Charles Ernest "Chuck" Grassley (born September 17, 1933) is the senior United States Senator from Iowa. He is a member of the Republican Party and has served in the Senate since 1981. He was chairman of the Finance Committee from January to June 2001 and from January 2003 to December 2006; currently, he is the committee's Ranking Member.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- All week Senate will be on the Stimulus/Porkulus Bill. Tune in C SPAN
- Unfortunately, throughout the housing crisis we’ve seen innocent homeowners who have been victims of shady mortgage lenders and unscrupulous individuals who have used a down market to line their own pockets at the expense of others. This bill is designed to send a message by revising our laws to ensure criminals are brought to justice and that law enforcement has the tools to uncover these fraudulent schemes and go after the bad actors. Criminals should be put on notice that ripping off homeowners and taxpayers won’t be tolerated.
- Quoted in "Congress Targets Mortgage Fraud: Justice for Victims, Jail for the Guilty," Tri-State Defender (2009-02-12)
- Dem tax& spending bill takes direct aim at family run biz/farms wld face highest income tax rate in over 35yrs & highest capital gains rate since 70s & expanded death tax I stand against Dem war on family run farms/biz + cradle to grave programs that tax u after you’re buried
- Via Twitter "@ChuckGrassley" (October 11, 2021)
Quotes about Grassly
- You are the greatest, [you have my] complete and total endorsement for reelection.
- Former United States president Donald Trump "Donald Trump lashes Mitch McConnell at Iowa rally, says he 'did not have the courage' to challenge 2020 election" (Oct 10, 2021)