Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bulworth is a 1998 film about a suicidally disillusioned liberal politician who puts a contract out on himself and takes the opportunity to be bluntly honest with his voters by affecting the rhythms and speech of hip-hop music and culture.
- Written and directed by Warren Beatty.
Brace yourself. This politician is about to tell the truth!
Sen. Jay Billington Bulworth
- All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open-ended program of procreative racial deconstruction. Everybody just gotta keep fuckin' everybody 'til they're all the same color.
- Have a drink, Murphy. Live your life.
- "let me hear that dirty word Socialism."
- Bulworth: What is it exactly you're concerned about, Murphy?
- Dennis Murphy: I'm concerned that you stood up in front of three hundred people in a black church and told them that they were not a factor and never would be as long as we remain in the pocket of the insurance lobby! I'm concerned that you went to a fundraiser in Beverly Hills and told various leaders of the entertainment industry that they make a lousy product, and since many of them also happen to be Jewish, you decided the PRUDENT thing to do would be to MOCK their Jewish paranoia! I'm concerned that we are in an after-hours club in Compton on the eve of the most important event of the campaign swing, where God knows how much illegal activity is taking place and YOU are SMOKING MARIJUANA! Now, Senator - I work for you. You call the shots. But I will be able to do my job so much better if you will just simply tell me ... what is this new strategy? Just tell me a little bit!
- [Bulworth exhales smoke into Murphy's face]
- Angry black woman: Are you sayin' the Democratic Party don't care about the African-American community?
- Bulworth: Isn't that OBVIOUS? You got half your kids are out of work and the other half are in jail. Do you see ANY Democrat doing anything about it? Certainly not me! So what're you gonna do, vote Republican? Come on! Come on, you're not gonna vote Republican! Let's call a spade a spade!
- [Loud, angry booing]
- Bulworth: I mean - come on! You can have a Billion Man March! If you don't put down that malt liquor and chicken wings, and get behind someone other than a running back who stabs his wife, you're NEVER gonna get rid of somebody like me!
- Bulworth quotes at the Internet Movie Database
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|