Cardcaptor Sakura (カードキャプターさくら , Kādokyaputā Sakura?), also known as Card Captor Sakura (with the space) and often abbreviated as CCS, is a magical girl manga series from the well-known all-female artist team CLAMP. It is about a girl named Sakura Kinomoto who opens a book one day and becomes the "cardcaptor"-someone charged with collecting the Clow Cards, which were scattered from the book. She is helped by Syaoran Li, Cerberus (nicknamed Kero by Sakura), and her friend Tomoyo Daidouji. Throughout both the manga and anime series, Syaoran and Sakura have feelings for one another, which they finally reveal to each other in the end.
In 2018, an additional anime series, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, takes place two years after the movie Sakura and the Sealed Card. A second season is in consideration in 2021.
Sakura and the Mysterious Book
- Cerberus: And who used this to scatter all the cards?
- Sakura: Well, who fell asleep and didn't guard the cards?
- Cerberus: Clow Cards. When unleashed, they will bring chaos to the world. They are special cards created by a magician named Clow Reed. Each one is alive and has its own special powers. They do as they please, and on top of that, ordinary people can't control them. That's why Clow made this book and put me, the guardian beast, on the cover.
- Sakura: (about Cerberus) Batteries...? Where's the switch...? Where's the voice coming from?
- Cerberus: I am not a toy!!!! I am Cerberus, the guardian beast of this book.
- Cerberus: Well, do something, you're the Cardcaptor.
- Sakura: And you're the supposedly intelligent guardian that knows all about the cards!
Sakura's Wonderful Friend
- Sakura: Why did you tag along!?
- Kero: Well, I wanted to get a glimpse of how the Cardcaptor usually spends her day.
- Sakura: I've been saying, I can't be the Cardcaptor!
- Kero: Humble, so humble...
- Kero: What is it?
- Sakura: A plush toy?
- Kero: You're still not awake, come on. Get a grip! (Kero hits Sakura on the head)
Sakura's Heart-Racing First Date
- Sakura: (after Touya ate her pancake) You're so mean! (starts hitting Touya) You ate without asking! Those were the hot cakes I bought with my allowance!
- Kero: Come to think, you're right. There's no way you would drown, Sakura. You don't have much beyond your athletic abilities.
- Sakura: What do you mean, not much else? I won't give you hot cakes anymore, then!
- Kero: (about Sakura and Yukito) What, they're not even holding hands? Kids nowadays...
- Kid: Mr. Plush Toy!
- Kero: Young one...You'll get hurt if you mess with me.
- Kero: It's hard to capture things with no solid shape, like water. Watery is one of the higher magic spells Clow Cards too. The four basic elements of Earth, Water, Fire, and Wind are rather difficult to use. Furthermore, Watery is an offensive card, so it's got quite a temper.
- Kero: Someone almost drowned? Was it you, Sakura!?
- Sakura: No, Kero. You weren't really listening to me were you?
Sakura's Tiring Day
- Sakura: Maybe it's a ghost...
- Kero: They don't appear in broad daylight.
- Sakura: Maybe some do!
- Touya: (About Yukito) He eats at least three times as much as I do.
- Sakura: Three times?
- Yukito:: Go ahead and have some too, Sakura. It's my treat.
- Sakura:: Kero is waiting for me at home, so...
- Yukito: Kero...?
- Sakura: Uh, um, nothing!
- Sakura: How are you doing, Kero? (Shows Kero putting laundry into the washing machine)
- Kero: Just because there's nobody home right now. Why do I have to do something like this? (Falls into the washing machine, and crawls out) OH MY, I GUESS I'M GOING TO BE DIZZY TODAY.
- Sakura: (She didn't hear Kero) Oh yeah! When this is done I'll have some ice cream with Kero-chan!
- Kero: Well then I guess I'll do some chores...
- Sakura: Good morning!
- Fujitaka: Good morning, Sakura.
- Touya: The monster is on cloud nine...
(Sakura holds up a fist and looks irritated, then turns around and smiles)
- Sakura: I'll forgive you today!
- (Sakura screams)
- Tomoyo and Kero: What!?
- Sakura: Look!
- (The house is messy again)
- Sakura: Now I have to clean it up again
- Tomoyo: I'll help you.
- Sakura and Kero: (crying and hugging Tomoyo) Thank you...
Sakura, Panda and a Cute Shop
- Maki: (to Tomoyo and Sakura about why she runs a shop) I was engaged. He was a designer, but he died in a car accident...He loved plush toys, and...told me that he wanted to sell plush toys, and that he'd designed in his own shop.
- Sakura: Miss Maki...
- Maki: If I quit...he'll be sad...But I can't do this anymore...
- Sakura: Kero, you said that there wouldn't be a card stupid enough to collect plush toys...
- Kero: Well, Jump in itself is like a plush toy. Maybe it just wanted friends?
- Sakura: A shop where something bad happens to you when you buy stuff there? You don't mean...getting something stolen?
- Tomoyo: Yes.
- Sakura: And that's Miss Maki's shop?
- Tomoyo: I can't say that for sure, it's a rumor in the toy store industry.
- Sakura: (thinking) Tomoyo's in the choir. She's really good at singing and has won many competitions. (listens to Tomoyo sing) It's a beautiful voice.
