Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bobby Lee Rush (born November 23, 1946) is an American politician, activist, pastor, and the U.S. Representative for Illinois's 1st congressional district, serving in Congress for more than two decades.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The number-one cause that prevents police accountability, that promotes police corruption, that protects police lawlessness, is a culprit called the Fraternal Order of Police. They're the organized guardians of continuous police lawlessness, of police murder and police brutality. The Chicago Fraternal Order of Police is the most rabid, racist body of criminal lawlessness by police in the land. It stands shoulder to shoulder with the Ku Klux Klan then and the Ku Klux Klan now.
- As quoted in Bobby Rush: Chicago police union and KKK 'are like kissing, hugging and law-breaking cousins' by Natasha Korecki, 14 June 2020, Politico
- Congressman Bobby Rush official U.S. House website
- Citizens for Rush campaign website
- Bobby Rush at Curlie
- Biography at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
- Profile at Vote Smart
- Financial information (federal office) at the Federal Election Commission
- Legislation sponsored at the Library of Congress
- Appearances on C-SPAN