Brad Douglas Paisley (born October 28, 1972) is an American singer-songwriter and musician. His style crosses between traditional country music and Southern rock, and his songs are frequently laced with humor and pop culture references.
Who Needs Pictures (1999)
- Me neither.
I'm glad that we agree.
That's a big relief.
Well, this place is awful crowded
And this music is so loud.
Would you like to go and grab a bite to eat?
- Somewhere in my closet
There's a cardboard box just sittin' on a shelf.
It's full of faded memories
And it's been there ever since the night you left.
Oh, just forgotten photographs
To remind me of the past.
Oh, but I can still see everything just fine.
Who needs pictures with a memory like mine?
Yeah, who needs pictures with a memory like mine?
- Who Needs Pictures, written by Brad Paisley, Chris DuBois and Frank Rogers.
- And then all of a sudden
Oh, it seemed so strange to me,
How we went from something's missing
To a family.
Lookin' back all I can say
About all the things he did for me
Is I hope I'm at least half the dad
That he didn't have to be.
- He Didn't Have to Be, written by Brad Paisley and Kelley Lovelace.
- And we danced;
Out there on that empty hardwood floor.
The chairs up and the lights turned way down low
The music played, we held each other close.
And we danced.
Like no one else had ever danced before.
I can't explain what happened on that floor.
But the music played,
We held each other close,
And we danced.
Yeah, we danced.
- We Danced, written by Brad Paisley and Chris DuBois.
- Well I love her;
But I love to fish.
I spend all day out on this lake
And hell is all I catch.
Today she met me at the door
Said I would have to choose.
If I hit that fishin' hole today,
She'd be packin' all her things,
And she'd be gone by noon.
Well, I'm gonna miss her
When I get home.
But right now I'm on this lake shore
And I'm sittin' in the sun.
I'm sure it'll hit me
When I walk through that door tonight
That I'm gonna miss her.
Oh, lookie there, I've got a bite.
- I've been wrapped around her finger
Since the first time we went out.
Every day and every night she's all I think about.
I need that girl beside me
When the lights go out.
I think it's time to put a ring on the finger
I'm wrapped around.
- Wrapped Around, written by Brad Paisley, Chris DuBois, and Kelley Lovelace.
- Yeah there ain't nothing not affected
When two hearts get connected.
All that is, will be, or ever was.
Every single choice we make,
Every breath we get to take,
Is all because two people fell in love.
- Two People Fell in Love, written by Brad Paisley, Kelley Lovelace, and Tim Owens.
- I know you need to go,
But before you do I want you to know, that I
Wish you the best.
And I wish you nothing less
Than every thing you've ever dreamed of.
And I hope that you find love along the way.
But most of all,
I wish you'd stay.
- I Wish You'd Stay, written by Brad Paisley and Chris DuBois.
Mud on the Tires (2003)
- 'Cause it's a good night
To be out there soakin' up the moonlight.
Stake out a little piece of shoreline.
I've got the perfect place in mind.
It's in the middle of nowhere; only way to get there
You got to get a little mud on the tires.
- Mud on the Tires, written by Brad Paisley and Chris DuBois.
- Cause when you're a Celebrity,
It's adios reality.
You can act just like a fool.
People think you're cool
Just cause you're on TV.
I can throw major fits
When my latte isn't just how I like it.
They say I've gone insane,
I'll blame it on the fame,
And the pressures that it goes with
Being a Celebrity.
- Celebrity, written by Brad Paisley.
- I know she's not perfect but she tries so hard for me
And I thank god that she isn't 'cause how boring would that be?
It's the little imperfections, it's the sudden change in plans.
When she misreads the directions and we're lost but holdin' hands.
Yeah I live for little moments like that.
- Little Moments, written by Brad Paisley and Chris DuBois.
- When she's layin' on my shoulder on the sofa in the dark
And about the time she falls asleep, so does my right arm.
