Carrie Chapman Catt
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article about a person or group of people is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- To the wrongs that need resistance, To the right that needs assistance, To the future in the distance, Give yourselves.
- Quoted in Great Women of the Suffrage Movement (We the People: Industrial America) by Dana Meachen Rau (2005)
- In the adjustment of the new order of things, we women demand an equal voice; we shall accept nothing less.
- Quoted in "Carrie Chapman Catt: A Public Life" by Jacqueline Van Voris (1996)
- Roll up your sleeves, set your mind to making history, and wage such a fight for liberty that the whole world will respect our sex.
- Printed in over 7 million pamphlets, distributed at over 10,000 Sufragists meetings in 1913. "Democracy" by Sue Vander Hook (2011)
- This world taught woman nothing skillful and then said her work was valueless. It permitted her no opinions and said she did not know how to think. It forbade her to speak in public, and said the sex had no orators. It denied her the schools, and said the sex had no genius. It robbed her of every vestige of responsibility & then called her weak.
- From a 1902 speech as president of the National American Woman Suffrage Association quoted in "The Wings of Dawn" by Louise Scarmato (2013)
- When a just cause reaches its flood-tide, as ours has done in that country, whatever stands in the way must fall before its overwhelming power.
- from a speech at Stockholm, Is Woman Suffrage Progressing? quoted in "Not Just the Cleaning Lady: A Hygienist's Guide to Survival" by Cat Anne Schmidt (1997)