Cheaper by the Dozen (1950 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
He's the New Father of His Country!taglines
Cheaper by the Dozen is a 1950 film which was based upon the 1948 book Cheaper by the Dozen by Frank Gilbreth. The film and book describe growing up in a family with 12 children in Montclair, New Jersey.
- Repairman: All those kids yours, mister. Or is this a picnic?
- Frank: They're all mine and believe me, it's no picnic!
- Man on street: Hey, Noah. What are you doing with that Ark?
- Frank: Collecting animals like the good Lord told me brother. All we need now is a jackass. Hop in!
- Mailman: All those kids yours?
- Frank: Oh, these aren't so many. You ought to see the ones we left behind.
- Mailman: How you ever feed them?
- Frank: Oh, they come cheaper by the dozen.
- Frank: No person with inner dignity is ever embarrassed.
- Frank: Darling, you know I am happy with our little brood, but you should have had more boys!
- Lillian: I'm sorry, dear. I'll try to be more careful with the next dozen.
- Clifton Webb - Frank Bunker Gilbreth
- Jeanne Crain - Ann Gilbreth
- Myrna Loy - Mrs. Lillian Gilbreth
- Betty Lynn - Deborah Lancaster
- Edgar Buchanan - Dr. Burton
- Barbara Bates - Ernestine Gilbreth
- Mildred Natwick - Mrs. Mebane
- Sara Allgood - Mrs. Monahan
- Jimmy Hunt - William Gilbreth
- Carol Nugent - Lillie Gilbreth
- Norman Ollestad - Frank Gilbreth Jr.
- Evelyn Varden - School Principal
- Craig Hill - Tom