jackie about the car bomb and its ties to the Russian mob) I want Grushenko for this. They say his people have a code of silence. What they really have is a code of betrayal. That's how we got the brigades the first time and that's how we'll finish them now.
- Chief Winston: Yes, sir.
- Frank: No one's turning my city into Baghdad.
Hall of Mirrors [1.13]
- Clerk: We use that for our accounting.
- Danny: Well, Best Buy's having a sale. Get yourself a new one.
My Funny Valentine [1.14]
- Jack: What's a greeting card?
- Linda: That's something people used to send before e-cards, Honey.
- Renzulli: But Valentine's Day. That's when I go all out, Kid.
- Jamie: What's all out for you Sarge? Two for one Mondays at The Pig & Whistle?
- Danny: The good son, huh?
- Kevin: There's one in every Irish family.
- Danny: True.
- Jamie: Who sings that?
- Renzulli: It's the Red Hot Sushi.
- Jamie: Let's keep it that way.
Age of Innocence [1.16]
- Jackie: So if you're single and unhappy at work you're a suspect for murder.
- Danny: So the Dad kills Betsy and lets the son take the fall for it.
- Jackie: I believe that. The way the guy was looking at me, he's a predator for sure.
- Jackie: This guy's going to miss his maid in Rikers.
- Danny: He may end up being somebody's maid in Rikers.
- Danny: I swear if I have to look at one more businessman with a wheelie getting off an elevator I'm going to eat my gun.
- Jackie: Shoot me first, please. It'd be a mercy killing.
Silver Star [1.17]
- Mayor: I can't speak for you.
- Frank: Recent history suggests otherwise.
- Ray: Drink, Commissioner?
- Frank: Love one Ray but if I did I'd have to read about being a candidate for Betty Ford in your next column, so no.
To Tell the Truth [1.18]
- Frank: Family is what makes us strong.
- Erin: Because once he finds out you can't help him anymore, he's going to trade you in like a used car.
Model Behavior [1.19]
- Linda: All she sees is that I still wear the scarlet letter of New York City. The dreaded 718 Staten Island area code.
- Frank: Everything has a cost, even the truth. But the reward for truth is a clear eye and a clear conscience.
All That Glitters [1.20]
- Jackie: Do you Reagans ever take a day off?
- Danny: Not if we can help it.
Cellar Boy [1.21]
- Frank: Happy families are alike. Unhappy families are unhappy in their own way.
- Nicky: Who said that?
- Frank: Other than me? Tolstoy.
- Nicky: Well, I'm glad I was born into this family.
- Erin: Luck of the draw, Sweetie.
The Blue Templar [1.22]
- Frank: Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid. :Henry: Raymond Chandler?
- Frank: (nods) His definition of a hero.
- Frank: We all die son, it's just a question of when.
- Erin: This is like a movie set.
- Jackie: Like Gidget goes to hell.
- Frank: It's a hell of a lot easier to put yourself in harm's way than to ask others to do so. At least for me anyway.
Friendly Fire [2.02]
- Danny: You've got nothing to feel guilty about.
- Frank: What makes you think I feel guilty?
- Danny: Because you've got a hero from Ziggy's in that bag with my name on it.
- Frank: I don't like pandering on my best day.
Critical Condition [2.03]
- Danny: Never date a girl with a gun.
- Sean: Who is John Wayne?
- Frank: That's sad.
- Frank: She had a very convincing closing argument.
- Erin: It must run in the family.
- Danny: After this week there's not a person at this table who thinks they could ever be too overprotective.
A Night on the Town [2.05]
- Franl: If a month comes and you can make rent or the car payment but not both, make the car payment because you can always sleep in your car but you can't drive your house.
- Frank: You won't be poor exactly but you'll be paying for everything that used to come free so you'll feel strapped.
Black and Blue [2.06]
- Danny: Look at how fast your hearts pumping. I think you might be our grand prize winner.
- Erin: Since he was found in possession of four kilos of heroin and enough cocaine to levitate Manhattan, I think a guilty plea will settle things nicely.
Lonely Hearts Club [2.07]
- Danny: Single guys love a girl that can cook you know.
