Jump to navigation Jump to search
Casper is a 1995 American fantasy-comedy film starring Christina Ricci and Bill Pullman and based on the cartoon and Harvey Comics character Casper the Friendly Ghost. The ghosts featured in the film were created through computer generated imagery.
- [to Kat] Can I keep you?
- [imitates Arnold Schwarzenegger] Come with me if you want to live.
- [dances with Kat in his moment of being alive] I told you I was a good dancer.
- If you scream, you'll wake up my uncles, and they get awfully cranky.
- [After he changes back into a ghost in front of Kat's classmates] Uh..[Chuckles sheepishly]...boo?
Kathleen "Kat" Harvey
- [to her father] You're not gonna find her. Mom's not a ghost, Dad.
- [Dr. Harvey carries her out of the room after seeing Casper] I can walk, you know.
Dr. James Harvey
- You can call them ghosts, if you'd like, or as I like to call them, "the living-impaired."
- Fatso: I feel like Oprah on hiatus.
- Stretch: You look like Oprah on hiatus.
- Carrigan: DIBS!! Get this thing cooking, you flaccid little worm, you!
- Dibs: Ah, Carrigan! How kind of you to drop in. You know, if there's one thing I've learned from you, it's always kick 'em when they're down. And baby, you're six feet under. Oh, what a shame! [grabs the vial] Sorry, sweetheart. We're through.
- Carrigan: [gasps] I am not gonna forget this, you ungrateful, lousy little worm, you!
- Dibs: [chuckles] You can haunt me all you want, but it's gonna be in a great big expensive house with lovely purple wallpaper, and great big green carpets, and a little dog called Carrigan: A bitch, just like you! I got the power! I got the treasure!
- Carrigan: And you have a flight to catch.
- Dibs: Huh?
- [Carrigan flings him out the window]
- Carrigan: [turns to Kat and Casper, calmly] Any other takers?
- Casper: No. But aren't you forgetting something?
- Carrigan: What?
- Casper: Your unfinished business.
- Carrigan: My what?
- Kat: You know, unfinished business. All ghosts have unfinished business. That's why they don't cross over.
- Carrigan: Unfinished business? I have no unfinished business. I have my treasure, my mansion. I have everything. I'm just perfect!
- [she laughs maniacally until a flash of light pierces through her as a sign that she is crossing over]
- Carrigan: [gasps] Wait! Wait!! I lied! I have unfinished business. Lots of unfinished business! [as more flashes of light appear] I'm not ready to cross over yet! Wait! You tricked me, you rotten little brats!! [disappears]
- [The partygoers flee from the house upon seeing Casper]
- Kat: Not bad for my first party, huh?
- Casper: Couldn't have been better.
About Casper (film)
- It's huge in scope, but still, the relationship with Christina and Casper is the thing I'm fondest of. And those are the moments I'm proudest of, because they have a sense of heart.
- "If you look at the movie, you're ultimately dealing with a lot of death issues. Everybody's dealing with death. They're longing for people who have passed on, people are dying in the movie. Hopefully we do it without becoming maudlin. . . .
- I think that if you've got a youngster under 10 coming in, one of two things will happen. (The issue) will either whiz right by them or, interestingly enough, they may have some questions when they walk out of the theater. 'What was that ?'
- The implications of the things we're delving into are both wonderful and tricky. It's very tricky.
- I understand how he sees that," she says. "But really, that's what this movie is - it's about the ghosts. It's a vehicle for these new kind of visual effects. That was basically what we were supposed to do: The real actors were only meant to enhance the performance of the ghosts.
- Brad Silberling 
- We could only get seven shots a week because the processing power needed to render multiple-image ghosts is humongous.
- Colin Wilson 
- Who says there's no such thing as ghosts?
- The afterlife of the party
- The haunt is on
- Something unbelievable is in the air
- Who did his hair?
- Appearing Soon
- No inhibitions. No limits. No table manners. No sheets.
- Comin' at Ya!
- Who's afraid of ghosts?
- Catch the spirit of the 90s
- Home is where the haunt is
- And you thought your family was scary
- You ain't screamed nothin' yet!
- Casper's in the house
- He's the life of the afterlife
- He's ready for ghoul and unusual punishment!
- Let the haunt begin
- Sometimes all you need is a little spirit
- Get An Afterlife
- Seeing is believing
- No such thing as ghosts?
- Haunting Season Opens May 26th
- Bill Pullman as Dr. James Harvey
- Christina Ricci as Kathleen "Kat" Harvey
- Malachi Pearson as Casper (voice)
- Cathy Moriarity as Carrigan Crittenden
- Eric Idle as Paul "Dibs" Plutzker
- Joe Nipote as Stretch (voice)
- Joe Alaskey as Stinkie (voice)
- Brad Garrett as Fatso (voice)
- Encyclopedic article on Casper (film) at Wikipedia