And I want so bad to move it, 'cause it's tinglin' and it's numb;
But she looks so much like an angel that I don't wanna wake her up.
Yeah I live for little moments
When she steals my heart again and doesn't even know it.
Yeah I live for little moments like that.
- Little Moments
Time Well Wasted (2005)
- To the world,
You may be just another girl.
But to me,
Baby, you are the world.
- And since the day I left Milwaukee,
Lyncheburg and Bourbon, France
Been makin' a fool out of folks
Just like you,
And helpin' white people dance.
I am medicine and I am poison.
I can help you up or make you fall.
You had some of the best times
You'll never remember with me...
- Alcohol, written by Brad Paisley
- I'd like to see you out in the moonlight.
I'd like to kiss you way back in the sticks.
I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers.
And I'd like to check you for ticks.
- Ticks, written by Brad Paisley, Kelley Lovelace, and Tim Owens.
I’m out in Hollywood.
I’m 6 foot 5 and I look damn good.
Even on a slow day,
I could have a three way,
Chat with two women at one time.
I’m so much cooler online;
Yeah, I’m cooler online.
- Online, written by Brad Paisley, Chris DuBois, and Kelley Lovelace.
- And oh you got so much going for you, going right.
But I know at 17 it's hard to see past Friday night.
I wish you'd study Spanish,
I wish you'd take a typing class.
I wish you wouldn't worry, let it be.
I'd say have a little faith and you'll see.
If I could write a letter to me.
- Letter to Me, written by Brad Paisley.
- You're probably thinkin’ that you're gonna change me;
In some ways well maybe you might.
Scrub me down, dress me up.
Oh but no matter what,
Remember, I'm still a guy.
American Saturday Night (2009)
- Everyday is a revolution.
Welcome to the future.
- Welcome to the Future, written by Chris DuBois and Brad Paisley.
- Now you're my whole life;
Now you're my whole world.
I just can't believe
The way I feel about you girl.
Like a river meets the sea,
Stronger than it's ever been.
We've come so far since that day,
And I thought I loved you then.
- All you really need this time of year
Is a pair of shades
And ice cold beer.
And a place to sit somewhere near
- Water, written by Brad Paisley, Chris DuBois, and Kelley Lovelace.
- And I started wondering who he was going to be
And I thought heaven help us if hes anything like me.
He'll probably climb a tree to tall and ride hes bike to fast;
End up every summer wearin something in a cast.
He's gonna throw a ball and break some glass in a window down the street.
He's gonna get in trouble, oh he's gonna get in fights.
I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep.
It's safe to say that I'm gonna get my payback if he's anything like me.
- Anything Like Me, written by Brad Paisley, Chris DuBois, and Dave Turnbull.
This Is Country Music (2011)
- You're not supposed to say the word "cancer" in a song.
And tellin' folks Jesus is the answer can rub 'em wrong.
It ain't hip to sing about tractors, trucks, little towns, and mama, yeah that might be true.
But this is country music and we do.
- This Is Country Music, written by Brad Paisley and Chris DuBois.
- So turn it on, turn it up, and sing a long
This is real; this is your life in a song.
Yeah this is country music.
- This Is Country Music.
- She'd rather wear a pair of cut-off jeans
Than an evening dress.
And with the windows rolled down,
And her hair blowin all around,
Well, she's a hot Southern mess.
She'd take a beer over white wine.
A campfire over candle light.
And when it comes to love,
Her idea of a romantic night
- You can blend in in the country;
You can stand out in the fashion world
Being invisible to a white tail and irresistible to a redneck girl.
Oh you're my favorite color Camouflage.
- Camouflage, written by Chris DuBois, Kelley Lovelace, and Brad Paisley.
- We didn’t care if people stared;
We’d make out in a crowd somewhere.
Somebody’d tell us to get a room;
It’s hard to believe that was me and you.
Now we keep saying that we’re OK.
But I don’t want to settle for good not great.
I miss the way that it felt back then; I wanna feel that way again.