Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- What is the basis of our population at the moment — one million Roma, 700 000 Turks, 2,5 million retirees. This is what GERB is facing. And what about you — a million-and-a-half who ran away?... The human material that we are left with as voters and as a pool for recruiting staff — it is really not that big. It is easy to say: 'we rely on you'.
- Speaking to Bulgarian expatriates in Chicago, as quoted in "Mayor of Sofia insinuates that Roma, Turks and retirees are 'bad human material'" in The Telegraph (6 February 2009)
- Bulgarians then went on strikes, made barricades and burned tyres while others were working. Now its is we who are working, while other countries burn their own cities and cause problems for themselves
- Implying the 2011 London Riots 
- You are all Prime Minister candidates, Ministers, Vice Ministers, but you are all now listening to me. Not because I am physically stronger, but because I have proven my wisdom throughout the years.