Call of Duty (series)
(Redirected from COD4)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Call of Duty
- 2 Call of Duty 2
- 3 Call of Duty 3
- 4 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- 5 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- 6 Iconic Monologues of Cpt. Price
- 7 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- 8 Call of Duty: World At War
- 9 Call of Duty: Black Ops
- 10 Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- 11 Call of Duty: Ghosts
- 12 Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 13 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
- 14 See also
- 15 External links
Call of Duty
- Capt. Price: [Being rescued from a prison] Well.. Goodness me, Americans! Made quite a racket didn't you? That's quite alright [grunts], I can still walk.
- Sgt. Moody: Elder, ever steal a car?
- Elder: Only when I need one, Sarge.
- Commissar: [addressing soldiers on a ferry to Stalingrad] Comrades, this day will be the proudest day you've ever lived! You will fight the fascist Nazi invaders with all your strength! For each and every fallen Soviet soldier, you will make them pay with ten of theirs. There will be no mercy for defeatists, cowards or traitors. Anyone caught deserting his post, will...be...shot! Remember, great Comrade Stalin's orders: Not one step backward. You will be well equipped for the battles that lie ahead. You will have food, water, weapons and plenty of ammunition. What did you suppose the Germans have? Nothing! Their supply lines are stretched too thin; their dash to the Volga has left them without the strength to bring us a proper fight. With our superior strength and numbers, and our boundless courage, victory is ours! We shall stop the Fascist invaders there - at Stalingrad! [The commissar is interrupted by German dive-bombers)
Call of Duty 2
- Capt. Price: Well that's a spot of luck! Not bad McGregor, nice find! Right, listen up, we're finished here! Well done boys!
- Pvt. MacGregor: [carrying a crate of alcohol] Aye, I'll drink to that sir!
- Soldier 1: You hear that Norman has been sent home?
- Soldier 2: Lucky bastard.
- Soldier 1: That "lucky bastard" lost his leg.
- Soldier 2: Well, at least he's out of this bleeding desert!
- Pvt. MacGregor: Sir, are we there yet?
- Sgt. Carver: NO! Stop asking and watch for Jerries.
Call of Duty 3
- Dixon: Alright, listen up. Today we're on a secret mission to get coffee and donuts. Problem is, the Germans drank all the coffee and ate all the donuts. So now, we gotta go kick their asses.
- Huxley: Or we could just stay back at the base, and eat those nice French rolls they got.
- Guzzo: [Addressing the squad] I'm Guzzo. One rule: You're no good to me dead. [He leaves]
- Soldier: [At Nichols] What kind of pep-talk was that?
- Huxley: You want inspiration, Private? Read a poem.
- Corporal Keith: [after Ingram and Marcel save Keith and Doyle] Jolly good timing, Major!
- Major Gerald Ingram: [gesturing to Marcel] Thank the quiet one, there. And not just for that save, he also gave us the plans for the Bosch's fuel depot.
- Keith: Or he's baiting a trap!
- Ingram: LaRoche trusts him.
- Keith: That makes one of us.
- Pierre LaRoche: Marcel is one of our most trusted men, corporal.
- Keith: That's not saying much.
- LaRoche: You seemed to like us well enough when we saved your lives. Perhaps next time we won't be as charitable...
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- Gaz: Good news first. The world's in great shape. We've got a civil war in Russia, government loyalists against Ultranationalist rebels, and 15,000 nukes at stake.
- Cpt. Price: Just another day at the office.
- Gaz: Khaled al-Asad. Currently the second-most powerful man in the Middle East. Word on the street is that he's got the minerals to be top dog down there. Intel's keeping an eye on him.
- Price: And the bad news?
- Gaz: We've got a new guy joining us today, fresh out of Selection. His name's Soap.
- Cpt. Pelayo: I'm hit!... Keating is KIA! Hostiles moving in fast! I could sure use some help down here!
- Outlaw Two-Five: Hold on, we're coming to ya.
- Lt. Vasquez: We got 90 seconds, Jackson! Get the pilot! No one gets left behind! Jackson! Pull her out of there and get back to the LZ! Do it! [Jackson pulls Pelayo out of the helicopter wreck] Get to the Seaknight! We'll hold down these corners. Go!
- Outlaw Two-Five: Lt. Vasquez, this is Outlaw Two-Five, now would be a good time to get the hell outta here, over.