- Kero: (talking to a cat plushie) You're pretty good-looking.
- Sakura: What are you doing?!
Sakura and Her Memories of Her Mother
- Sakura: I wish you would turn back into your true form and become my bodyguard, Kero.
- Kero: If you want to do that, then you have to...at least capture the cards that govern "fire" and "earth." My true form is really cool!
- Sakura: Cool...? (pictures a giant stuffed Kero)
- (After all the girls ran away from the ghostly figure):
- Sakura: A long-haired woman!
- Chiharu: A blurry, pointed eye...
- Naoko: A one-eyed, round...
- Rika: A pink thing with a wide mouth and fangs!
- Tomoyo: A large nikuman.
- (All the girls stare at her wide-eyed):
- Tomoyo: I mean, what I saw was a large nikuman.
- Yukito: If you really like Sakura so much, you should stop making fun of her.
- Touya: The only one who can play with her is me.
- Yukito: Have you ever heard of a "sister complex"?
- Touya: Shut up.
- Sakura: (To Illusion) My mother wouldn't do that!!!
Sakura's First Attempt as a Thief
Yuki: DAMN IT! (The Silent movies her finger to her lips, everything becomes silent) Kero: (enlarges his shadow with a flashlight) All right listen up. I'm the guardian angel of thisplace. Leave immediately. Yuki: W-What do you mean guardian angel? You're the one who is messing with the painting!!
Tomoyo: (about the incident) The art in the museum moved? Sakura: Yeah, and suddenly, I couldn't hear anything...Although it was only an instant...Can it be something like...The curse of an unfortunate artist who died an unlucky death...I'm sure that painting is cursed! And so... Tomoyo: Was it that scary? Sakura: It wasn't scary at all back then.
Tomoyo: What are the powers of The Silent? Sakura: In the afternoon, all it did was make sound disappear. Kero: That's not all. If it shushes, not only does sound disappear, but at the same time... Sakura: At the same time...? Kero: I'm not sure.
(Sakura and Tomoyo fall over)
Sakura: And you call yourself the Beast of the Seal!?
(The Guard looks at the picture already back to normal Sakura and Tomoyo watches him)
Guard: It's terrible! The Picture has changed! (runs down the hallway in fear)
Sakura's Rival Appears
- Yukito: There are things called foretelling dreams.
- Sakura: (thinking) That's exactly what Kero was saying.
- Yukito: Actually I had a foretelling dream myself last night. In the dream, my breakfast was a roasted fish. And I really had fish for breakfast. I was so happy I had 6 more bowls of rice!
- Sakura: Big brother...It's nothing. I just had a weird dream.
- Touya: Oh, I see...So it was just grunts from a monster...
- Sakura: What did you say!?
- Syaoran: You mean to say that THIS is Cerberus, the Golden-Eyed Beast of the Seal.... This plush toy?
Sakura and the Mysterious Broach
- Syaoran:: Daily chores?
- Yamazaki: When your turn for the daily chores comes, you clean the blackboards, write in the daily report, sing songs during recess, dance around...There are a lot of things you have to do.
- Syaoran: They do that in Japanese schools?
- Touya: That brat was near our house!?
- Yukito: He went home before too long, though.
- Touya: I guess I have to beat him up once.
- Yukito: Is that how you warded off all the boys who got close to Sakura?
- Touya: Only I can make fun of her.
- Yukito: You really do have a sister complex.
- Touya: Shut up!
Sakura and the Sports Day of Flowers
Sakura, Tomoyo and the Mansion
Sakura's Never-Ending Day
Sakura and the Elephant's Test of Strength
Sakura, Toya and Cinderella
Sakura and Kero's Big Fight
Sakura and the Rainbow of Memories
Sakura's Scary Test of Courage
Sakura, Yukito and the Summer Festival
Sakura and the Summer Holiday Homework
Transfer Student vs. Sakura
- Kero: Is this her? Is this the fiance of that kid?
- Meiling: So you're here looking for the card as well.
- Sakura: Then you are, too?
- Meiling: I'm going to capture it and hand it over to Syaoran. The card is Syaoran's!
- Kero: What!? I won't let things go your way! Sakura is the only Cardcaptor I've accepted!
- (Meiling grabs Kero):
- Meiling: What is this? Your guardian beast or something?
- Sakura: Kero is the Beast of the Seal of the Clow Cards.
- Meiling: This thing that looks like a bath sponge!?
- Kero: You try saying that again, brat!
- (Meiling swats Kero away with the palm of her hand):
- Yukito: Sakura, your face is red. Are you sure you don't have a fever?
- Sakura: I-I'm fine!
- Touya: For this dinner, even if she has a fever of 40 degrees Celsius she wouldn't budge, because she is...
- (Sakura stomps on Touya's foot):
- Touya: Did you see the news last night, Sakura?
- Sakura: What?
- Touya: The one about how a black-belt in karate got beaten up on the streets last night.
- Yukito: I saw that one! I heard the opponent was a girl.
- Sakura: I didn't know about that.
- Touya: I had thought it was you, Sakura. You are a monster after all...
- Sakura: What was that!?
