Boyd K. Packer
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Boyd Kenneth Packer (September 10, 1924 – July 3, 2015) was an American religious leader and former educator, and was the president of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Happiness is inseparably connected with decent, clean behavior.
- Washed Clean Boyd K. Packer, General Conference, April 1997
- Our lives are made up of thousands of everyday choices. Over the years these little choices will be bundled together and show clearly what we value.
- 50 Years of Boyd K. Packer and Church History Boyd K. Packer, 50 Years Church History, 30 September 2011
- No one of us can survive in the world of today, much less what it will become, without personal inspiration.
- Guided by Inspiration Boyd K. Packer, Guided by Inspiration, LDS.org
- Fear is the opposite of faith.
- Do Not Fear Boyd K. Packer, April 2004
- Unwinding a habit that you have allowed to entangle you can be difficult. But the power is in you. Do not despair.
- How to Survive in Enemy Territory Boyd K. Packer, 22 January 2012
- No matter what our transgressions have been, no matter how much our actions may have hurt others, that guilt can all be wiped out. To me, perhaps the most beautiful phrase in all scripture is when the Lord said, “Behold, he who has repented of his sins, the same is forgiven, and I, the Lord, remember them no more.”
- The Atonement Boyd K. Packer, General Conference, Oct 2012
- There’s an old saying that “no matter how tall your grandpa is, you’ve got to do your own growing,” and that’s the pattern in the Church. We can teach this truth to someone, and they will say, “Well, that’s too fanciful,” and we then say to them: “Do what Joseph Smith did. Go find out for yourself.”
- The Mormons, PBS Interview, 20 July 2007