- Vasquez: Roger that, we're on our way!
- Command: Outlaw, this is Command. We have a probable nuclear threat in the capital. Proceed to the minimum safe distance until the all clear is given by the NEST team. [moments later, while the chopper is escaping the city] All callsigns, this is Command. We have a confirmed nuclear threat in the city. NEST teams are attempting to disarm. I repeat- [radio cuts out as nuke goes off]
- SSgt. Griggs [about al-Asad]: Well, we got that bastard.
- Cpt. Price: Still, he's not the one responsible for killing your Marines. Sorry, mate.
- Gaz: Imran Zakhaev, eh? That man's a ghost. Intel says he's gone underground.
- Price: Well I got a plan to find him.
- Griggs: I'm listening... daddy's boy!
- Price: Zakhaev's son. Commander of the Ultranationalist forces in the field... rotten apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The loyalist Kamarov has got a location on the kid.
- Griggs: Uh, and the little punk will know how to find Zakhaev?
- Gaz: The sins of our fathers...
- Griggs: Heh, ain't it a bitch?
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- NORAD HQ: Sand Bravo, we're reading 70 bogeys in your sector, please verify.
- Nome AFB: Very funny, station. That's a big negative, over.
- Tech Voice: Yeah might be a glitch in one of the ACS modules...
- NORAD HQ: Sand Bravo, be advised, running diagnostics to scan for malfunction.
- Nome AFB: The skies are clear, station. You got yourself some phantom dots, over.
- NORAD HQ: Zulu X-ray Six. Signs in your sector of some 100 bogeys, please advise.
- Vandenberg AFB: Negatory, station. Scope is clear, I don't know what to tell ya. Solar interference? Heavy sunspot activity today.
- NORAD HQ: Sierra Delta, uh.... we may have a minor ACS fault here. Do you have anything on your scope?
- Air Traffic Control: [radio transmission] They're everywhere!
- NORAD HQ: Sierra Delta! Repeat!
- Air Traffic Control: [air-raid sirens wail in the background] I'm looking at fighter jets over I-95! How the hell did they get through?!
- NORAD HQ: Standby, attempting to contact the nearest unit in that sector.
- Sgt. Foley: I read you. This is First Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment. Sergeant Foley, acting command of Hunter 2-1. Do you copy, over?
- NORAD HQ: All Stations, be advised. Satellite surveillance has been disabled. SOSUS and Pave Paws arrays are inoperative at this time...Lieutenant General Shepherd: Five years ago, I lost 30,000 men in the blink of an eye and the world just fuckin' watched. Tomorrow, there will be no shortage of volunteers, no shortage of patriots. I know you understand.
- Gaz: Your fruit killing skills are remarkable.
Iconic Monologues of Cpt. Price
- Cpt John Price:
- "The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take... inventory. Outgunned. Outnumbered. Out of our minds on a suicide mission, but the sands and rocks here stained with thousands of years of warfare... they will remember us for this. Because out of all our vast array of nightmares, this is the one we choose for ourselves. We go forward like a breath exhaled from the Earth. With vigor in our hearts and one goal in sight: We. Will. Kill him."
- — Captain Price's speech in the cutscene of Just Like Old Times. - MW2
- "This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost. Shepherd will be a hero, 'cause all you need to change the world is one good lie and a river of blood. He's about to complete the greatest trick a liar ever played on history. His truth will be the truth. But only if he lives, and we die."
- — Captain Price's speech in the intro to Endgame. - MW2
- "They say truth is the first casualty of war. But who defines what's true? [...] Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent, and sometimes that means preserving the lie of good and evil—that war isn't just natural selection played out on a grand scale. [...] The only truth I found is that the world we live in is a giant tinderbox. All it takes...is someone to light the match."
- — Price narrating, during the Turbulence mission pre-cutscene
- "There's a simplicity to war. Attacking is the only secret. Dare—and the world yields. How quickly they forget that all it takes to change the course of history...is the will of a single man."
- — Price, during the "Dust to Dust" mission pre-cutscene.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Makarov: [from intro] All warfare is based on deception. For years, the West's hypocrisy has made the world a battlefield. The corrupt talk, while our brothers and sons spill their own blood. But deceit cuts both ways. The bigger the lie, the more likely people will believe it. And when a nation cries for vengeance, the lie spreads like a wildfire. The fire builds, devouring everything in its path. Our enemies believe that they alone dictate the course of history... And all it takes is the will, of a single man.