- Jackie: I use my oven as a dresser.
- Danny: Great News. Our only witness is a towel.
- Jacob: I am innocent.
- Erin: I am an assistant district attorney for the city of New York. Do you know how many times a day I hear those three words.
- Henry: Now that is some big bird.
- Linda: I think it weighs more than Sean.
- Erin: I guess I owe you an apology.
- Frank: Or at least a good bottle of Scotch.
- Danny: Be like being rookies all over again.
- Frank: Better not. It ain't rookie duty.
Whistle Blower [2.10]
- Jackie: Maybe I can bring this rat over to my ex-husband's house.
- Danny: Is he that bad?
- Jackie: Yeah, he actually is.
- Danny: Was it bring your sister to work day and nobody told me?
The Uniform [2.11]
- Jamie: I never thought I was going to get rich being a cop. Even a Harvard graduate could figure that out.
- Danny: So your uncle got that gun for protection, huh? What was he expecting, an army?
The Job [2.12]
- Danny: The biggest mistake we can make is to pretend that my gun does not exist in this house.
- Danny: It's Staten Island, we're not exactly known for turning the other cheek.
Leap of Faith [2.13]
- Frank: My mother was a saint. My wife was a saint especially by the time she was chasing four kids under ten around the house.
- Frank: The only thing harder than being a cop is being married to one.
- Jackie: You guys get together every week to eat and fight. You sure you're not Italian?
- Danny: Nope Irish. We just drink a little more.
- Danny: Somebody should protest the Mets calling themselves a professional sports team.
The Life We Chose [2.15]
- Frank: Courage is not the absence of fear it is the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
- Jamie: Law of the Reagan jungle, Jack. Protect your food at all times.
Women with Guns [2.16]
- Jackie: The bedroom's right out of Better Homes and Bunkers.
- Frank: If you got hurt on my watch, in my city, I'd never forgive myself.
Reagan vs. Reagan [2.17]
- Danny: I feel like I look like my sister's creepy ex-husband.
- Erin: Dragging my personal life into opening statements isn't personal?
No Questions Asked [2.18]
- Frank: Then what are we waiting for?
- Garrett: Your happy face?
- Frank: This isn't going to work.
- Garrett: What, you don't like the beard?
Some Kind of Hero [2.19]
- Garrett: Care to share?
- Frank: I'm not good at that.
- Jamie: Have you ever eaten anything that's actually good for you.
- Renzulli: Do Cocoa Puffs count?
Working Girls [2.20]
- Erin: Thank you for coming, Sophia.
- Sophia: The police didn't give me much choice.
- Frank: She'd be twice the DMO Glaser was.
- Garrett: Yeah, so would a house plant.
Collateral Damage [2.21]
- Danny: Gangster justice is very efficient and it saves on tax payer dollars.
- Frank: A smart cop can find room between a rock and a hard place.
Mother's Day [2.22]
- Frank: You're late.
- Garrett: It's Saturday. Technically I'm a day and a half early.
- Danny: Erin can't do it she's a mother. We can't send her out to buy her own Mother's day dinner.
Family Business [3.1]
- Renzulli: By the power vested in me, I pronounce the two of you partners.
- Danny: What'd you do partner, walk to Coney Island for the coffee?
Domestic Disturbance [3.2]
- Danny: We haven't asked you any questions how do you know you've got nothing to say?
- Jackie: Oprah couldn't get that girl to open up.
Old Wounds [3.3]
- Jackie: What did you say to him in there?
- Danny: Mostly lies. What I wanted to tell him was go ahead and shoot the son of a bitch and let's be done with it.
- Frank: Quit reading my files.
- Henry: Well, I'm retired. What else do I have to do?
Scorched Earth [3.4]
- Renzulli: Put some effort into discerning between gang bangers and honest citizens.
- Frank: Our job is to provide protection, we don't get to pick who for.
Risk and Reward [3.5]
- Danny: That detective did his job and this isn't your country, smart ass.
- Henry: Sometimes a kick in the ass is worth a thousand words.
Greener Grass [3.6]
- Erin: Well, I'll deny it to my death, but Danny is the best.
- Frank: Yeah, it's annoying, isn't it?
