Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (and Don't Come Back!!)
Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (and Don't Come Back!!) is a 1980 American animated comedy-drama film produced by United Feature Syndicate and distributed by Paramount Pictures, directed by Bill Melendez and Phil Roman. It was the fourth full-length feature film to be based on the Peanuts comic strip.
This is the last Peanuts film to be distributed to Paramount before 20th Century Fox took over after the release.
- Directed by Bill Melendez and Phil Roman. Produced by Bill Melendez and Lee Mendelson. Written by Charles M. Schulz.
- I'm worried about the Baron. Pierre said that he was a very mean man.
- [pounding on the chateau's door in a horrible lightning storm] I can't believe it! There's no one home! Why would they invite us clear over here, and then not be home?
- I don't have any idea what you're talking about, all I know is we had a terrible time. There was no one there to meet us, we got caught in the rain, the lightning scared us half to death, and we spent the night sleeping at the stable at the chateau.
- [first lines; in a classroom] Quiet, everybody! We have two new students here that I'd like to have you meet. They are exchange students from Europe. It is my great honor to introduce to you Babette and Jacques.
- [to Violette] Jump? Are they crazy?
- That doesn't make sense. Why did she invite you, Charlie Brown?
- Boy, Chuck, this is great. That was real generous of you to feed your share to the car. [Snoopy and Woodstock snicker] Notice how well the car is running since you gave it some bread?
- Another fine mess you've got me into, Chuck.
- [after they get off the plane in London] Hey Chuck, we're in England. Did you ever think you'd be in England?
- [after the rental car gets hit from behind] Qu'est-ce que tu as dans la crâne? Oooh, les cornes! Qu'est-ce que tu veux que je fasse? Que dalle! Le pied de nez! Tu veux nous frotter?
[ music plays ]
( evil thunderclaps in the forsthall tower to a once )
( bell rings )
- Charlie Brown: Good bye, everybody! Take care of the old ball field, Schroeder, I'm going to miss it.
- Sally: The last time you went away, big brother, your team won three games in a row.
- Violet, Pig-Pen, Schroeder and Sally: Bon voyage, Charlie Brown!
- Lucy: And don't come back!
- [Everyone stares at Lucy, she grins]
- British ticket agent: Passport, please.
- Charlie Brown: Y-Yes, sir. We're just passing through. We're on our way to France, sir. I have nothing to declare, sir. I throw myself at the mercy of the court!
- Linus: We've only been two minutes and already he's embarrassing us.
- Peppermint Patty: [in-flight meals are served] Hey, Marcie, this is real nice!
- Marcie: It's a whole lot better than peanut butter sandwiches, sir.
- Peppermint Patty: What do you think they'll feed us in France?
- Marcie: Probably peanut butter on French bread, sir.
- [Charlie Brown & Co. are at an English restaurant, waited upon by a waiter with a thick Cockney accent]
- Waiter: All right Guv'nor, you ready to order?
- Charlie Brown: Can you help us with the menu?
- Waiter: For the gentlemen, I recommend the beef & kidney pie. The shepherds pie's rather nice for the ladies. A cheddar & pickle sandwich is rather toppo. What'll be your pleasure, mate?
- Charlie Brown: What is... [to Marcie] What did he say?
- Marcie: Perhaps I should have studied English, not French.
- [Charlie Brown nibbles a bit on his eraser]
- Peppermint Patty: Don't chew on your eraser, Chuck. It bugs me.
- [Charlie Brown drums his fingers on the desk]
- Peppermint Patty: Stop drumming your fingers on the desk, Chuck. That grosses me out.
- [Charlie Brown sighs]
- Peppermint Patty: And don't hassle me with your sighs, Chuck.
- [Charlie Brown breathes through his mouth and licks his fingers while turning a page]
- Peppermint Patty: Don't breathe through your mouth, Chuck. Don't lick your fingers when you turn the pages, Chuck.
- [Charlie Brown is starting to get angry]
- Peppermint Patty: And don't scrap your feet on the desk.
- Charlie Brown: [shouting - finally had enough - his shouting knocks Peppermint Patty off her seat] WILL YOU STOP CRITICIZING ME?!?
- [the scene cuts to Charlie Brown and Peppermint Patty sitting on a chair next to the principals office. The sign on the door reads "DIRECTEUR]
- Pierre: Did he say chateau? Surely they are not staying at the Chateau of the Bad Neighbor.
- Marcie: Yes they are, Mal Voisin.
- Pierre: But that is terrible! They cannot stay there!
- Peppermint Patty: Why not, Pierre?
- Pierre: They could be in great danger!
- Marcie: Danger?
- Pierre: No one, absolutely no one goes to that chateau, if you are from another country, that's even worse.
- Peppermint Patty: But Chuck received a letter from the chateau!
- Pierre: And, but that too is impossible, the baron would never allow such a thing.
- Marcie: The baron? What baron?
- Pierre: Come! We must see if we can do something!
- Pierre: Nobody go to the Chateau of the Bad Neighbor, the Baron is recluse and hates everybody! He do not allow visitors.
- Charlie Brown: Then why did they invite us? See? I got a letter from V. Honfleur, she invited us!
- Pierre: Violette? She's a ward of the Baron's. If she invited you, the Baron does not know about it. The Baron do not invite anyone. The Baron is a very violent person. He hates everybody.
- Linus: That doesn't make sense. Why did she invite you, Charlie Brown?
- Peppermint Patty: [gathered around a fire] I hope Chuck and Linus got into the chateau tonight, it's cold outside.
- Pierre: Nobody go into the Mal Voisin! I remember Violette often spoke of her grandmother and an American friend. During WWII many Americans were stationed around here, and in the Chateau Mal Voisin. I wish your friend will leave the chateau, he could be in danger!
- Arrin Skelley as Charlie Brown
- Daniel Anderson as Linus van Pelt
- Patricia Patts as Peppermint Patty
- Casey Carlson as Marcie
- Bill Melendez as Snoopy, Woodstock
- Roseline Rubens as Violette Honfleur
- Pascale De Barolet as Pierre
- Annalisa Bortolin as Sally Brown
- Laura Planting as Lucy van Pelt
- Scott Beach as Waiter, Baron, Driver, Tennis Announcer, English Voice, American Male, Car Rental Worker