Bordertown (American TV series)
Bordertown is an American animated sitcom created by Mark Hentemann for the Fox Broadcasting Company. The series follows two families living in a Southwest desert town on the United States–Mexico border. It is a joint production by Bento Box Entertainment, Fuzzy Door Productions, 20th Century Fox Television, Hentemann Films and syndicated by 20th Television.
- Ernesto: J.C., I think it's great, you and Becky are getting married, but you'll have a wife to support. Any leads on a job?
- J.C.: How can I get a job, when monsters are trying to pass this immigration law?
- Ernesto: [sarcastic] You're right. That's unfair of me. You should wait until all the problems of the world are solved.
- J.C.: Thank you. That's all I'm asking.
- Ernesto: Hola, Steve. Como estas?
- Steve: I speak English, Mr. Gonzalez. I'm an American.
- Ernesto: How are the parents? Francisco and Consuelo?
- Steve: [angered] Frank and Connie are fine!
- Steve: Buckwald, you're fired.
- Bud: What!?
- Steve: With that wall up, we don't need you anymore, so hand in your gun and uniform.
- [Bud takes off his uniform, revealing a Hello Kitty shirt underneath]
- Steve: What the hell are you wearing a Hello Kitty shirt for?
- Bud: You're not my boss anymore, I don't have to tell you.
- Steve: You're rehired.
- Bud: I love Hello Kitty. She's a kitty and she has a nice greeting.
- Steve: You're fired.
- Bud: Hey, Ernesto. I've got a message for ya.
- Ernesto: What is it?
- Bud: Look up in the sky.
- [Ernesto looks up in the sky and skywriting is seen, spelling out "Bud Buckwald"]
- Bud: Aw, crap. I filled out the skywriting form wrong. It's supposed to say "I quit."
- Ernesto: Is that your social security number?
- [The skywriting then reveals the number "549-24-1889"]
- Bud: Aaaah! I gotta call everyone in town and tell them not to look up!
- Ernesto: Hola, Bud. Happy Sunday. Wow, nice jacket.
- Bud: It's for being an usher. The most important job in the church. If there had been an usher at the last supper, Jewish would not have been given a seat.
- J.C.: I think his name was "Judas".
- Bud: Yeah, that's what I said. "Judish", and in the "Judes", the people that killed Jesus. They named their religion after him, "Judasism". It's a well-known hysterical fact.
- Ernesto: Hola, Becky. What's wrong? Did you just find out J.C. was molested?
- Becky: You knew?
- Ernesto: No, I just guessed by your facial expression.
- Sanford: Hey, Ernesto.
- Ernesto: Hola, Sanford. What's wrong? Did you just eat a bad cheeseburger out of the garbage?
- Sanford: Yeah, I did!
- Ernesto: Ha ha ha! I am on fire today!
- [last lines of the series]
- TV News Reporter: Our top story: El Coyote has escaped! The agent responsible for the security lapse is former hero Bud Buckwald. Buckwald is best known for tying in a debate with a horse.
- Bud: Oh, damn it, I'm a laughingstock again!
- Ernesto: [opens the window] Hola, Bud. I heard what happened. Sorry Coyote escaped. Did they ever find the guys girls Ernestos? Aah! Never mind! Got to go! [storms off]
- Janice: Well, Bud, you may have lost Coyote, but you're still my hero. And on the bright side, the Department of Homeland Security adopted one of your ideas.
- Hank Azaria as Bud Buckwald
- Nicholas Gonzalez as Ernesto Gonzalez, J.C. Gonzalez (Juan Carlos), and Pablo Barracuda
- Alex Borstein as Janice Buckwald and Becky Buckwald
- Judah Friedlander as Sanford Buckwald
- Missi Pyle as Gert Buckwald
- Jacqueline Piñol as Pepito Gonzalez
- Efren Ramirez as Ruiz Gonzalez
- Carlos Alazraqui as Placido Gonzalez and El Coyote