- Erin: Beyond.
- Linda: What do I do if that weird noise comes back?
- Danny: Just turn up the radio.
- Lansing: I'm Detective Lansing. I just moved over from Internal Affairs.
- Danny: Congratulations on getting sprung.
- Lansing: You try giving up coffee.
- Danny: You'll have to pry that from my cold, dead hands.
Higher Education [3.8]
- Nicky: It's a party, mother. Not a drunken orgy.
- Erin: Fine. Go. Get drunk. Have sex with Greg. Get a tattoo. You need bail money, call your grandfather.
Secrets and Lies [3.9]
- Danny: You wish you could turn into Supergirl and just put the entire family inside your little force field and keep them safe.
- Frank: I may not be a cop anymore but I still have friends in low places.
Fathers and Sons [3.10]
- Frank: Well, there you go. Forty grand a year at Harvard finally paid off.
- Henry: Anything less than a thank you from Danny Reagan and I will personally knock him on his behind.
Front Page News [3.11]
- Frank: There's no mistake you can make that I already haven't been there, done that.
- Danny: I'm just checking on my kid brother, Sarge. If anyone at IA got a problem with it they can bite me.
- Frank: Unless it's the proof that he's innocent, in which case it will be back there with the Poconos real estate ads.
- Danny: I almost went to prison over this cheesecake. You've got to eat some of it.
Inside Jobs [3.13]
- Frank: It's just our New York way of saying Howdy Stranger.
- Danny: I'm not paid to drink the Kool Aid.
Men In Black [3.14]
- Danny: Not for nothing but what happened to going easy?
- Wolf: Your way's more fun.
- Vinny: Do you think they see us?
- Jamie: Yeah, I think so. I think they're just too stoned to care.
- Erin: She thinks that I'm a terrible driver.
- Frank: Well, you are.
- Doctor: If you don't learn how to control your anger your anger will control you.
- Danny: Put it on a bumper sticker, Doc.
Quid Pro Quo [3.16]
- Danny: Our jobs are suppose to help people not screw them over.
- Garrett:I don't know whose interest are being served here but it certainly isn't this departments.
Protest Too Much [3.17]
- Jamie': Dad doesn't need my approval or yours.
- Danny: Apparently she was still just a bank teller and not a bank robber.
No Regrets [3.18]
- Jamie: It's not like you don't have any experience with crazy people
- Erin: You grew up in a house full of them.
- Frank: Don't do that to my people. Baker's not a cocktail waitress at CoCo Beach she's an NYPD detective.
Loss of Faith [3.19]
- Baker: Some days you just have to turn them off.
- Frank: Easier said than done.
- Frank: You know everything that I know.
- Jamie: That's never the case.
Ends and Means [3.20]
- Jamie: He rigged the car. Why would he do that?
- Frank: Because he got grounded when he was seven.
- Danny: You operated on the guy twice. What is it now, a heart transplant?
Devil's Breath [3.21]
- Garrett: Seeing her will just make it harder.
- Frank: It's suppose to be hard.
- Carter: I came to New York to ask her to marry me.
- Danny: I'm assuming she said no.
The Bitter End [3.22]
- Danny: In most places they call that a badge but in New York they call it a shield. You know why? Because a shield is used to protect people.
- Frank: Doing the right thing may be hard but it sure as hell isn't complicated.