- Vladmir Makarov: You know who I am?
- President Boris Vorshevsky: Yes.
- Makarov: Then you know what I want.
- Vorshevsky: You're insane.
- Makarov: Russia will take all of Europe, even if it must stand on a pile of ashes. [steps forward] I want the launch codes, Mr. President.
- Vorshevsky: You'll never get them.
- Makarov: [pause] Every man has his weakness. [to his men] Find the girl.
- Makarov: [Receives a call] Who is this?
- Captain Price: Prisoner 6-2-7. I'm coming for you, Makarov.
- Makarov: Haven't you heard, Price? They say the war is over.
- Price: My war ends with you.
- Makarov: Like it ended for Captain MacTavish? Tell me, Price: how long did it take him to die? I've destroyed your world piece by piece. It's only a matter of time until I find you.
- Price: You won't have to look far.
Call of Duty: World At War
- Cpl. Roebuck: [after saving Private Miller from being executed by a Japanese soldier] Miller, you're alive! Thank God. We're gonna make 'em pay for what they've done.
- Sgt. Sullivan: [choking a Japanese soldier to death] Fuckers! [hands Miller a helmet and a pistol] Grab a rifle! We're gonna tear this place apart!
- [A group of Russian soldiers have cornered a German]-
- Russian 1: He wants mercy.
- Russian 2: You do not deserve mercy!
- Russian 3: What mercy did you show to our brothers?!
- Russian 2: [aims his gun at the German] Time to die!
- Russian 1: Wait! Wait! He may help us...
- Russian 2: Help us? He can die for us! [shoots the German in the head]
- Russian 3: Pff, mudak!
- Pvt. Chernov: This is not war, this is murder!
- Sgt. Reznov: This is how you end a war, Chernov!
- Commissar Markhov: [over a loudspeaker] Citizens of Berlin! A ring of steel surrounds your rotten city! We will crush all who dare resist the will of the Red Army! Abandon your posts! Abandon your homes! Abandon all hope! URA!!
Call of Duty: Black Ops
- John F. Kennedy: [talking with Alex Mason in a bunker under the Pentagon] We are in grave danger from the Communists. Our freedom...our very way of life is at risk. [pushes forth a folder with a photo of Nikita Dragovich, the main villain] Dragovich. I'm told you are the very best that we have, anywhere. You will need to be. Mr. Mason, take care of it.
- Viktor Reznov: [addressing the inmates of Vorkuta during the riot] Brave comrades of Vorkuta, the time has come to rise against our oppressors! Today, we show them the hearts of true Russians! We have all given our blood for our land. We have answered it's calls without question. We gave our youth, our hearts, our very souls for it's protection. As brothers, we fought side by side against the German fascists. We crawled through dirt and blood and sand to achieve our glorious victory. Not for medals or glory...but for what was right. We fought for revenge...When Berlin fell, how did our leaders repay us? We returned not to the rapturous welcome...but to suspicion and persecution. In the eyes of our leaders we were already tainted by the capitalist West. Torn from the arms of our loved ones, we found ourselves here... this place... this, this terrible place. Here we have languished, with no hope for release... No hope for justice. We have toiled in Dragovich's mines until the flesh peeled from our bones... We have watched our comrades succumb to sickness and disease... We have been starved. We have been beaten - but we will not be broken! Today, we will send a message to our corrupt and arrogant leaders. Today, my comrades... Vorkuta - BURNS!!!
- [Mason beats up Dragovich]
- Mason: You tried to fuck my mind! YOU FAILED!
- Dragovich: You don't know ANYTHING...
- Mason: You tried to turn me against my own! You tried to make me KILL my own President!
- Dragovich: [smirking] Tried?
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Frank Woods: If Russia wins in Afghanistan, they'll be looking at China next.
- Alex Mason: No one likes the Russians, huh?
- Frank Woods: You know me... I don't like anyone.
- Raul Menendez: Martyr me for Cordis Die.
- Frank Woods: I swear to God, I will shove this wheelchair right up your...
- Alex Mason: [finishes Wood's sentence] ass. Woods...you look like hammered shit.
- Woods: No,you stay away from me. [touches Alex to see if he is real] Mason...I shot you.
