Body of Lies (film)
(Redirected from Body of Lies)
- Do we belong there or do we not? It doesn't matter how you would answer that because we are there. We're tired, and we can't see the end. We can't even console ourselves that our enemy is just as tired as we are. Because they're not. It is a fallacy that prolonged war will weaken an occupied enemy. It most likely will make your enemy stronger. They get used to the deprivation, and they adapt and respond accordingly. While here at home with every death reported we have to deal with a public-opinion trajectory that slides rapidly from supportive to negative to downright hostile. People just get sick and tired of a moment's silence at a ball game.They just wanna be told that it's over.
- Despite the fact we have markedly increased our operational intensity, we're not seeing any progress. What we're dealing with here is potentially a global conflagration that requires constant diligence in order to suppress.
- Our enemy has realized that they are fighting guys from the future. Now, ahem, it is as brilliant as it is infuriating. If you live like it's the past, and you behave like it's the past then guys from the future find it very hard to see you. If you throw away your cell phone, shut down your e-mail pass all your instructions face-to-face, hand-to-hand turn your back on technology and just disappear into the crowd No flags. No uniforms. You got your basic grunts on the ground there. They're looking going, "Who is it we're fighting?" In a situation like this, your friends dress just like your enemies and your enemies dress like your friends. What I need you to fully understand is that these people, they do not wanna negotiate. Not at all. They want the universal caliphate established across the face of the Earth and they want every infidel converted or dead.
- So, what's changed is that our allegedly unsophisticated enemy has caught on to the factually unsophisticated truth...we're an easy target. We are an easy target and our world as we know it is a lot simpler to put to an end than you might think.
- [To Al-Saleem] But are you pure or are you just as corrupt as the capitalist Westerners that you despise? To me, you are fucking slaves. You're slaves to the Saudi oil sheiks and the Wahabi oil money that funds you. And when that oil money runs out, my friends you will all fucking disappear into the ashes of history.
- People are stupid. Torture doesn't work. Under torture, a man will say almost anything to make the pain stop. You have experience with this, I am sure.
- In this world there's enough poverty and frustration and anger and passion. There will never be a shortage of martyrs.
- Bassam: Hey, hey. Listen to me. I am not getting my head cut off on the Internet. If something happens, shoot me. Will you shoot me?
- Ferris: Fuck that shit. I will shoot you right now.
- Nazir: I don't want to die. I want to go to America. I have a Ph.D., you know? And they want me... They want me to blow myself up.
- Ferris: Ph.D. in what, chemistry?
- Nazir: NO!
- Ferris: What do you know about radiological materials?
- Nazir: Linguistic. I speak five languages. Five, you know?
- Ferris: You are a rare and a delicate flower.
- Ferris: [after executing Nazir,] In case you didn't see it, I executed him.
- Ed: You did what you had to do, If you hadn't, he would be describing you down to your eyebrows to them right now.
- Ferris: I did it, all right? It's done. I killed him.
- Ed: He was always gonna get killed no matter what he did. Besides, you'd milked him and he was dry. Excuse me. Ferris? Is your silence supposed to say something? Because you do know we're at war, right? Your friend, who you must have had some intense cross-cultural eye contact with was a terrorist a-hole, who, at his apex, turned out to be a coward who wanted to go to Disneyland.
- Ferris: Listen, Ed, we're going north now.
- Ferris: I invented Omar Sadiki.It was my operation. He is not a jihadist, all right? I moved him around, I moved money around, and then I lost him.
- Hani: That is impossible.
- Ferris: Why?
- Hani: Because it will mean that you sat in my office and you lied to my face.
- Ferris: Hani, I promise I will share all the information with you, all right? But they have kidnapped a friend of mine in order to get to me. Now, you know exactly who I'm talking about, Hani. Please, they're gonna execute her, all right? Please, help me broker a deal, her for me.
- Hani: You lied to me. I will not help you. The answer is no.
- Trust no one. Deceive everyone.
- Trust no one.
- Leonardo DiCaprio - Roger Ferris
- Russell Crowe - Ed Hoffman
- Mark Strong - Hani
- Golshifteh Farahani - Aisha
- Oscar Isaac - Bassam
- Ali Suliman - Omar Sadiki
- Alon Abutbul - Al-Saleem