This Way Out [3.23]
- [Frank delivers a press conference on the NYPD sweep of the Bitterman Projects]]
- Frank Reagan: At 0600 hours this morning a joint task force consisting of the Detective Bureau, the Narcotics Division....[police cars screech to a halt on the street. Hundreds of uniformed and ESU officers rush into the Bitterman Projects in formation] ....ESU, the Warrant Squad, the Gang Division and patrol - armed with warrants for arrests on charges including conspiracy to murder in the cases of Police Officer Vincent Cruz and Mayor Carter Poole, narcotics possession with intent to distribute, enterprise corruption....[A gangbanger is shown running down a stairwell, only to run into an ESU team coming up the stairs]....racketeering and a number of other serious charges-- conducted a sweep of the Bitterman Housing Projects....[An ESU team led by Danny and Baez raids Santana's unit, handcuffing Santana and one of his mistresses]... arresting 47 members and associates of the Los Lordes criminal organization, including their head. [Police officers escort several groups of Los Lordes members out of the buildings, shackled to each other] These arrests were made with information given by the residents of the Bitterman Projects, at their own risk, with no promise of reward, other than full NYPD cooperation in restoring law and order to their community. [Jamie and Sgt. Renzulli shake hands with Hector Santiago's father] I would like to note that this operation was carried out with the full input, and by design of, Mayor Carter Poole, with the explicit intent of conducting the investigations and arrests in such a manner as to build trust between the NYPD and the Bitterman community-- a trust that has been absent, on both sides, for far too long. [Danny and Baez load Santana into the back of a squad car]
Unwritten Rules [4.01]
- Eddie: An eye for an eye.
- Jamie: Leaves the whole world blind.
- Eddie: Last time I checked Gandhi wasn't a cop.
The City That Never Sleeps [4.02]
- Jamie: I'm not saying working midnights is fun but I don't think you can call yourself a New York City cop until you've survived a few.
To Protect And Serve [4.03]
- Jamie: (talking about being a Reagan) Sometimes it helps. Sometimes it just puts a target on your back.
Lost And Found [4.05]
- Jamie: Even when you do what seems like the right thing it can still turn out wrong.
Drawing Dead [4.07]
- Eddy: Don't take this the wrong way, you drive just like my grandmother.
- Jamie: Well you drive like my brother when he was 14.
Justice Served [4.08]
- Eddie: Chicks like dating firefighters. Do you ever see a beefcake calendar with NYPD? You don't.
- Jamie: Maybe I'll start one.
Bad Blood [4.09]
- Maria Baez: He's my brother and I'm the only one who gets to kill him.
Mistaken Identity [4.10]
- Danny Reagan: (coming up to a group of skinheads and flashing his badge) Kevin Conklin?
- Kevin Conklin: (sarcastically) Wow- you're good.
- Danny Reagan: (nodding to Conklin's friends) You two- why don't you go take a walk? (they glance at Conklin) Come on, beat it. (they leave)
- Maria Baez: Get up- get your hands out of your pockets. (Conklin does so, smirking) Someone tried to blow up the mosque down on 10th- you know anything about that?
- Kevin Conklin: I know it's a good start. Too many damn Osamas around here. Think they own the place.
- Maria Baez: You were spotted in the area a few hours before the explosion.
- Kevin Conklin: That rat's nest is on my way to work.
- Maria Baez: You've got quite a mouth on you, Kevin.
- Kevin Conklin: (smirks) You know, I got a place upstairs that's a real mess. You got your mop and bucket in the car, chiquita? (grins insolently; Maria gives Danny a look)
- Maria Baez: (steps forward and quickly frisks Conklin) We have Department guidelines for dealing with verbally abusive subjects. We're supposed to find a way to make a connection.
[Suddenly, she grabs the front of his jacket and knees him in the groin, hard)
- Danny Reagan: Well, I'd say you made a Hell of a connection there.
- Maria Baez: (cuffing Conklin) Subject tried to put his hands on me.
- Danny Reagan:(smirks) I saw the whole thing.
- Kevin Conklin: (weakly) That's a damn lie!
- Danny Reagan: Don't worry, tough guy- we won't tell the boys that the cleaning lady kicked your ass.
The Bogeyman [4.12]
- Jamie: As my father told me, you can't save every puppy in the pound.
Open secrets [4.15]
- Jamie: Some times people don't appreciate the way you try to keep them safe.
- Henry: Until something goes wrong.
Secret Arrengements [4.19]
- Jamie: You work together long enough either you hate each other…
- Eddie: Or we make out on the side walk?
- Eddie: He's only ever seen me in my uniform. I look like a 12 year old boy dressing up for Halloween.
Custody Battle [4.20]
- Danny: Reagan family rule #1: Reagans can talk smack all night long. Outsiders talk smack, there's going to be a fight.
- Jamie: When it comes to sticking up for his kids, my old man doesn't take any prisoners.
Above and Beyond [4.21]
- Eddie: Ah, another day of crime fighting. We should get capes.