Sakura's Long Marathon Race
Sakura and Her kind Father
Sakura, Toyomo and a Wonderful Song
- Sakura: Tomoyo is a really good singer.
- Meiling: I'm good at singing, too!
- Kero: If I copied your singing, brat, it'd tarnish the image of the Clow Cards!
- Meiling: What was that!?
- Kero: Since you're wearing those ceremonial clothes, and even got your sword, you came here to look for a Clow Card! Didn't you, kid?
- Syaoran: Who are you calling a kid?
- Kero: "Kid" is enough for someone who hasn't even been alive for a decade!
- Tomoyo: Did something nice happen to you? Because you've looked so happy since you came in.
- Sakura: (Whispering) Today, Yukito is sleeping over at our house. He'll be going over our plans for their athletic festival with my big brother.
- Tomoyo: Oh, is that so?
- Syaoran: Who's going sleeping over!?
- Sakura: I said it in a really small voice...
- Tomoyo: I guess the name of someone you like can be heard in any condition.
Sakura's Little Adventure
- (After Sakura puts on her new costume):
- Tomoyo: Sakura, you really are too cute!
- Sakura: You're embarrassing me.
- Tomoyo: You shouldn't blush, Sakura. You're the world's only Cardcaptor! Seeing you in action wearing this costume, Sakura, it is so touching!
- Sakura: T-Tomoyo...
- Kero: Enough of this! Let me eat already!
- Sakura: I'm jealous! I really am! I want to live in a huge castle like this!
- Touya: If you lived in such a huge place, your new life would be much tougher.
- Sakura: Why?
- Touya: You don't know how many days it will take to finish cleaning! On top of it, I am positive you would get lost!
- Sakura: I wouldn't get lost!
- Touya: In the first place, you aren't exactly fitted to be a princess Sakura.
Sakura and One More Sakura
Yukito: Sakura, you're very good at cleaning.
Sakura: I don't think so.
Touya: She's not usually like this. She breaks things all over the place like a monster. You can't tell if she's cleaning or making a mess.
(Sakura tries to stomp on Touya's foot, but misses and hurts her own)
Kero: What's up? You look awfully happy, Sakura.
Sakura: How do I look? Yukito cut my hair for me.
Kero: You haven't changed one bit!
Sakura: Yukito really can do everything! He's very athletic, and wonderful...
Touya: (Calling from downstairs) Sakura, help us down here!
Kero: I just don't understand girls in love.
Sakura and the Wonderful Teacher
- Meiling: You promised you would eat lunch with me!
- Syaoran: W-Wait a minute. We're having a serious conversation right now.
- Meiling: What kind of serious conversation?
- Tomoyo: About Ms. Mizuki.
- Meiling: What's this!? Despite the fact that you already have me!?
- Syaoran: It's not what you're thinking about!
- Touya: If you don't watch where you're going, you'll trip.
- Sakura: I'm fine!
- Touya: Even if you are, you'll make a big hole in the ground if you trip!
- Sakura: What was that!?
Sakura and the Shrine of Memories
Sakura and the Enchanted Cards
- Kero: (about Meiling) Women are such a hassle when they're in love.
- Touya: Oh, I'm going to take one of these!
- Sakura: Big brother! That's bad manners!
- Touya: You made these?
- Sakura: Dad did.
- Touya: Then they're safe!
- Sakura: What's that suppose to mean!?
Sakura's Sweet Cooking
- Kero: You're really worked up about this.
- Sakura: Because I'm going to have Yukito and Ms. Mizuki eat some of the cake!
- Kero: Don't forget about my share!
Sakura and the Injured Card
- Yamazaki: Cheering? Let me tell you about cheering. When the Roman emperor was thrown out to sea during a war, he made his soldiers wave "Hure" for help. And then the wave became "Hooray", turning it into today's cheering style.
- Chiharu: That's a lie.
- Yamazaki: Lies? Let me tell you about lies...
Sakura and the Nameless Book
Meiling: That card was definitely Syaoran's!
Kero: Well, that's the difference in ability.
Meiling: That was luck! If the huge cat didn't get in the way, the card would've been Syaoran's!
Kero: Don't you mean the cat would've eaten him up if Sakura hadn't sealed it away?
Meiling: What was that!?
Kero: Are you picking a fight, brat!?
Sakura: You guys...
Tomoyo: I am so happy!
Kero: Tomoyo's happiness is very simple.
Tomoyo: Being able to spend time with someone I care about, having her wear cute clothing, and being able to record her on video. This is the epitome of bliss!
Kero: Yeah, you can even record my ultra-handsome self!
Touya: You're being loud so early in the morning.
Sakura: I'm not being loud!
Touya: A monster's footsteps resonate.
Sakura: I am not a monster!
Touya: Don't you think you've gained some weight recently? The sky looms closer to the monster, as it fattens up in autumn...
Sakura: I am not fat!
Touya: But then, you're not growing any taller either.
Sakura, Kero and Syaoran
Sakura's Freezing Ice-Skating Experience
- "The Freeze" Card is sealed by Sakura, but goes to Syaoran.
Sakura, Yukito and the Midday Moon
Sakura's Wonderful Christmas
- Kero: So the card is once again Sakura's. And it's a high-ranking card, too!
