Jump to navigation Jump to search
Robert Laurence "Bob" Barr, Jr. (born November 5, 1948) is a former United States Republican Congressman from Georgia and the Libertarian Party's nominee for President of the United States in the 2008 election.
- A print of the painting, The Prayer At Valley Forge, depicting George Washington on bended knee, praying in the hard snow at Valley Forge, hangs over the desk in my office. If the practice of witchcraft, such as is allowed now at Fort Hood, is permitted to stand, one wonders what paintings will grace the walls of future generations.
- As quoted in "The Right of Wiccans to Practice in the Military" (20 May 1999), ReligiousTolerance.
- Clearly, the court today has ignored the constitutional right and responsibility of Congress to pass laws protecting citizens from dangerous and addictive narcotics...
- Press release (28 March 2002), as quoted in "Barr to Continue Fight Against Drug Legalization", MPP.
- There is no legitimate use whatsoever for marijuana. This is not medicine. This is bogus witchcraft. It has no place in medicine, no place in pain relief...
- "Drug War Chronicle" (17 May 2002), as quoted in "Barr Booed for Anti-Pot Remarks in Home District Event".
- ...there remains time to turn back the constitutional clock and roll back excessive post-9/11 powers before we turn the corner into another Japanese internment or, closer to our own experiences, before we witness a legally sanctioned Ruby Ridge or Waco scenario.
- Testimony Submitted to the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee on America Post-9/11, 18 November 2003, as quoted in America after 9/11: Freedom Preserved or Freedom Lost?.
- Defending the Constitution is always important. That duty is even more vital today, when the president and top administration officials argue that the executive branch may break the law whenever the president deems it to be necessary in a time which he declares to be wartime.
- Press release, (8 July 2008) Barack Obama Should Defend Constitution, Lead Fight Against FISA, Says Bob Barr, PR Newswire (press release), 8 July 2008.
- The definition of throwing your vote away is to go into that voting booth and vote for one of two parties that will not change the direction this country's going in.
- Concord Monitor, (22 July 2008) Libertarian appeals to decisive voters, Concord Monitor, 22 July 2008.
- What has to do with your ability to fall asleep is not caffeine. It's having a clean conscience. I have a clean conscience so I can drink all the caffeine I want.
- Los Angeles Times, (23 July 2008) He's Bob Barr, and he's running for president. Los Angeles Times. 23 July 2008.
- Every American is hard-wired in history or experience to be libertarian about something.
- Marshall News Messenger (27 July 2008), Copelin, Laylan Libertarians want to be kingmakers in legislative races, Marhall News Messenger, 27 July 2008.