- Erin: You have to remember that I was there for your first crush. Theresa Mancini and she was bossy and opinionated and it's kind of your thing.
- Gormley: I'm thick headed irish mutt who barged in here without thinking about the consequences or at least that's what my wife told me.
Forgive and Forget [5.02]
- Frank: You've got a badge in your pocket and a gun in your holster you damn sure better not have a drink in your hand.
- Erin: It's always personal for him. That doesn't give him the right to use me as a punching bag every time he doesn't get his way.
Burning Bridges [5.03]
- Frank: I kind of went off road at the press conference.
- Garrett: You kind of drove into a ditch.
- Frank: Is there an or else here? Is excommunication on the table?
Excessive Force [5.04]
- Frank: How much mercy am I required to show?
- Cardinal: Well there isn't any metric that I know of. You show as much mercy as you can. It's as simple and as complicated as that.
- Cardinal: May I quote Scripture?
- Frank: Not unless you want to put me to sleep.
Loose Lips [5.05]
- Baez: He give you anything?
- Danny: Yeah, a stubborn attitude.
- Baez: A Reagan. I'm shocked.
- Tina: Look, I'm fine.
- Jamie: Those bruises on your face say different.
Most Wanted [5.06]
- Nicky: Mom, I'm a Reagan. Something good happens that just means something bad is right around the corner.
- Danny: Hey, what's with all the dancing? This ain't no disco.
Shoot the Messenger [5.07]
- Danny: The only Rottweiler causing me any pain is my new CO.
- Frank: Carver's a good cop.
- Danny: Carver is a ball buster.
- Frank: Carver is a good, tough cop. District Attorney McCoy is a ball buster.
- Garrett: Just for the record, you've done hundreds of interviews, Frank. I'd think by now you'd know how to hold your tongue.
- Frank: I'm doing that right now.
Power of the Press [5.08]
- Baez: We work together, we catch hell together.
- Nicky: A lot of people don't trust cops. It's a fact.
- Henry: Let them try living without us for a week.
Under the Gun [5.09]
- Danny: We don't go to bed angry in this house Linda.
- Linda: Tonight we do.
- Garrett: When you and Donald Stein part after a meeting, who kisses whose ring?
- Frank: Neither, it is a bear hug and a my best to your family.
Sins of the Father [5.10]
- Danny: A broken heart is no excuse for what you did.
- Frank: I can't let it go at a discount.
- Eddie: My kingdom for an empty bench where I can devour my cheeseburger.
- Garrett: Public perception's going to be we're launching missiles at a gopher.
Home Sweet Home [5.12]
- Jamie: I just want to say how blessed we are to have this food, this house and four generations of Reagans sitting around this table. We should never take that for granted. That's an order.
- Frank: Where are you going?
- Henry: Out.
- Frank: What are you 16?
- Eddie: You once told me you can't save every puppy in the pound and now you're the one getting too close.
Love Stories [5.13]
- Danny: I hate wearing my dress blues. How about that?
- Garrett: Why don't you pretend that Danny's last name isn't Reagan and decide if he deserves a medal based on the merit's of the case.
The Poor Door [5.14]
- Eddie: Guy's a real box of rocks.
- Jamie: You don't got to pass a test to become a criminal.
- Eddie: Oh you need help. Thirty seconds ago you were trying to kill us. Now you need help.
Power Players [5.15]
- Eddie: This was a really bad guy, so why do I feel so guilty?
- Jamie: Because you're a good guy.
- Eddie: I killed a guy before he killed me. I don't want a damn medal.
In The Box [5.16]
- Garrett: You have no right to judge me for what I do or try to do for helping my boy.
- Baez: You have a gun pointed at my face, of course I’m not going to try anything.
Occupational Hazards [5.17]
- Jamie: So you’re all for the benefit of the doubt as long as there is no doubt.
- Baez: He said jump, you said on who?
- Henry: I'm all for benefit of the doubt, so long as I'm dead certain who benefits from the doubt.
- Jamie: What does that mean?
- Henry: It means I wanna be sure the person is innocent before I let him or her off the hook.
