Bullshit (also bullcrap) is a common English expletive which may be shortened to the euphemism bull or the initialism BS. In British English, "bollocks" is a comparable expletive, although "bullshit" is more common. It is mostly a slang profanity term meaning "nonsense", especially in a rebuking response to communication or actions viewed as deceiving, misleading, disingenuous, unfair or false. As with many expletives, the term can be used as an interjection or as many other parts of a speech, and can carry a wide variety of meanings.
- The Democrats have to now decide whether they will continue defrauding the public with ridiculous bullshit, partisan investigations, or whether they will apologize to the American people.
- President Donald Trump, as quoted in Trump, in fiery first rally since Mueller vindication, calls on Dems to stop 'ridiculous bullsh--', Fox News
- You know what? There's a jetstream of bullshit coming out of your mouth, my friend ...
- One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit.
- The people in the government who were voted into power are lying to us. And us kids seem to be the only ones who notice and our parents to call BS.
Companies trying to make caricatures of the teenagers these days, saying that all we are self-involved and trend-obsessed and they hush us into submission when our message doesn't reach the ears of the nation, we are prepared to call BS.
Politicians who sit in their gilded House and Senate seats funded by the NRA telling us nothing could have been done to prevent this, we call BS.
They say tougher guns laws do not decrease gun violence. We call BS.
They say a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun. We call BS.
They say guns are just tools like knives and are as dangerous as cars. We call BS.
They say no laws could have prevented the hundreds of senseless tragedies that have occurred. We call BS.
That us kids don't know what we're talking about, that we're too young to understand how the government works. We call BS.
If you agree, register to vote. Contact your local congresspeople. Give them a piece of your mind.
- Emma González, in speech at Fort Lauderdale, Florida (17 February 2018), as quoted in "Florida student Emma Gonzalez to lawmakers and gun advocates: 'We call BS'", CNN (17 February 2018)
- I need some fresh air, the stench of the bullshit is choking me.
- Henno (Ross Kemp), Ultimate Force
- When I went to Methodist youth fellowship, we were taught that the Catholics were all going to go to hell because they worship idols. So right there, I'm saying to myself, "Catholics are going to go to hell, but my aunt Molly married a Catholic and she converted and she's got 11 kids and they're all pretty nice and one of them's my good friend – they're all going to go to hell?" I'm thinking to myself, "This is bullshit." And if that's bullshit, how much of the rest of it is bullshit?
- Let the bullshit blow in the breeze.
- Pharcyde, Labcabincalifornia (1995)
- He has a BS in BS.
- Lethal Weapon 4 (1998)
- Good luck walks and bullshit flies.
- "Intermission", by the Scissor Sisters
- Achoo! … Sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit.
- Detective Spooner I, Robot (2004) written by Jeff Vintar and Akiva Goldsman
- Everyone has a belief system, B.S., the trick is to learn not to take anyone's B.S. too seriously, especially your own.