- Syaoran: Even with your powers back, you're still a plush toy.
- Kero: What was that!? Try saying that again!
- Syaoran: I'll say it as much as I want! Plush toy, plush toy, plush toy!
- This Season 1 finale is immediately followed by the first movie.
Season Two (Episodes 36-46)
Sakura and the Snowy School Term
- This Season 2 premiere takes place after the events of the first movie.
Sakura and Tyomo's Lost Voice
Sakura's Fun Strawberry Picking Adventure
Sakura's Dizzy Fever Day
Sakura and the Sakura from the Dream
Sakura, Syaoran and the Sea of Sand
- "The Sand" Card is sealed by Sakura, who gives it to Sayaoran in gratitude for giving her "the Cloud" in "Sakura's Dizzy Fever Day"
Sakura and the Blacked-out School Festival
- Sakura seals both "the Light" and "the Dark" Cards.
- The Light Card: The final judgement will come from Yue. Do your best. We hope for you to be our master.
- Sakura: Yue?
- The Light Card: He has been right side you this whole time.
Sakura's Farewell to Meiling
- Syaoran: This is a cake..?
- Wei: It is filled with Meiling's feelings.
- Syaoran: But still...
- Wei: I perceive that you have a big heart, Syaoran. Are you worried about such a little thing?
- Syaoran: But this isn't it. She always suddenly grab onto me...
- Meiling appears and tackles Syaoran)
- Meiling: Syaoran!!
- Syaoran: You know, how many times do I have to tell you not to grab me like that... What's wrong?
- Meiling: I don't want to go home!
- Meiling: Hey, why did you start to like that guy?
- Sakura: U-Um... He's in my big brother's class... and he came over to visit, and...
- Meiling: Love at first sight?
- Sakura: ...Yeah. W-W-What about you, Meiling?
- Meiling: For me... it's not love at first sight...
- "The Twin" Card is beaten by the combined martial arts of Syaoran and Meiling; as such goes to Syaoran.
Sakura, Kero and the Mysterious Teacher
Sakura and the Last Card
- Sakura captures "the Earthy" which is, as the title suggests, the fifty-second and final Clow Card captured.
Sakura and the Final Judgement
- This is the Season 2 finale.
- The debut of the second Guardian of the Clow Cards, in addition to Keroberos, Yue, symbolizes the moon.
- By defeating Yue, with "the Windy" Card, Sakura is officially chosen as "Master of the Clow Cards".
- The Sealing Wand changes into the Star Wand.
Season Three (Episodes 47-70)
Sakura and the Mysterious Transfer Student
Sakura and the Awakened Star Key
- Sakura is presented with a brand-new mystical key, the Star Key and Wand, in place of the Sealing Wand.
Sakura and the Dangerous Piano
Sakura and the Invisible Threads
- Sakura converts "the Sword" into her very own Sakura Card.
Sakura and the Panicky Bike
- The Clow Cards converted into Sakura Cards are:
- The Dash
- The Libra
- The Lock
- The Loop
- The Cloud
- The Change
- The Sand
- The Sweet
- The Wave
- The Windy
Sakura and the Giant Teddy Bear
- Syaoran: [staring at Sakura turning bright magenta and his heart beating wildly]
- Sakura: [turns around] Li-kun!
- Syaoran: [turns even redder and runs away] She was just--just standing there and my heart goes. Could it be? The same feelings as I had for him? [Yukito] was the only one that made me feel fuzzy warm and now she... [hops over a fence]
- Yue: You have Clow's blood (Syaoran is Clow's descendant) and confuse that with seeing Yukito. You are only attracted to his power of the moon.
- Syaoran: Power of the moon?
- Yue: Right. If you look deep inside your heart, you will see the one you truely love. Your true feelings.
- Syaoran: True feelings? What about…
- Yue: Figure out the rest on your own [turns back into Yukito]
- Yukito: [looking dazed] How did I get to such a place? Oh *hands Syaoran the bear he made for Sakura* You dropped this. You should give it to the person you made it for.
- Syaoran: [looks at the bear intently]
Sakura's Sheep Warning
Sakura and the Calendar of Memories
- Sakura converts "the Flower" Card into a Sakura Card.
Sakura and Sakura in Wonderland
- Sakura converts both "The Little" and "The Big" Cards.
- Sakura: [reading Alice in Wonderland] It would be so great to be in a world like that. [doesn't realize Tomoyo and Syaoran are watching her and that Eriol's approaching]
- Eriol: [gives her a leaf] Use this as a book mark!
- Sakura: Thank you Eriol-kun [smiles]
- Eriol: Ahh, you're reading Alice? I really like that book.
- Sakura: You read it?
- Eriol: A long time ago.
- Sakura: What's England like?
- Eriol: It's rainy and foggy a lot, but I like all the old buildings. Would you like to go to Alice's world?
- Sakura: Hoe?
- Tomoyo: I guess Hiiragizawa-kun means by taking her to Alice's world, taking her to England and meeting his family.
- Syaoran: [fuming and clenching fists]
- Syaoran: [runs to Eriol and Sakura waving his arms wildly] HOMEROOM IS STARTING!
