Bullshit (also bullcrap) is a common English expletive which may be shortened to the euphemism bull or the initialism BS. In British English, "bollocks" is a comparable expletive, although "bullshit" is more common. It is mostly a slang profanity term meaning "nonsense", especially in a rebuking response to communication or actions viewed as deceiving, misleading, disingenuous, unfair or false. As with many expletives, the term can be used as an interjection or as many other parts of a speech, and can carry a wide variety of meanings.
- You know what? There's a jetstream of bullshit coming out of your mouth, my friend ...
- One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit.
- I need some fresh air, the stench of the bullshit is choking me.
- Henno (Ross Kemp), Ultimate Force
- When I went to Methodist youth fellowship, we were taught that the Catholics were all going to go to hell because they worship idols. So right there, I'm saying to myself, "Catholics are going to go to hell, but my aunt Molly married a Catholic and she converted and she's got 11 kids and they're all pretty nice and one of them's my good friend – they're all going to go to hell?" I'm thinking to myself, "This is bullshit." And if that's bullshit, how much of the rest of it is bullshit?
- Let the bullshit blow in the breeze.
- Pharcyde, Labcabincalifornia (1995)
- He has a BS in BS.
- Lethal Weapon 4 (1998)
- Good luck walks and bullshit flies.
- "Intermission", by the Scissor Sisters
- Achoo! … Sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit.
- Detective Spooner I, Robot (2004) written by Jeff Vintar and Akiva Goldsman
- Everyone has a belief system, B.S., the trick is to learn not to take anyone's B.S. too seriously, especially your own.