- Jamie: So, you're all for the benefit of the doubt as long as there is no doubt.
- Henry: Exactly.
Bad Company [5.18]
- Danny: When we were calling the wheel looking for someone who spoke Serbian you were the only one in the entire department who fit age and physical profile.
- Eddie: I hope that means young and hot.
- Jamie: (about Eddie) She's the best. She's tough as nails. I trust her with my life.
Through the Looking Glass [5.19]
- Erin: Don't give me that, you play like a girl look, because I play like a girl who grew up with three brothers.
- Garrett: A wise man told me that policing is about positively affecting one person at a time for the better.
- Senator McCreary: Jess Weinstein, my Deputy Chief of Staff. She masterminded my last campaign. She's sharp as a tac.
- Frank: Until she becomes as dumb as a box of rocks with one of my officers.
- Danny: The kid couldn't kill an ant.
New Rules [5.21]
- Danny: There comes a time to rule by fear and not by the book.
- Sean: But you told us that you busted that guy then Aunt Erin let him go.
New Rules [5.22]
- Danny: Assistant District Attorney Erin Reagan. You know why she's here? To keep me from snapping your neck.
- Frank: What are you trying to do, join the family business?
- Linda: Well, as another Reagan once said, Honey I forgot to duck.
All the News That's Fit to Click [6.03]
- Danny: Yes, hello, Michael Hicks? Congratulations! My name is Richard Mollo. I work with the New York Mets. And you, sir, have won a wonderful prize of a luxury suite to any New York Mets home game of your choice for this season. No, congratulations. Okay, all you got to do is meet me between 8:00 and 9:00 p.m. tonight at the box office at Citi Field and you can collect your prize. Yes, ask for me-- Richard Mollo. I'll see you then. Throw the pitch, make the catch.
With Friends Like These [6.04]
- Danny: Can't save everyone.
- Jamie: We can try.
The Bullitt Mustang [6.07]
- Mr. Kyle: You have to understand this is a boutique hotel.
- Danny: Got it.
- Mr. Kyle: With a reputation for utmost discretion.
- Danny: Got it. I'll be discreet, I promise. I left my bullhorn and machine gun in the car. (knocks) Police! Open up! Mrs. Cairo, open up! Okay, would you do your thing, Mr., uh, Kyle?
- (Mr. Kyle unlocks and opens the door Danny enters as music is playing loudly)
- Danny: Mrs. Cairo? Detective Reagan. (shuts off music) Just want to ask you a few questions.
- Mrs. Cairo: You have no right! (throws glass vase with flowers at Danny)
- Danny: Hey! Hey! I'm a detective!
- Mrs. Cairo: So, my husband had me followed again?! Well, you tell him he's wasting his time.
- Danny: I'm a detective. Detective Reagan, NYPD.
- Mrs. Cairo: You're a police detective. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Geez, are you okay?
- Danny Yeah, I'm okay. You missed. Is anybody else in that bedroom?
- Mrs. Cairo: No
- Danny: How about you-- are you all right?
- Mrs. Cairo: I'm not supposed to be on my feet. I just had my boobs, ass and tummy done.
- Danny: Oh.
- Mrs. Cairo: And I had nothing to do with that damn car going missing. Assuming that's why you're here.
Hold Outs [6.09]
- Jamie: Here, have a seat. You know when we add these four goons to the three my partner and I locked up the other day, it's like damn near arrested half your gang. Heavy is the head that wears the crown, huh?
- Rainey: What?
- Jamie: Just saying. Not a great week for you as boss, but maybe there's something you can do to fix that.
- Rainey: Here we go, hmm? Time for Let's Make a Deal. Guess what? Rainey don't deal.
- Jamie: You could save you and your boys a lot of jail time if you come clean about what's really going on.
- Rainey: You know what, man? I don't even, like, understand a single thing you saying.
- Jamie: Sure you do. You're smarter than you play. Why would you and your crew hit the same block six times in a month?
- Rainey: I ain't saying nothing.
- Jamie: If someone else is behind this, maybe we could trade up Get you and your crew a year, maybe just probation.