- Tomoyo: [smiling] The situation has upped again.
Sakura, Kero and the Sweet Meeting
- Sakura converts "the Sleep" Card.
Sakura, Syaoran and the Elevator
- "The Float" Card is converted into a Sakura Card, but is off-screen.
- Sakura: [On the phone with Syaoran] When I fell out of the elevator I heard you call me by my first name, Sakura. It makes me feel as though we've become even closer friends. Can I call you "Syaoran-kun"?
- Syaoran: [blushes] Do what you want. [hangs up phone, looks out the window and smiles]
Sakura and Double Trouble
- Both "the Bubble" and "the Shield" Cards are converted into Sakura Cards.
Sakura, Tomoyo and the Ball Trap
- Sakura converts "the Shadow" into a Sakura Card.
- Syaoran: Sakura?
- Sakura: Yes?
- Syaoran: [taking off his hat and blushing] I... think I... you... lik... like...(Ore wa... omae ga... omae ga... suk... suk...)
- Kero: Sakura! Come pose with me!
- Syaoran: [crushes his hat and sighs]
Sakura and Her Precious Friend
Sakura, the Cards and a Present
Sakura and the Mysterious Fortune
Sakura, the Pool and a Huge Wave
Sakura and the Snow-Blowing Ski Class
- Sakura converts "the Time" Card into a Sakura Card.
- Syaoran: [looking at the fire and thinking of Sakura; sighs] Sakura...
- Sakura: [appearing behind him] What?
- Syaoran: [freaks out inside, but remains calm on the outside] What?
- Sakura: I thought I heard you call my name.[Sakura and Syaoran are sitting by the fire. Earlier, Sakura was scared of Eriol's ghost story, so Syaoran stopped him with the excuse that it was too late.]
- Sakura: ありがとうございます。 Arigatou Gozaimasu.(Thank you for today.)
- Syaoran: It was nothing.
- Sakura: [giggles] You always say "It was nothing" but that's not true because you really are very kind.
- Syaoran: [blushing] Why do you say that?
- Sakura: Oh look! It's snowing!
- [Sakura runs outside and Syaoran watches her dancing in the snow, blushing like a madman]
Sakura, Yukito and the Vanishing Power
- Sakura (in tears): I'm so sorry. Because my magical powers weren't strong enough, you you and Yukito were going to disappear. I'm sorry.
- Yue: The Clow Cards and their Guardians were created by Clow Reed, an extremely powerful magician. It's understandable that you, a child, cannot support all of it.
Sakura's Most Beloved Person
- "The Maze" and "the Illusion" Cards become Sakura Cards.
- Syaoran: [blushing heavily] I'll walk you home
- Sakura: Thank you, but can you do me a favor?
- Syaoran: What?
- Sakura: Let's go to the park. [in the park]
- Sakura: Today, I told Yukito-san that I loved him.
- Syaoran: Oh..d-did you?
- Sakura: [nods] But he said that one I love most wasn't him.
- Syaoran: Eh?
- Sakura: He said I loved him like I loved my father, but there's someone he loves not like a father. And I'm happy because I love this person too. Tomoyo even said the greatest happiness is when the one you love is happy. And for me, I'm happy knowing Yukito-san will be happy.
- Syaoran: [eyes widen]
- Sakura: [with tears in her eyes] But for some reason, I can't help but cry. I don't want to cry in front of Yukito-san, because I'm sure it would make him feel bad. I understand what he was saying I really do. [bursts into tears]
- Syaoran: [fights with himself mentally, gets off the swing and interrupts]
- Syaoran: I know. [hands her a handkerchief] I understand. [smiles]
- Sakura: [takes handkerchief] Thank you. [faces Syaoran and then puts her head on his shoulder] Yukito-san said that someday I'll find someone who I love the most, and he will love me the most too. [tears drip from her face]
- Syaoran: [looks sad for a moment then smiles] It would be nice if you could find him.
- Sakura: [nods]
- Syaoran: [closes his eyes and puts his arms around Sakura, whispering] Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find him.
- Sakura: [sobbing] Thank you.
Sakura and the Tsukimine Shrine
- Sakura converts "the Thunder" and "the Glow" Cards.
- Tomoyo: It's Sakura, isn't it?
- Sayoran: It's "the Glow" card.
Sakura, the Past and Clow Reed
- Sakura converts "the Return" card into a Sakura Card.
- Yue: Explain yourself!
- Clow Reed: Just what I said, Yue. Today, I will leave this world.
- Keroberos: That is not a joke I can laugh at.
- Clow Reed: Unfortunately, it is no joke.
- Yue: But why!!?
- Clow Reed: My time has come.
- Keroberos: Your time? But you are the world's most powerful sorcerer. You made us, you made the Clow Cards.
- Clow Reed: Nevertheless, the end must come for all living beings.
Sakura Meets Clow Reed
- The remaining Clow Cards transformed into Sakura Cards are:
- The Arrow
- The Dark
- The Earthy
- The Fight
- The Light
- The Shot
- The Storm
- The Silent
- The Twin
- The Through
- Sakura succeeds in converting the Light, the Dark, the Storm, the Earthy, the Silent, the Arrow, the Fight, the Shot, the Cloud, and the Rain, therefore having transformed all fifty-two Clow Cards into her very own Sakura Cards.
