- So what's the worth
In all of this
If the child in your head
If the child is dead
From Modern Life Is Rubbish (1993)
- Advertisements are here for rapid persuasion
If you stare too long you lose your appetite
- You need a holiday, somewhere in the sun
with all the people who are waiting, there never seems to be one
say something, say something else
- I'll forget to breathe someday, I never stopped to think why
- Jim stops and gets out the car goes to a house in Emperor's Gate
goes through the door and to his room and then he puts the TV on
turns it off and makes some tea says "Modern life well it's rubbish
I'm holding on for tomorrow"
- "For Tomorrow"
From Parklife (1994)
- Girls Who Are Boys
Who Like Boys To Be Girls
Who Do Boys Like They're Girls
Who Do Girls Like They're Boys
Always Should Be Someone You Really Love
- "Girls and Boys"
- End of a century, ooohhhh, it's nothing special
- "End of a Century"
- Confidence is a preference for the 'abitual voyeur of wha' is known as (Parklife!)
- Bank holiday comes six times a year, days of enjoyment to which everybody cheers!
Bank holiday comes (with) a six pack of beer then it's back to work A. G. AIN
- "Bank Holiday"
- This is a low, but it won't hurt you
when you're alone it will be there with you
finding ways to stay so low
- "This is a Low"
From The Great Escape (1995)
- He thinks his educated airs those family shares
Will protect him, that you will respect him
He moves in circles of friends who just pretend that they like him
He does the same to them and when you put it all together
There's the model of a charmless man
- "Charmless Man"
- It really, really, really could happen
Yes, it really, really, really could happen
When the days they seem to fall through you, well just let them go
- "The Universal"
From Blur (1997)
- And when she lets me slip away
She turns me on all my violence is gone
- "Beetle bum"
- In this town cellular phones are hot with teens,
and in this town we all go to terminal pubs, it helps us sweat out those angry bits of life,
from this town the English army grinds its teeth into glass
- "Essex Dogs"
From 13 (1999)
- Tender is the day, the demons go away
- Space is the place
- So give me coffee and TV, history
I've seen so much I'm going blind and I'm brain-dead virtually
sociability, is hard enough for me
take me away from this big bad world and agree to marry me
we can start over again
- "Coffee & TV"
From Think Tank (2003)
- I ain't got nothing to be scared of
- Brothers and sisters
Rebuild your lives
We're all drug takers
Give us something tonight
- "Brothers and Sisters"
- Waiting, I got no town to hide in
The country's got a hold of my soul
TV's dead and there ain't no war in my head
And you seem very beautiful to me
- "Good Song"
- And you've been so busy lately
That you haven't found the time
To open up your mind
And watch the world spinning gently out of time.
- "Out of Time"
- Feel the sunshine on your face
It's in a computer now.
Gone are the future, way out in space.
- "Out of Time"
- Caravan is lost
In the sun and the dust
No-one loves you
When you are lost
Yeah I've been a clown
Trying to pull my whole world down
I thought I was strong
But you are the one
And when it comes, you'll feel the weight of it
The weight of it
And the day and you'll get away from it,
Away from it
- Y'know yer get down now, and yer look at the wall
And what does the wall say to yer?
I ain't a mirror, f#$k off!
It's true though innit?
Think about it
Don't stall man I got 'ouses ter build
- "Me, White Noise"
- And then you move move move move,
and you push push push push,
and you trip over yourself and you think to yourself,
why am I here? I'm here because I got no f#$king choice!
- "Me, White Noise"