The Cable News Network (CNN) is a multinational news channel and website headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S. Founded in 1980 by American media proprietor Ted Turner and Reese Schonfeld as a 24-hour cable news channel, and presently owned by the Manhattan-based media conglomerate Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD), CNN was the first television channel to provide 24-hour news coverage and the first all-news television channel in the United States.
|This article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.
- "I arrived at CNN with a suitcase, a bicycle and a hundred dollars." ~ Christian Amanpour
- "There's too much unnecessary news—the deviations of the day or someone who shot seven people at a frat party. Who needs all that?" ~ Ted Turner
- Dumb Bastards." ~ Donald Trump on CNN
- "Playing by the rules of Entebbe in the world of CNN and Al Jazeera is a failure for its own sake." ~ Avi Nesher
- In a society where there is no freedom of the press, it is difficult for victims to be noticed. Just take the example from yesterday: I had given a telephone interview to CNN. Then, suddenly, CNN was shut down for a couple of minutes. It was the first time I experienced that my television went totally dead. I realized: Oh my God, it’s because of me. This is crazy! Which nation would do that? Maybe Cuba, North Korea, China. But what do they want, what are they so afraid of?
- "These people have no work, no food, no education, no future. There are two things we can do, we can help or we can watch this country destroy itself on CNN." ~ From the movie Black Hawk Down