- Syaoran finally confesses his true romantic affections to Sakura.
- Eriol: My name in this life is Eriol. In my previous life, I was known as...Clow Reed.
- Kero: Clow is dead! Both Yue and I were there when he passed away!!
- Sakura: Just like in my dream. And that staff.
- Keroberos: Yes, that's the staff Clow used.
- Yue: Clow.
- Eriol: It's so good to see you again, Yue.
- Yue: There was a time when I was forced back into Yukito against my will. Was it you, Clow?
- Eriol: I couldn't risk you knowing I was still around.
- Yue: If you were going to be reborn, why force Keroberos and I to choose a new master?
- Ruby Moon: After going through all that trouble to receive Toya's magical powers, you're still no match for me. So there must be a difference in the masters' powers, after all.
- Keroberos: It's not Sakura's fault! I just been caught off guard. I'm dead serious this time!! Prepare yourselves!!
Sakura and Her True Feelings
- This series finale is followed by the second feature film The Sealed Card.
- Sakura: [walking home and sees Syaoran on the bridge] Syaoran-kun...
- Syaoran: [not looking at her and squeezing his hand in nervousness] I wanted to say... when I first came to Japan, my head was so filled with fulfilling my mission and catching the Clow Cards. I didn't care who got in my way. But you, you always cared about the people around you and it showed. I did nothing but get in your way.
- Sakura: That's not true! You helped me so much when we were catching the cards!
- Syaoran: Well, that's what I wanted to say. Thank you, it's truly a good thing that I met you. :[runs away]
- Sakura: Wait Syaoran-kun... I don't know how I feel about you...
- Sakura: Syaoran-kun!
- Syaoran: But why... [his butler approaches with the teddy bear]
- Sakura: 私。。 Watashi... (I..) [Both Sakura and Syaoran blush]
- Wei: Syaoran-sama... Take this. [giving Syaoran his teddy bear that Syaoran left on his room]
- Sakura: That bear... Can I have it?
- Sakura: また会えるね？ Mata aeru, ne? (We'll meet again, right?)
Feature Films (2002-2005)
- Li Syaoran used only 'the Freeze" and "the Storm" cards.
- The Clow Cards used by Sakura are:
- The Arrow (first appearance and use)
- The Fly
- The Windy
- The Jump
- The Sword
- Clow Cards used by Li Syaoran are:
- The Freeze
- The Storm
- Suyong: Where is Clow Reed!!? Answer me!! ANSWER ME!!
- Sakura: FLY!
- Suyong: A Clow Card? Tell me where did you get a Clow Card!!?
- The sealed Nothing Card merges with the nameless Sakura Card to become "the Hope" whose mystical properties remain to be seen.
- Sakura Cards used were:
- The Create (on videotape)
- The Fly
- The Jump
- The Sword (on videotape)
- The Shield
- The Time
- The Through (mentioned)
- The Watery (videotape)
- The Windy
- The Wood
- The Clow Card successfully converted into a Sakura Card:
- The Nothing (merged together with "the Nameless" Card to form "the Hope")
- This feature film is followed by the Clear Card saga, which is also considered to be the fourth season in the Cardcaptor Sakura anime series.
- The Nothing Card: I have been all alone; sealed away in a dark, cold place. I finally have my friends back! Why are interfering!?
- Sakura: That's not how you make friends!! Forcibly making them yours doesn't make them your friends!! It's not right! It's not!!
- (All 52 Sakura Cards appear around NOTHING)
- The Nothing: Why are you all abandoning me? Is that you hate me? Are we never going to be friends?
- (Cries, as the Cards' create a path for their young master to reach her)
- Sakura: It's all right. Come and join everyone else.
- The Nothing Card: You mean, I'll no longer be alone?
- Sakura: No. They're all saying that they want you to come.
- The Hope Card: Don't cry. It's all right.
About Cardcaptor Sakura
- It’s common in girls’ manga for a character to transform, as Sailor Moon and her fellow Sailor Guardians do, and we wanted to incorporate that into ‘Sakura. But many of them always wear the same outfit, so we wanted to add a twist. We feel it’s pretty sad for a girl to wear the same outfit all the time
- Ageha Ohkawa, Four Mothers of Manga Gain American Fans With Expertise in a Variety of Visual Styles, The New York Times, November 28, 2006.
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card (2018)
Sakura and the Clear Cards
- Sakura: [holding her staff key] It's been a while since I've ever had to use this. I think... it's better this way.
Sakura and the Room with No Exit
Sakura's Heavy Rain Alert
Sakura and the Lovely Transfer Student
Sakura Feels a Pull at the Flower Viewing
Sakura, the Rabbit and the Song of the Moon
Sakura and a Game of Tag in the Garden
Sakura, a Clock and a Hide-and-Seek Game
Sakura's Thrilling Aquarium Visit
- Sakura: I didn't realize jellyfish were this pretty.
- Syaoran: They are. But they're dangerous too. You have to be careful in the ocean.
- Sakura: Do you know a lot about jellyfish, Syaoran?
- Syaoran: No, but I was just remembering how Meiling got stung by one once.
