Cardcaptor Sakura (カードキャプターさくら , Kādokyaputā Sakura?), also known as Card Captor Sakura (with the space) and often abbreviated as CCS, is a magical girl manga series from the well-known all-female artist team CLAMP. It is about a girl named Sakura Kinomoto who opens a book one day and becomes the "cardcaptor"-someone charged with collecting the Clow Cards, which were scattered from the book. She is helped by Syaoran Li, Cerberus (nicknamed Kero by Sakura), and her friend Tomoyo Daidouji. Throughout both the manga and anime series, Syaoran and Sakura have feelings for one another, which they finally reveal to each other in the end.
In 2018, a second anime series, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, is set take place two years after The Sealed Card movie.
- 1 Season Three
- 1.1 The New Transfer Student
- 1.2 The Thread That Binds
- 1.3 Li's Calling
- 1.4 Episode 55 (Sakura and Sakura in Wonderland)
- 1.5 Episode 57 (Sakura, Syaoran and the Elevator)
- 1.6 Episode 59 (Sakura, Tomoyo and the Ball Trap)
- 1.7 Episode 64 (Sakura and the Snow-blowing Ski School)
- 1.8 Sakura's Most Beloved Person
- 1.9 Sakura, the Past and Clow Reed
- 1.10 Sakura and the True Feelings
- 2 Feature Films (2002-2005)
- 3 About Cardcaptor Sakura
- 4 Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card (2018)
- 5 External links
The New Transfer Student
- Eriol: It feels like, this isn't the first time we met.
- Sakura: Weird, isn't it?
- Eriol: We might have met before, in a past life. [Standing up] May I ask your name?
- Sakura: M-my name is Kinomoto Sakura.
- Eriol: Named from the beautiful flower that blooms in the spring. May I call you Sakura-san?
- Sakura: Sure, Hiiragizawa-kun.
- Eriol: Please call me me Eriol. [Reaches for Sakura's hand to help her up]
- Sakura: [Takes his hand] Okay, Eriol-kun.
- Syaoran: [fuming, a vein popping and making gushing noises]
- Tomoyo: This looks like a promising scene from a shoujo manga!
- Syaoran: (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!)
The Thread That Binds
- Sakura: Teddy bears yes! Yes! Lots of teddy bears! Yes!
- Syaoran: [Sees Sakura and Tomoyo and hides]
- Sakura: It would be so great if everyone got what they wanted.
- Tomoyo: Yes it would.
- Syaoran: [Watching]
- Eriol: Sakura-san is really cute you know.
- Syaoran: I...me and her...there's nothing...uh. [runs away]
- Eriol: [Smiles]
- Syaoran: [staring at Sakura turning bright magenta and his heart beating wildly]
- Sakura: [turns around] Li-kun!
- Syaoran: [turns even redder and runs away] She was just--just standing there and my heart goes. Could it be? The same feelings as I had for him? [Yukito] was the only one that made me feel fuzzy warm and now she... [hops over a fence]
- Yue: You have Clow's blood (Syaoran is Clow's descendant) and confuse that with seeing Yukito. You are only attracted to his power of the moon.
- Syaoran: Power of the moon?
- Yue: Right. If you look deep inside your heart, you will see the one you truely love. Your true feelings.
- Syaoran: True feelings? What about…
- Yue: Figure out the rest on your own [turns back into Yukito]
- Yukito: [looking dazed] How did I get to such a place? Oh *hands Syaoran the bear he made for Sakura* You dropped this. You should give it to the person you made it for.
- Syaoran: [looks at the bear intently]
Episode 55 (Sakura and Sakura in Wonderland)
- Sakura: [reading Alice in Wonderland] It would be so great to be in a world like that. [doesn't realize Tomoyo and Syaoran are watching her and that Eriol's approaching]
- Eriol: [gives her a leaf] Use this as a book mark!
- Sakura: Thank you Eriol-kun [smiles]
- Eriol: Ahh, you're reading Alice? I really like that book.
- Sakura: You read it?
- Eriol: A long time ago.
- Sakura: What's England like?
- Eriol: It's rainy and foggy a lot, but I like all the old buildings. Would you like to go to Alice's world?
- Sakura: Hoe?
- Tomoyo: I guess Hiiragizawa-kun means by taking her to Alice's world, taking her to England and meeting his family.
- Syaoran: [fuming and clenching fists]
- Syaoran: [runs to Eriol and Sakura waving his arms wildly] HOMEROOM IS STARTING!
- Tomoyo: [smiling] The situation has upped again.
Episode 57 (Sakura, Syaoran and the Elevator)
- Sakura: [On the phone with Syaoran] When I fell out of the elevator I heard you call me by my first name, Sakura. It makes me feel as though we've become even closer friends. Can I call you "Syaoran-kun"?
- Syaoran: [blushes] Do what you want. [hangs up phone, looks out the window and smiles]
Episode 59 (Sakura, Tomoyo and the Ball Trap)
- Syaoran: Sakura?
- Sakura: Yes?
- Syaoran: [taking off his hat and blushing] I... think I... you... lik... like...(Ore wa... omae ga... omae ga... suk... suk...)
- Kero: Sakura! Come pose with me!
- Syaoran: [crushes his hat and sighs]
Episode 64 (Sakura and the Snow-blowing Ski School)
- Syaoran: [looking at the fire and thinking of Sakura; sighs] Sakura...
- Sakura: [appearing behind him] What?
- Syaoran: [freaks out inside, but remains calm on the outside] What?
