Career Opportunities (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Career Opportunities is a 1991 American romantic comedy film about the daughter of the town's wealthiest businessman who faces problems at home and gets locked in a store overnight with the janitor, the town failure.
He took the job that no one wanted...and got the girl that everyone did.taglines
- Any little fraulein who expects anything more from me than a little bit of pleasure, a little bit of danger, and a great set of pectorals, she's looking for a fall right on her ass.
- [on his first day as Target janitor (night cleanup boy), Jim Dodge meets the Custodian, who points a rifle at him]
- Custodian: Are you a slacker?
- Jim Dodge: No... Presbyterian actually.
- Custodian: What did you say? What did you say? Now I'm asking you a simple question: Are you lazy?
- Jim Dodge: I'm getting a feeling that you want me out of your life.
- Bud Dodge: I don't want you out of my life, I want you out of my house.
- Gil Kinney: You know, if my foot could talk...
- Nestor Pyle: Easy...
- Gil Kinney: ...it would say, "May I please go up this geek's ass?!"
- Officer Don: Mr. McClellan, do you ever have any family problems, you and your daughter?
- Roger Roy McClellan: What the hell do you think he is?
- Officer Don: You got a point.
- Josie McClellan: And you're happy, you know. You're happy.
- Jim Dodge: I'm not happy. I'm working nights, everybody thinks I'm a liar, my whole family's laughing at me... Reverand Harwell gave me the finger last week!
- He took the job that no one wanted...and got the girl that everyone did.
- Maximum comedy at minimum wage!
- Frank Whaley - Jim Dodge
- Jennifer Connelly - Josie McClellan
- Dermot Mulroney - Nestor Pyle
- Kieran Mulroney - Gil Kinney
- John M. Jackson - Bud Dodge
- Jenny O'Hara - Dotty Dodge
- Noble Willingham - Roger Roy McClellan
- William Forsythe - the Store Custodian
- John Candy (uncredited) - the manager of the Target store