Brigitte Bardot (born September 28, 1934) is a French actress and model, daughter of an industrialist. Also known simply as BB ("Bebe" in childhood), she is considered the embodiment of the 1950s "sex kitten".
- I have been very happy, very rich, very beautiful, much adulated, very famous, and very unhappy.
- Said in 1984, when interviewed on the occasion of her 50th birthday — as reported in Vocabulary Dictionary and Workbook (2006) by Mark Phillips, p. 17
- What could be more beautiful than a dear old lady growing wise with age? Every age can be enchanting, provided you live within it.
- I am leaving the town to the invaders: increasingly numerous, mediocre, dirty, badly behaved, shameless tourists.
- Only idiots refuse to change their minds.
- I accept differences of cultures in all countries. But unfortunately, cows are grown to be eaten, dogs are not. I accept that many people eat beef, but a cultured country does not allow its people to eat dogs.
- It is impossible to look young unless one is young.
- To experience the loneliness of soul is the hardest thing in the world.
- Women get more unhappy the more they try to liberate themselves.