- Sakura: I thought I heard you call my name.[Sakura and Syaoran are sitting by the fire. Earlier, Sakura was scared of Eriol's ghost story, so Syaoran stopped him with the excuse that it was too late.]
- Sakura: ありがとうございます。 Arigatou Gozaimasu.(Thank you for today.)
- Syaoran: It was nothing.
- Sakura: [giggles] You always say "It was nothing" but that's not true because you really are very kind.
- Syaoran: [blushing] Why do you say that?
- Sakura: Oh look! It's snowing!
- [Sakura runs outside and Syaoran watches her dancing in the snow, blushing like a madman]
- Sakura: This bear is really cute. [pointing to a big bear statue] What about the bear you were working on? Yukito-san will be very glad to receive it.
- Syaoran: I don't really have feelings for him, I was just attracted to the power of the moon he gives off as Yue. The bear's not for him. I love someone else.
- Sakura: だれ。 Dare? (Who?)
- Syaoran: Sa...
- Sakura: [interrupts] ごめん。 Gomen. (Sorry.)
- Syaoran: Eh? [face faults]
- Sakura: I shouldn't have been so nosy. I'm sorry. Let's go back inside.
- Syaoran: [sighs]
Sakura's Most Beloved Person
- Syaoran: [blushing heavily] I'll walk you home
- Sakura: Thank you, but can you do me a favor?
- Syaoran: What?
- Sakura: Let's go to the park. [in the park]
- Sakura: Today, I told Yukito-san that I loved him.
- Syaoran: Oh..d-did you?
- Sakura: [nods] But he said that one I love most wasn't him.
- Syaoran: Eh?
- Sakura: He said I loved him like I loved my father, but there's someone he loves not like a father. And I'm happy because I love this person too. Tomoyo even said the greatest happiness is when the one you love is happy. And for me, I'm happy knowing Yukito-san will be happy.
- Syaoran: [eyes widen]
- Sakura: [with tears in her eyes] But for some reason, I can't help but cry. I don't want to cry in front of Yukito-san, because I'm sure it would make him feel bad. I understand what he was saying I really do. [bursts into tears]
- Syaoran: [fights with himself mentally, gets off the swing and interrupts]
- Syaoran: I know. [hands her a handkerchief] I understand. [smiles]
- Sakura: [takes handkerchief] Thank you. [faces Syaoran and then puts her head on his shoulder] Yukito-san said that someday I'll find someone who I love the most, and he will love me the most too. [tears drip from her face]
- Syaoran: [looks sad for a moment then smiles] It would be nice if you could find him.
- Sakura: [nods]
- Syaoran: [closes his eyes and puts his arms around Sakura, whispering] Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find him.
- Sakura: [sobbing] Thank you.
Sakura, the Past and Clow Reed
- Yue: Explain yourself!
- Clow Reed: Just what I said, Yue. Today, I will leave this world.
- Keroberos: That is not a joke I can laugh at.
- Clow Reed: Unfortunately, it is no joke.
- Yue: But why!!?
- Clow Reed: My time has come.
- Keroberos: Your time? But you are the world's most powerful sorcerer. You made us, you made the Clow Cards.
- Clow Reed: Nevertheless, the end must come for all living beings.
Sakura and the True Feelings
- Sakura: [walking home and sees Syaoran on the bridge] Syaoran-kun...
- Syaoran: [not looking at her and squeezing his hand in nervousness] I wanted to say... when I first came to Japan, my head was so filled with fulfilling my mission and catching the Clow Cards. I didn't care who got in my way. But you, you always cared about the people around you and it showed. I did nothing but get in your way.
- Sakura: That's not true! You helped me so much when we were catching the cards!
- Syaoran: Well, that's what I wanted to say. Thank you, it's truly a good thing that I met you. :[runs away]
- Sakura: Wait Syaoran-kun... I don't know how I feel about you...
- Sakura: Syaoran-kun!
- Syaoran: But why... [his butler approaches with the teddy bear]
- Sakura: 私。。 Watashi... (I..) [Both Sakura and Syaoran blush]
- Wei: Syaoran-sama... Take this. [giving Syaoran his teddy bear that Syaoran left on his room]
- Sakura: That bear... Can I have it?
- Sakura: また会えるね？ Mata aeru, ne? (We'll meet again, right?)
Feature Films (2002-2005)
Cardcaptor Sakura: The Movie
- Sakura: I sense a presence.
The Sealed Card
- The Nothing Card: I have been all alone; sealed away in a dark, cold place. I finally have my friends back! Why are interfering!?
- Sakura: That's not how you make friends!! Forcibly making them yours doesn't make them your friends!! It's not right! It's not!!
- (All 52 Sakura Cards appear around NOTHING)
- The Nothing: Why are you all abandoning me? Is that you hate me? Are we never going to be friends?
- (Cries, as the Cards' create a path for their young master to reach her)
- Sakura: It's all right. Come and join everyone else.
- The Nothing Card: You mean, I'll no longer be alone?
- Sakura: No. They're all saying that they want you to come.
- The Hope Card: Don't cry. It's all right.
About Cardcaptor Sakura
- It’s common in girls’ manga for a character to transform, as Sailor Moon and her fellow Sailor Guardians do, and we wanted to incorporate that into ‘Sakura. But many of them always wear the same outfit, so we wanted to add a twist. We feel it’s pretty sad for a girl to wear the same outfit all the time
- Ageha Ohkawa, Four Mothers of Manga Gain American Fans With Expertise in a Variety of Visual Styles, The New York Times, November 28, 2006.