William Henry Pratt (23 November 1887–2 February 1969) better known by his stage name Boris Karloff, was an English actor.
- It was a family name on my mother's side, and I thought my own name Pratt, if I ever got known in the theatre might be unfortunate.
Quotes about Boris Karloff
- I remember Boris Karloff saying to me, find something that nobody else can do or will do, even if it is a type of role, and you'll be the only one, and there's nothing wrong with that.
- Very grand, but so withdrawn. But he was always polite. A gentleman.
- My father was such a private and modest man. He did not really bring his career home or talk about other actors, and he lived a very conservative, circumspect life. He did not live the life of a movie star. He was a typical English gentleman. I really was not aware. I mean I knew what he did, but I was not aware of the magnitude of his stardom.
- Sara Karloff, Interview – Sara Karloff – Reflections on Boris Karloff (September 16, 2015)