Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This political figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I would have this to say – that our primary responsibility is to find the right opportunity and create the necessary conditions for us to put into effect the local legislation, before we need a committee to ensure the legislation is being effectively enforced.
- Carrie Lam (2018) cited in "Macau to form national security commission chaired by city’s leader as a ‘preventative measure’" on Hong Kong Free Press, 28 August 2018
2019 Hong Kong protests
- A small minority of people do not mind destroying Hong Kong's economy. They have no stake in the society which so many people have helped to build and that's why they resort to all this violence and obstruction, causing huge damage to the economy and to the daily life of the people.
- Said at a press conference on 8 August 2019. Quoted by the RTHK. Protests hitting economy worse than Sars, says CE (9 August 2019) on the RTHK website. Retrieved 9 July 2019.
- Nothing is more important than the rule of law in Hong Kong.
- Said at a press conference on 2 July 2019, the day after the storming of the Legislative Council by protesters. Quoted by the BBC. Hong Kong protests: China says protesters 'trample rule of law' (2 July 2019) on the BBC website. Retrieved 9 July 2019.
- There are still lingering doubts about the government's sincerity or worries whether the government will restart the process in the Legislative Council, so I reiterate here, there is no such plan. The bill is dead.
- Said at a press conference on 9 July 2019 after the 2019 Hong Kong protests. Quoted by the BBC. Hong Kong extradition bill 'is dead' says Carrie Lam (9 July 2019) on the BBC website. Retrieved 9 July 2019.