Jump to navigation Jump to search
Broken Flowers is a 2005 comedy-drama film starring Bill Murray as a man who receives an anonymous letter telling him he has a 19-year-old son. He then undertakes a journey to see his old girlfriends to try and determine which one might have sent him the letter.
- Written and directed by Jim Jarmusch.
Sometimes life brings some strange surprises. taglines
- I'm a stalker in a Taurus.
- [to Lolita] That was quite an outfit you weren't wearing earlier.
- You are the Don Juan.
- Sherry: I'm like your mistress, except you're not even married.
- Penny: So, what the fuck do you want, Donnie?
- Rita: Daddy, you're not supposed to be smoking.
- Winston: Oh, no, no. This is just some assorted herbs, some cheeba.
- Don Johnston: Let me see that
- [takes a drag of cigarette]
- Don Johnston: Yep, it's just cannabis sativa.
- Don Johnston: Wanna get a drink?
- Carmen: No, I don't drink.
- Don Johnston: Later, get something to eat?
- Carmen: I don't... eat.
- Sun Green: So, what's your name?
- Don Johnston: Don Johnston.
- Sun Green: Really? Don Johnson?
- Don Johnston': No, not Johnson. Johnston, with "t".
- Don Johnston: Did I give you that necklace?
- Dora: No.
- Don Johnston: I should have.
- The Kid: So, as just a guy who gave another guy a sandwich, you have any philosophical tips or anything, for a guy on a-kind of- road trip?
- Don Johnston: You asking me?
- The Kid: Yeah.
- Don Johnston: Well, the past is gone, I know that. The future isn't here yet, whatever it's going to be. So, all there is, is this. The present. That's it.
- [after he gets punched]
- Sun Green: Are you OK?
- Don Johnston: It was just a minor misunderstanding.
- The Kid: What happened to your eye?
- Don Johnston: I, uh .., I ran into somebody. Somebody's fist.
- Don Johnston: Hold on a second. Wait. I know you think that I'm your father, don't you?
- The Kid: What?
- Don Johnston: Just tell me. You can talk to me, chief.
- The Kid: Man, you're fucked up!
- Don Johnston: Wait a second. Wait a second. Wait!
- Sometimes life brings some strange surprises.
- Bill Murray — Don Johnston
- Jeffrey Wright – Winston
- Sharon Stone – Laura Daniels Miller
- Frances Conroy – Dora Anderson
- Christopher McDonald – Ron Anderson
- Jessica Lange – Dr. Carmen Markowski
- Tilda Swinton – Penny
- Julie Delphy – Sherry
- Alexis Dziena – Lolita Miller
- Chloë Sevigny – Carmen's Assistant
- Pell James – Sun Green
- Mark Webber – The Kid
- Broken Flowers quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Broken Flowers at Rotten Tomatoes
- The official Broken Flowers site
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|