Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I don’t know if people are meant to be together. You have to have a lot in common, choose well and be really fortunate. It’s not like you’re sprinkled with fairy dust. You have to believe that love will be there when you need it.
- It just seems like the most successful, iconic love stories are not so easy or escapist. I think the ones that stay with us and resonate are full of conflict, discord and misunderstandings 'cause that's what makes drama happen or tension even if it's a comedy. I think people who make movies and have invested a lot of money in them, get frightened that if they challenge an audience they are going to repel them. And I think the opposite, it's really true. It takes confidence and courage to know that and then commit to it.
- Anybody who knows how to make a good movie, knows that it's a collaborative undertaking. To deny that its really dangerous.
- "Interview: Steve Martin and Claire Danes" by Jeff Otto at IGN.com (19 October 2005)
- This business can be very erratic and intense … You can be the subject of great attention, both positive and negative. You really do have to tether yourself when you're a teen star. If you don't have that tether, then you're really lost.
- As quoted in The Chicago Sun-Times (10 August 2007)
- It's not called stalking...it's called "passionately following".
- Explaining about her character Angela Chase and her crush on Jared Leto's character, Jordan Catalano, while on MTV's TRL (11 August 2007)