Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cheese Chasers is a 1951 Merrie Melodies cartoon directed by Chuck Jones, and starring Hubie and Bertie, as well as an appearance by Claude Cat. Mel Blanc plays Claude, Hubie and the dog; while Stan Freberg plays Bertie.
- Dog: Wait a minute, wait a minute. Now, uh, you're a cat, right?
- Claude Cat: Right.
- Dog: And, uh, cats eat mice, right?
- Claude Cat: No!
- Dog: You - he-he - you're mice, right?
- Hubie: Right.
- Dog: And mice, they eat cheese, right?
- Hubie and Bertie: Cheese? Ahh! Don't mention that word!
- [The scene fades to black and the scene changes where the cheese has a sign that says "Exhibit A". Hubie and Bertie holds and sign that says "Exhibit B" and Claude Cat holds a sign that says "Exhibit C". Dog is at an adding machine]
- Dog: Let's see now. Mice don't like cheese... [types on machine, pulls lever] ...and mice want cat to eat them. [types on machine, pulls lever again] Now then, cat don't wanna eat mice... [types on machine, pulls lever again] ...but cat wants dog to massacre him. [types on machine, pulls lever again, and looks at results] It just don't add up!
- [Dog then hears a dog catcher driving by and runs to it, and runs away from Claude, Hubie and Bertie]
- Dog: Hey, wait for me! Wait for baby!
- Claude Cat: [while running up to Dog] Hey, wait for me! You forgot to massacre me!
- Hubie and Bertie: Wait you cowardly cat!
- [Hubie and Bertie run up to Claude Cat and the Dog as the closing credits start]