- Rainey: You know what, man? You're right. I am smart. Smart enough to know that the most we gonna get is six months, probably three if we wear ties to court. (chuckles)
- Jamie: Yeah, you're right, except there's this little known section of the penal law that I discovered when I was at law school. It's called "enterprise corruption.
- Rainey: Hmm.
- Jamie: I won't bore you with the details, but basically what it says is, since you've repeated the same crime multiple times, minimum for you is five years upstate.
- Rainey: Please. (laughing) You ain't go to no law school. You just a cop.
- Jamie pulls out his Harvard law school ID Card and places it on the desk
- Jamie: (handcuffs rattling) Let's go.
- Erin: Thanks for coming down. Please, have a seat.
- Louise: You know, uh, I've been thinking about what you said about what hand Granderson used and all. I think I was right the first time. He reached in with his right hand, and he shot Victor with his left.
- Erin: Great. That's great. That's very helpful. Can you tell me who Richard Hart is?
- Louise: What?
- Erin: Who is Richard Hart?
- Louise: I don't I don't know anyone by that name.
- Erin: That's interesting. Because you make quite a few phone calls to him.
- Louise: Okay, I know him, but he's just a friend.
- Erin: Yeah. I think he's your boyfriend. And for quite some time, based on those phone records.
- Louise: Oh, God. Okay. Yes, he's someone I've been involved with. Look, I'm not proud of it.
- Erin: Which is why you never told this office or the police?
- Louise: I knew how it would come across. Husband is shot dead and wife is having an affair. I mean, we all know what that would look like.
- Erin: Like you had your husband killed so you can start a new life.
- Louise: That is not what happened.
- Erin: I think it is.
- Louise: Okay. I think I need a lawyer.
- Erin: Yeah.That's probably a good idea. But the truth is I think it's a little late for that.
- Louise: Oh, no.
- Erin: Yeah, bad move getting involved with a two-time felon. See, one more felony conviction and Richie goes away for life. Unless he cooperates.
- Louise: Richie loves me. He wouldn't say a thing.
- Erin: Yeah. He said everything. About how you two carried out the murder of your beloved Victor, as well as killing Robin Dunn, the only eyewitness that could contradict your testimony.
- Louise: (gasping) Wait. Wait. This was all Richie's idea. I will tell you anything you need to know.
- Erin: Yeah. He thought you might say that. Which is why he was smart enough to record all your phone conversations. You're under arrest.
- Danny: Did you forget how to dial a phone, Ronnie?
- Ronnie: I didn't know anyone was gonna do anything last night. Last time I saw those guys, Sal was telling us all to get out.
- Danny: Right, and you all just went home and watched The Bachelorette, is that it?
The Road to Hell [6.14]
- Cop: I got four under for criminal possession of a controlled substance.
- Nicky: It's not my drugs.
- Cop: I got three more saying the same thing. Tell me you're not that Reagan?
- Nicky; My grandfather's the PC, if that's what you mean.
- Cop: Sarge? I think you need to get the CO down here.
Personal Business [7.8]
- Eddie: I know, I know, we need to stop meeting like this. (she enters, Jaime looks bewildered) So, uh, I think we need to clear the air.
- Jaime: Yeah.
- Eddie: I've been thinking about what you- you said about me being... jealous of Tara.
- Jaime: I shouldn't have said that, I'm sorry-
- Eddie: Yeah, well- the thing is, it's true.
- Jaime:... What are you talking about?
- Eddie: I was. Jealous of Tara. Just like I'm jealous every time you go on a date with somebody, every time you tell me how some girl is hot.
- Jaime:... Eddie-
- Eddie: Could you please not talk? This is, you know, this is really hard, so just let me get it off my chest.
- Jaime: Okay.
- Eddie: (takes a deep breath)... I have feelings for you. I have for a long time. (pause, Jaime stares at her) There, I said it. I do everything I can to make them go away. Because, I mean, you're not even close to my type, and you are a complete Boy Scout, and you make me crazy most of the time. You're also... the best person I think I've ever met. (starting to tear up) And you're the best friend I've ever had.
- Jaime: Look, I-
- Eddie: Is that you talking?!
- Jaime: Sorry.
