Piyush "Bobby" Jindal (born June 10, 1971) is the current Republican governor of the U.S. state of Louisiana. At age 36 Jindal became the youngest current governor in the United States in January 2008. He is also the first elected Indian American governor in United States history.
- This is a serious storm that has caused serious damage in our state … We're pleased we haven't seen breaches in the levees. We're pleased we haven't seen major flooding in New Orleans or the places that flooded before. But there are serious challenges.
- To succeed, we have to be the party of change, we have to root out corruption in our own ranks and we have to be the party of solutions.
- "Governors Know Best", The Washington Post, November 9, 2008
- You know, Republicans went to Washington to change the culture, to change the city. Instead, they became changed by Washington. Now, it doesn't do any good for us to look backwards or to fight amongst ourselves. We need to be looking forward.
- "Gov Jindal: GOP Must Become the Conservative Party Again", Fox News Channel, November 13, 2008
- Whether you voted for him or not, whether you supported the new leaders of Congress or not, they're our president, they're our Congress, they need our prayers, they need our support.
- "In Iowa stop, Jindal says GOP must offer solutions", Chicago Tribune, November 22, 2008
- When the Republican Party is no longer the party of fiscal conservatism then clearly I would argue that we've lost our way.
- I’m not worried about where Barack Obama is from. I’m worried about where he’s going.
- Alluding to the "Birther" controversy
- At a American Legislative Exchange Council meeting, New Orleans, August 2011
- "Bobby Jindal Just Killed Decades of Republican Tax Policy", BusinessWeek.com, November 15, 2012; retrieved 2012-11-18
- Immigration without assimilation is an invasion.
- "Transcript: GOP Aug. 6 undercard debate", The Washington Post, 6 August 2015