Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Warlock in Spite of Himself (1969)
- There are only two sections, and no chapter divisions in the book. No page numbers, as all quotes are from the e-book edition published by PhoenixPick ISBN 978-1-60450-486-6
- But revolutionaries are always out of place when the revolution is over, and are likely to prove an embarrassing factor to the police forces of the new government.
- Section 1, Location 233
- Democracy, the only practical compromise between totalitarianism and anarchy.
- Location 242
- “Rod, you are jumping to conclusions.”
“No, just coming up with a brilliant flash of insight.”
- Location 388
- The important thing about a revolution is that it begin; you can always take control of it later.
- Section 2, Location 3366
- “We shall win, for the honor of Plantagenet or Gramarye, or die nobly.”
“I have yet,” Rod said tightly, “to see a noble death in battle. They’re all just a little on the messy side.”
- Location 4664
- “You can judge a god, an ideal, by the people who worship it, Tom.”
- Location 5183
- The moment of silence stretched out as thin as the content of a congressman’s speech.
- Location 5205
- “Don’t die for…a dream…”
- Location 6101 (ellipses as in the book)