- Sakura: She was okay, though?
- Syaoran: It wasn't really that serious, but she did cry a lot.
- Sakura: Poor Meiling. I'd hate to think of her being in so much pain.
- Syaoran: Honestly, I think she was crying in anger rather than pain.
Sakura and the Sleeping Labyrinth
Sakura and the Upside-down Penguin
Sakura and the Ball Tournament of Ice
Sakura and Meiling's Return
- Meiling: I'm sure there's a lot he needs to learn to be the next head of the family and a lot of things he'll have to remember.
- Meiling: (In Cantonese) When you both are so important to each other, it's not easy.
- Sakura: Meiling! It's the real you!
- Meiling: Is there a fake me?
- Sakura: Uh uh. But normally, you send me pictures and you pop up in my dreams every once in a while, so kinda?
- Meiling: Well, whatever. But you'll have to tell me about those dreams of yours.
Sakura, the Shrine and the Zoo
- Meiling: I guess birds of a feather really do flock together.
- Syaoran: It's alright. I'm here.
- Meiling: It's just that you call her "Sakura".
Sakura's Nostalgic Viewing Party
Sakura and Meiling's Friend
- Meiling: (to Syaoran) If anything happens to you, you know who'll be hurt the most. And if you make her cry, you'll regret it.
Sakura and the Crazy Sweets
- Kaito; "All finished."
- Momo: "Let's been honest, that girl is never going to grow out of her clumsiness."
- Kaito: "Perhaps but isn't that what makes her so endearing?"
- Momo: "I suppose so. Staying still all day is exhausting."
- Kaito: Your effort is appreciated. Here. Have some chocolates."
- Momo: "The most delicious food in the world! Is there anything more divine? So, how are things? Is it time yet?"
- Kaito: "The collection of Cards is progressing well. It will be that time soon enough. Yes, even now."
- Momo: "What will you do? Even with your D magic, you'll never be able to stop that book's time."
- Kaito: "Yes, I'm aware. That's exactly why the new Cards are necessary."
Sakura and the Fire and Water Birds
- Kero: "Now we know this set of Cards have elemental counterparts- Water, Air and Fire."
- Sakura: "Yeah, but these seem to be much stronger. You saw how they were blasting each other with their roars."
- Toya: "That was sudden."
- Yue: "Don't worry. She's on her way back."
- Toya: "How do you know?"
- Yue: "I sense her."
- Toya: "That's handy."
- Yue: "Sometimes I cannot sense her. There are times when I cannot seem to trace the mark of my master's power."
Sakura and Akiho's Lullaby
- Syaoran's four older sisters, who debuted in the original show's first movie, appear here.
- Keroberos: The only magicians powerful enough to show the past were Clow, and three others.
- Yue: She inherited the Cards from a descendant of Clow Reed, and then transformed them into her own Cards. Now she's still...
- Keroberos: I knew her magic was getting stronger, but I didn't expect this. Sakura's powers have gotten significantly stronger. Her power is immense. We need to contact Eriol.
- Yue: No matter what it takes.
Sakura, Rainbows and Grandpa
- Momo: She's starting to synchronize.
- Kaito: Yes. She must have had the same dream as the Cards' maker.
- Momo: And the contents of the book?
- Kaito: Progressing nicely.
- Momo: The power of the dream is progressing, but isn't it a bit sooner than expected?
- Kaito: The sooner the better. Her protectors have noticed and have already begun to move.
- Eriol: It is good to see you again, Keroberos, Yue.
- Keroberos: You wouldn't respond, so we had to come.
- Eriol: Tue.
- Keroberos: We might not look it, but we're really ticked off right now.
- Eriol: Hmm. I know. It's as plain as the look on Yue's face.
- Keroberos: Since you used that magic circle to summon us...
- Yue: Does that mean you are finally prepared to talk to us?
- Eriol: Indeed.
- Yue: Then explain everything. Tell us what is happening to our master.
- Eriol: The one thing I have most feared is becoming reality.
Sakura, the Mirror and the Key of Memories
- Sakura secures the Mirror Card of her new collection of Clear Cards.
- In the manga, the gift that is given to Sakura is a pocketwatch as opposed to a silver key.
- Sakura: "A key?"
- Sakura's Great-Grandfather: "For some reason, Nadeshiko cherished that particular item. It was one my wife and I found when we were in England."
- Syaoran (thinking): England? But that's were Hiraagizawa is and...Yuna D. Kaito.
- Kero: Akiho's butler may be a magician?
- Eriol: The house they live in was currently torn down and replaced with an amusement park.
- Kero: Amusement park? Then how does the same house stand now?
- Eriol: That location is perfect for storing objects that possess great power. Is shape is ideal, as well.
- Kero: Did some magician make it that way?
- Eriol: Most likely.
- Yue: Have you contacted that magic association?
- Eriol: Yes, although they didn't give much of a response. But I did learn one thing.
- Yue: What?
- Eriol: Exactly one year ago, Yuna D. Kaito was excommunicated.
- Kero: From the association? But, if you have very strong magic and do whatever the association asks, they'll overlook anything. What did he do to get excommunicated?
- Eriol: It seems he had lost an ancient relic of great power that was never to be removed from the association.