- Eddie:... I know that you're my partner, and I don't want to do anything to screw that up. I just, I needed... to tell you that you're so much more than that. And if I didn't tell you, it was gonna get really weird.
- Jaime: (teasingly) 'Cause this doesn't make things weird at all. (Eddie punches him in the arm, he laughs and raises his hands defensively) I'm kidding, I'm kidding! (pause) Cards on the table? I have feelings for you, too. I think you know that. But, we've been down that road before, and it's a bad idea for... a lot of reasons.
- Eddie: I know.
- Jaime: It can really cloud your judgement, and... totally screw up a partnership.
- Eddie: Yeah- totally. I just, you know- I just wanted to be honest. (Jaime nods) Are we good?
- Jaime: Definitely.
- [Eddie walks past him, pauses, then turns back and kisses him; Jaime returns the kiss and they embrace for a moment]
- Eddie:... Good talk. (swats him teasingly) See you tomorrow.
The Thin Blue Line [7.22]
[Mayor Carter Poole tells Frank he intends to resign]
- Frank Reagan:...Is there anything I can say?
- Carter Poole: (smiles)... You can give me your word. That you'll be just as hard on my successor, as you were on me.
- Frank Reagan:... You have my word. (they shake hands) Thank you, Mr. Mayor.
- Carter Poole: Thank you, Commissioner.
My Aim Is True [8.22]
- Danny: We having company or something kid?
- Jamie: Um...
- Frank: What's going on?
- [Eddie enters the room and holds Jaime's hand]
- Erin: Oh.
- Eddie: Hey everyone!
- Jack: Hi
- Henry: Hello
- Danny: Hello
- Nicky: Hi
- Frank: Officer Janko.
- Jamie: Just "Eddie" today dad.
- Eddie: Actually not "just Eddie" today.
- Jamie: Well since this morning, the future Mrs Jameson Reagan.
- Erin: What! Get Out!
- Henry: You're kidding!
- Nicky: Oh my goodness! Congratulations!
- Danny: Way to go.
- [Reagan family cheers]
- Danny: About time.
- [Erin gives Danny a look]
- Danny: I didn't know anything
- Frank: Well i'll be dammed
- Henry: Francis
- Frank: Congratulations
- Jamie: Thank you
- Erin: Wow
- Eddie: Right
- Danny: Just this morning
- Jaime: Uh yeah
- Danny: Wow
- Frank: Well at least i know one wedding present you're getting. Your choice of precincts to transfer to.
- Erin: Well gee dad every bride's dream
- Frank: Hey. I'm just sayin'.
- Jamie: Actually, uh, we both really like the house that we're already in.
- Frank: Oh
- Henry: But you know that you can't work together anymore.
- Jamie: Well, that's what we thought, too, Pop.
- Henry: You thought
- Eddie: Well, assumed.
- Jamie: But I looked it up. And there's nothing in the Patrol Guide-- or any of the books, for that matter-- says married cops can't be partners on the job.
- Henry: Nowhere
- Jamie: No
- Henry: Wow
- Jamie: But I knew that you and Dad would be for that rule, even if it wasn't actually a rule.
- Frank: But the rule does make enormous sense.
- Nicky: Why?
- Frank: Well, a couple partnered together on the job can create conflicts.
- Eddie: Yes but
- Frank: But
- Jamie: Hear us out? Consider if two people willing to swear the following to each other could still be good partners on the job.
- Danny: Swear the following what?
- Eddie: Vows that we wrote to each other
- Danny: You wrote vows already? - Okay.
- Jamie: Turns out she's been working on 'em for a while, so I just
- Eddie: Turns out so has he.
- Jamie: So.
- Eddie: I will always have your back.
- Jamie: If you fall behind, I'll wait up.
- Eddie: I'll earn your respect, and pay you respect every day we have.
- Jamie: I'll be your scout, your night watchman, your cavalry.
- Eddie: Your medic, your chaplain in our army of two.
- Jamie: No retreat, no surrender.
- Eddie: No retreat, no surrender. [chuckles]
- Jamie: You can count on me.
- Eddie: And you can count on me.
- Frank: Welcome to our family, Eddie.
- Eddie: Thank you. Dad.