Clara Jessup Moore
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- If he bring me a rose, a briar rose,
To place in my braided hair,
I shall know there are thorns in life for me
And many a wearying care.
If he bring me a lily pure and pale
And lay it upon my breast,
I shall know that my life will be of peace,
As a bird in its mother's nest.
- The Maiden's Flower Omens
- Within a temple's towering walls I stand
A temple vast; the heaven is its dome:
No corniced crag was hewn by human hand,
Nor by it wrought this tracery of foam;
- Niagara Below the Cataract
- O wondrous sphinx! within thy marble breast
What undreamed secrets lie concealed!
Hast thou no pity for my wild unrest
My maddening longing for the unrevealed?