Bridgerton (2020-) is an American streaming television period drama series, airing on Netflix, created by Chris Van Dusen and produced by Shonda Rhimes. It is based on Julia Quinn's novels set in the competitive world of Regency era London's ton during the season, when debutantes are presented at court.
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Diamond of the First Water [1.01]
- Portia Featherington: And, Penelope, put down that book at once. You will confuse your thoughts.
- Queen Charlotte: Flawless, my dear.
- Daphne Bridgerton: [whispering] Did that truly just happen?
- Lady Violet Bridgerton: [quietly] Keep smiling, dearest. They are watching you... now more than ever.
- Lady Whistledown: [narrating] But as we know, the brighter a lady shines, the faster she may burn!
Shock and Delight [1.02]
- Eloise Bridgerton: How does a lady come to be with child?
- Lady Violet Bridgerton: Eloise, what a question!
- Eloise Bridgerton: I thought one needed to be married.
- Daphne Bridgerton: What are you talking about?
- Eloise Bridgerton: Apparently, it's not even a requirement.
- Lady Violet Bridgerton: Eloise, that is enough!
- Daphne Bridgerton: Oh, well..
- Lady Violet Bridgerton: Daphne, you were playing so lovely. Please do go on.
- Lady Violet Bridgerton: We will do what women do. We shall talk!
Art of the Swoon [1.03]
- Portia Featherington: Sweet child, many men make declarations of love when they want to make love. But rare is the man whose love remains true when the consequences of lovemaking are brought to his attention.
An Affair of Honor [1.04]
The Duke and I [1.05]
- Daphne Bridgerton: You see, Your Majesty, it was love at first sight.
- Simon Basset: It was not, Your Majesty. The young lady flatters me, but it was not love at first sight for either of us. There was attraction, certainly, at least on my part. But Miss Bridgerton thought me presumptuous, arrogant, insincere. All fair, really. And I thought her a prim young lady barely out of leading strings. Not to mention the sister of my best friend, and so romance was entirely out of the question for both of us. But in so removing it, we found something far greater. We found friendship. You see, Miss Bridgerton and I have been fooling all of Mayfair for quite some time. We have fooled them into thinking we are courting... when really, all along, we simply enjoyed each other's company so much we could not stay away from one another. I have never been a man that much enjoyed flirting, or chatting, or, indeed, talking at all. But with Daphne... Miss Bridgerton... conversation has always been easy. Her laughter brings me joy. To meet a beautiful woman is one thing, but to meet your best friend in the most beautiful of women is something entirely apart. And it is with my sincerest apologies, I must say it took the prince coming along for me to realize I did not want Miss Bridgerton to only be my friend. I wanted her to be my wife. I want her to be my wife. And so I plead with you... not to make us wait.
- Daphne Bridgerton: Simon...
- Queen Charlotte: You are wise... or perhaps unusually lucky to understand friendship to be the best possible foundation a marriage can have. Even if that foundation should crumble as quickly as it was built. I shall like to offer you the choice, Miss Bridgerton. Do you wish to marry this man?
- Anthony Bridgerton: You barely know the young lady. What on earth were you thinking?
- Colin Bridgerton: I was thinking you would probably respond like this and how little I would care to hear.
- Anthony Bridgerton: Do you think this is a joke? Poor Mother was beside herself.
- Colin Bridgerton: Mother seems perfectly happy to me. She congratulated us.
- Anthony Bridgerton: So, you compromised this young lady?
- Colin Bridgerton: Certainly not. I am a gentleman.
- Anthony Bridgerton: Then why ever would you...
- Colin Bridgerton: Why does anyone marry, brother? For love, of course.
- Anthony Bridgerton: Look, I know you are still rather green, and that is my fault. I should've taken you to brothels when you returned home from Eton. So if this is simply a matter of wetting your wick...
- Colin Bridgerton: You really are an ass. Do you know that?
- Anthony Bridgerton: This is what comes of not sowing your wild oats. Proposing to the first chit you set your cap at.
- Colin Bridgerton: Enough! You insult me and you insult my intended. It is not my fault, nor Marina's that you cannot fathom true attachment.
- Anthony Bridgerton: You are still a child, Colin.
- Colin Bridgerton: I'm older than Daphne and you were happy to marry her off.
- Anthony Bridgerton: It is not the same and you know it.
- Colin Bridgerton: I know nothing of the sort.
- Anthony Bridgerton: Then you betray your immaturity!
- Colin Bridgerton: If I caused Mother discomfort today, I am sorry for it. I shall speak with her. The truth is, I do not require your permission to marry Miss Thompson... but I would very much prefer to have your blessing.
- Anthony Bridgerton: Then I am afraid I must disappoint you.
- Colin Bridgerton: You have... in more ways than one.
Oceans Apart [1.07]
- Sir Henry Granville: You have no idea what it is like to be in a room with someone you cannot live without and yet you feel as though you are oceans apart. Stealing your glances, disguising your touches. We cannot as much as smile at each other without first ensuring no one else is watching. It takes courage to live outside the traditional expectations of the society.
After the Rain [1.08]
- Daphne Bridgerton: I know why you made that vow to your father. I found the letters you wrote to him as a child, and I read them.
- Simon Basset: Daphne...
- Daphne Bridgerton: Just because something is not perfect... does not make it any less worthy of love. Your father made you believe otherwise. He made you believe that you needed to be without fault in order to be loved, but he was wrong. Should you need any proof of the matter, then... Then look just here. I am tired of pretending. And I cannot continue acting as if I... As if I do not love you. Because I do. I love all of you. Even the parts that you believe are too dark and too shameful. Every scar. Every flaw. Every imperfection. I love you. You may think you are too damaged and too broken to ever allow yourself to be happy, but you can choose differently, Simon. You can choose to love me as much as I love you. That should not be up to anyone else. That cannot be up to anyone else. It can only be up to you.
- Jonathan Bailey - Anthony, Viscount Bridgerton
- Phoebe Dynevor - Daphne Bassett (née Bridgerton), Duchess of Hastings
- Ruth Gemmell - Violet, Dowager Viscountess Bridgerton
- Florence Hunt - Hyacinth Bridgerton
- Claudia Jessie - Eloise Bridgerton
- Regé-Jean Page - Simon Bassett, Duke of Hastings
- Ruby Barker - Marina Thompson
- Sabrina Bartlett - Siena Rosso
- Polly Walker - Portia, Baroness Featherington
- Ben Miller - Archibald, Baron Featherington
- Harriet Cains - Philippa Featherington
- Bessie Carter - Prudence Featherington
- Nicola Coughlan - Penelope Featherington
- Adjoa Andoh - Lady Danbury
- Lorraine Ashbourne - Mrs. Varley
- Golda Rosheuvel - Queen Charlotte
- Luke Thompson - Benedict Bridgerton
- Will Tilston - Gregory Bridgerton
- Julie Andrews - the voice of Lady Whistledown