- Kero: Lost it? What kind of klutz is he?
- Eriol: That was not the official cause. The rumor is that he simply took the relic and left.
- Yue: Is that even allowed?
- Eriol: They would never allow it. They cannot compel him to return it.
- Yue: Why not?
- Eriol: Because no one can ever defeat a magician with the "D" title. The association was hiding that relic, so it must be forbidden. The association can do nothing because they fear both his magic, and the chance that he will use it.
- Yue: Just what kind of power does this relic possess? Is is that powerful?
- Eriol: If you mean it is far more powerful than I, at this very moment, then yes. The Li family had tried to discover the true extent of his magic, but could not.
- Kero: Even the kid's mother was unable to?
- Yue: Our master. What of our master?
- Eriol: Sakura does not rely on objects made by others, nor is she aware when she creates the Cards' that embody her magic. In other worlds, she has created her very own magical items.
- Kero: So the ability to show events from the past is Sakura's own?
- Yue: Why not tell us?
- Eriol: Sakura's magic is very strong, but it still chaotic. She cannot control it at all. Also, I do not know what this Yuna D. Kaito is after. It probably has something to do with Sakura's new cards.
- Keroberos: "Right. I get not telling her that. But why didn't you tell me and Yue?"
- Eriol: "Becasue the worry would have shown on your face, then she'd know something was wrong."
- Keroberos: "What!? Whatever, I have an awesome poker face."
- Eriol: "Yes, you do. Yue, however, does not."
- Yue: "What now?"
- Keroberos: "Yes, that's true. He's terrible whenever it concerns Sakura."
- Yue: "Shut up."
- (Sees that the sun-and-moon on top of his mystic staff has cracked)
- Eriol: "This is quite a powerful enemy, Sakura."
- (Having utilized his purple-colored magic circle to sever the connection between Kero, Yue and Eriol)
- Kaito: I expected no less from Eriol. No wonder they say he is the most powerful of magicians living. The watch that has not even been scratched, all this time, has cracked. Still, I will attain these new Cards. So I can use the relic I had taken from the association, to activate that magic spell.
- Momo (to herself): Using whatever means to achieve your goal is fine. However, don't lose sight of what is important, Yuna D. Kaito.
- Sakura: Since it's a mirror, I thought it could reflect magic, too. I'm glad it worked!
- Syaoran (thinking): It worked because your magic is getting just that strong, even though that's not what you want. Mother and Eriol said the same thing:
- "Great power will bring great unhappiness to its possessor".
- Sakura: Syaoran?
- Syaoran: I'll never let you be unhappy. I swear it. Never.
Sakura's Clear Cards
- This so-called "finale" to the second anime series ends on a cliffhanger.
- The only Sakura Card that is seen is "the Hope"
- Momo: "I hope it was a contrary dream, but it could also be one that comes true."
- Kaito: "That won't happen. I won't allow it."
- Momo: "I can't believe you used the time magic again."
- Kaito: "Well, it was an emergency. How's Akiho?"
- Momo: "Akiho's dreaming like she always is. To put it more simply, she's basically acting in her sleep."
- Kaito: "Will she remember?'
- Momo: "Even if she does, she'll write it off as being a dream."
- Kaito: "What about Sakura?"
- Momo: "She'll likely remember."
- Kaito: "I see. Then I have no choice."
- Momo: "Hold on! You're really going to do this?"
- Kaito: "These cards won't be enough, so I'll have to. It is the only way to activate that magic."
- Momo: "You may be powerful, but going back in time that much is insane, even for you."
- Kaito: "Perhaps."
- Momo: "But you won't stop?"
- Kaito: "And neither will you. The only reason you're still here is because you wanted to see the activation of the taboo magic."
- Momo: "That's part of it, but there's another reason."
Season Two (2021-2022)
- Syaoran reveals that has had all fifty-three Sakura Cards all along.
- Sealing Staff (Season 1, 1st movie & Season 2)
- Star Staff (Season 3 & 2nd movie)
- Dream Staff (Clear Card)
- Syaoran's Sword
- Syaoran's Compass
- Eriol's Staff (Season 3, Seasons 1-3 of Clear Card)
- Time Pocketwatch ( Seasons1-2 of Clear Card)
- Kaito's Staff (Seasons 2-3 of Clear Card)
- Alice in Clockland (Clear Card)
- The Arrow
- The Big
- The Bubble
- The Change
- The Create
- The Cloud
- The Dark
- The Dash
- The Dream
- The Earthly
- The Erase
- The Fiery
- The Fight
- The Float
- The Fly
- The Freeze
- The Flower
- The Glow
- The Hope
- The Illusion
- The Jump
- The Little
- The Light
- The Libra
- The Loop
- The Lock
- The Maze
- The Move
- The Mirror
- The Mist
- The Nothing (now converted into "the Hope")
- The Power
- The Rain
- The Return
- The Sand
- The Shot
- The Shield
- The Shadow
- The Snow
- The Sleep
- The Storm
- The Sword
- The Song
- The Sweet
- The Silent
- The Time
- The Through
- The Thunder
- The Twin
- The Voice
- The Wave
- The Watery
- The Windy