Chen Qiushi (simplified Chinese: 陈秋实; traditional Chinese: 陳秋實;born September 1985) is a Chinese lawyer, activist, and citizen journalist who covered the 2019–20 Hong Kong protests and the COVID-19 pandemic which included criticism of the government response. He was last heard from on 6 February 2020; as of August 2020, his whereabouts remain unknown.
- No one cared about the facts. My stance was all they cared about...We always say that some members of the public are unaware of the truth and can be easily duped. But I’m concerned that there are also officials who are unaware of the truth and can just as easily be manipulated.
- I'm a citizen reporter, this is my responsibility...What kind of reporter are you if you don't rush over to Ground Zero?
- January 24, 2020 In his first video about COVID-19. 'Don't Forget Chen Qiushi,' Friend of Chinese Journalist Says
- I am scared...In front of me is the virus. Behind me is China’s legal and administrative power.
- January 30, 2020 They Documented the Coronavirus Crisis in Wuhan. Then They Vanished.