- Mason: Turns out you are a lousy shot.
- Woods: My ass. Where the fuck you been the last 30 years?
Call of Duty: Ghosts
- David "Hesh" Walker: Dad taught us many things, but one lesson always stood out. Good men are defined by the choices they make. Logan and I made a choice, a promise. To the fallen Ghosts before us. To Dad. We'd fight Rorke and We'd stop him...no matter the cost.
- Gabriel T. Rorke: Look at what you did. [Rorke kicks Hesh, and turns to Logan] you're good. You would have been a hell of a Ghost. But that's not gonna happen. There ain't gonna be any Ghosts... we're gonna destroy them together.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- [Jonathan Irons addresses the UN General Assembly]
- Jonathan Irons: I am honored to be the first CEO of a private corporation to become a member of the United Nations Security Council. Unfortunately, my appearance today has been clouded by a flurry of speculation that my company is developing a weapon of mass destruction which would be capable of targeting specific ethnic groups. I want to address these allegations head on. Are we developing such a weapon? No we are not [Assembly members applaud]... because we've already developed it. [Assembly members aghast] But with all due respect, the United Nations is a relic from a different time when nations were unique in their ability to solve the world's problems, but that just isn't the case anymore, primarily because you have you have outsourced the job to me. I have sent people to die in your wars. So I feel uniquely qualified to tell you, your wars don't work! Which is why my priorities have changed; from profits to policy, because politicians don't know how to solve problems, but I do. So let's be clear. I am here to solve the world's problems and I believe the world's problems begin [points fingers at a restive audience] with you.
- Jonathan Irons: Democracy? Democracy? Democracy is not what these people need. Damn, it's not even what they want. America has been trying to install democracies in nations for a century and it hasn't worked one time. These countries don't have the most basic building blocks to support a democracy. Little things like, "we ought to be tolerant of those that disagree with us." "We ought to be tolerant of those who worship a different god than us!" That a journalist ought to be able to disagree with the fucking president! And you think you can just march into these countries based on some fundamentalist, religious principles, drop a few bombs, topple a dictator and start a democracy? Give me a break! People don't want freedom. They want boundaries and rules. Protection, from invaders and from themselves. People need a leader who can give them both the support and constraints to keep chaos at bay. You give them that, and they'll follow. And that's where I come in.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
- [The SCAR team led by Dan 'Wolf' Lyall has just repelled SDF intruders from a base on Europa - all three lie in the snowy wilderness, their oxygen supplies running low.]
- Sipes: T?
- Tee: Yeah.
- Sipes: Wolf?
- Wolf: We need air.
- Sipes: Comin' to ya. [crawls towards Wolf, but a pair of SDF soldiers run in and restrain him and Tee. One of them begins viciously hammering the butt of his rifle against the visor of Sipes' helmet when a gunshot rings out - Admiral Salen Kotch, flanked by two C6 SDF military robots, interrupts the proceedings.]
- Adm. Salen Kotch: Get him up, he needs air. [SDF soldiers lift up Wolf, and Kotch kneels down and connects an oxygen canister to his suit.] Catch your breath, trooper.
- [One of the SDF soldiers approaches Kotch, kneeling beside him.]
- SDF Lieutenant: Admiral Kotch. Gun destroyed. Data retrieved. Initiating RIAH.
- Kotch: [nods; to Wolf] How many did you come with?
- Wolf: We're it.
- Kotch: What about the airship we shot down?
- Wolf: [looks at Sipes and Tee.] My men need medical.
- Kotch: ...You care about your men? [stands up, steps away, and aims his sidearm at Sipes - but instead shoots the SDF Lieutenant in the chest, puncturing his suit. He kneels back down, grabbing Wolf.] Care clouds judgment... That is why you cannot win. This place...[looks around, and glares directly into Wolf’s helmet cam] ...isn't yours anymore. [removes oxygen tank, and Wolf immediately begins gasping for air. to soldier] Kill them. [walks away, discarding the canister, as the C6s move over to Sipes and Tee] And save the bullet.
- [C6s crush Sipes' and Tee's heads beneath their feet, and Capt. Bradley Fillion knocks Wolf to the ground with the rear end of his gun. Wolf sees another SDF infantryman plant a flag on Europa's surface, before Fillion straddles him and punches his visor repeatedly, shattering it.]