Charles William "Charlie" Ergen (born March 1, 1953) is an American businessman and is the co-founder and current Chairman of the Board, and former President and CEO of Dish Network and EchoStar Communications Corporation. Ergen owns 52 percent of Dish and Echostar shares and holds 88 percent of its total voting power. With an estimated 2014 net worth of $17B, Ergen is reportedly the wealthiest person in Colorado.
|This businesspeople article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The world is changing.... I don't, as a consumer, want advertising that's not relevant. If we're going to take a side let's take the side of the consumer.
- I think we really have to stand for something. I think we give the customer better value.
- We're not afraid of change. Most companies, when they become successful, resist change no matter what. I believe it's less risky, long-term, to embrace change.
- The Verge: "Dish chairman Charlie Ergen challenges broadcasters and carriers, 'we're not afraid of change'" (11 February 2013)
- We have said all along that we think we need strategic partnerships to achieve our goals. We won't be successful as a lone wolf out there. We're not that good.
- Bloomberg: "Dish Sinks After Giving Little Hope of Finding Network Partners" (8 May 2018)